LIPSCOMB VS FULTON

Galilee

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow ... you just have to have that last little word dont you ???

GreenbrierCat2, I would like for YOU and the CoachT police to notice this post that I have quoted and tell me where I have attacked this guy in any way, shape, or form /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

TadVols, why don't you go and start another controversial thread on Pearl Cohn so that somebody can come on and shut it down like they just did to that retarded nonsense that you brought up?????? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

.......................and that is THE LAST LITTLE WORD!!!!

Congrats to both Fulton and Lipscomb. Great accomplishment.

The Fulton game went as I expected...PC isn't (wasn't) that strong along the offensive front and not even a good athlete like Mason can operate without help. I also believed Fulton would take advantage of the DB schemes PC plays. Fulton has what my team (White House) and others in our region do not posess in huge quantities....a great amount of speed. I will be interested to see what type of team PC has next year. They sure didn't seem to have many players on their bench.

Like to see a Middle Tennessee team win this one, but do not believe it will happen.

Fulton-27

DL- 17

Your ridiculous...HYPOCRITE...HA!!!! I have not said one thing about Maryville or Alcoa on these boards. I am making light of the fact that bulldog feels compelled to tell us about his affiliation and that he "always roots against anyone playing Fulton." The usual response by fans of other teams is..."I'll take Fulton, or Fulton by 14." Dont tell us all the other garbage. What wrong with a little QUID PRO QUO. Insult for Insult!

I am affiliated with a region 5-3a team and once again let me say that I ALWAYS root for 5-3a to the end. I will also continue to root for whatever team is playing Fulton and nothing is going to change that. Now that's QUID PRO QUO>

I hope our 5-3a rep DL is able to avenge their prior losses to 2-3a. Keep this on a decent football talk level and stop the chest-thumping and everything will be fine.

If DL's lines can handle Fulton's size ...that is the key.

[i know who can stop em. Goodpasture Lipscomb Maplewood. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I seriously doubt that! I will be there Friday night in my Alcoa maroon watching the F5 touch down. I will also be there Saturday wearing Fulton maroon and also watching our twin city Maryville. I predict 3 gold balls back to East Tennessee (again). You want to be the man? You have to beat the man! Whooooooooooo!

Jeremy Holt and the David Lipscomb team will bring a presence to this game. Don't underestimate Lipscomb's coaches and their game plan. It seems like David Lipscomb and Fulton need to get time-shares in Murfreesboro because they are there every year just like a vacation spot. I do hope that Lipscomb wins it for Middle TN but I do think that Lipscomb may be outnumbered by speedsters. I am looking forward to watching this game. I think both teams will know they have been in a battle by Saturday night.

[i know who can stop em. Goodpasture Lipscomb Maplewood. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I seriously doubt that! I will be there Friday night in my Alcoa maroon watching the F5 touch down. I will also be there Saturday wearing Fulton maroon and also watching our twin city Maryville. I predict 3 gold balls back to East Tennessee (again). You want to be the man? You have to beat the man! Whooooooooooo!

i personally think lipscomb has a better chance that any other midstate team.

The FALCONS are definitely going to take the gold ball home AGAIN! Anyone who saw the game against PC will know that. NOW THAT GAME WAS JUST FUN TO WATCH! The FIREBIRDS never expected what hit them. I know they are a decent team but they obviously have not played a team with the same talent as the FALCONS! I think the defense will dominate DL and I know they cannot compete with our speed. K Walker I hope you have no plans for Saturday afternoon, tell the man upstairs to watch over us for another road trip and an injury free game. I'll take care of the signs and of course the REFS!

I checked with an expert chef and I'm sorry to say that motor fuel, oil, shoe dirt, spit, etc does not cook out of fish no matter how hot you cook it. I too witnessed the dropping of the fish and was absolutely amazed.

Good Luck Alcoa and Maryville you know the FALCONS are in it with ya! Bringin it all back to the EAST!

Still looking for the LARGE WHITE NECK BRACE missing from the training room! We have security looking into this and last word out is that it might be an inside job!

PHOTO,

GOOD NEWS! I hear DL has their very own bagpipe player! I know you can't wait!!!

GO FALCONS!

Vandy1... this time last year I personally called you out based on comments about Fulton I don't even remember. I thought you were shooting from the hip making momentum building nonsence out of nothing. I was told to do some research on you by one of your supporters before I made such accusations on your credibility. They were right & I was wrong. So I ask you this with upmost respect and value your vast knowlege of David Liscomb knowlege and the Midstate area programs.

Based on your earlier post.... Do you feel Liscomb is the underdog? Or is this a comment based on what fans from across the state will presume about Fulton based on their championship success over the past 5 years? Since early in the season, everyone has been saying Liscomb would be in Murfreesboro and would be surprised if Fulton made it at all. I look at the Liscomb program with eyes wide open respectig the caliber of athletic discipline, coaching, tradition, & quality of atheletes. Fulton is starting unify and bond as a team where there once was many cracks of scepticism & doubt. In such a rebuilding year, they have played their best games since the playoffs began. Not to say that DL is not a great team, but DL has not appeared to be as dominate this year as of late, with what sounded to be a close call against Mithchel.

Eventhough I'm a passionate fan, I wear prescriptive glasses.... not rose colored ones. I would not have said 3 weeks ago that David Liscomb is the Underdog and Fulton would be favored in the Championship game. How do you compare last year's championship team to this year's squad? Are they as talented as the '06 team? If they are.... they shouldn't be labled underdogs.

Ruse? ... our East Tennessee stat-rat... broaden our horizons with your wisdom and give us you take on the match-up as well.

I don't even remember making any comments about Fulton. I don't even recall knowing much about anything on Fulton at that time other than my preparation for the radio broadcast. I generally talk in past tense about Lipscomb or about my feelings concerning the talent level. So if you are admitting that you called me out...it was ok.. I take alot of heat from a number of posters at times on CoachT. About this team over the past. I felt like the 06 version was better than the 05 version across the board. The 07 Team is still a mystery to me. I felt that our Region was down significantly this year. There is no definitive leader or leaders of this team...and thats not a shot at them. They all recognize what is needed to be accomplished in practice and in a game and in the locker room. Coach Mac indicated to me the other night that the guys play within themselves and give all they can collectively. The so-called playmakers were all contributors to last years team, even though that team was senior laden. Last year against Fulton the media and the folks in the press box did not give Lipscomb much of a chance to win. However at the half and the end of the game these same folks were amazed how close the game ended and how Lipscomb hung in there. There is still a feeling that Region 2 is the creme of AAA Football. The media will fall into that category as well. Lipscomb did not beat Mitchell as bad as some would have expected and that will weigh in as well. My good friend in Dyersburg indicates that Fulton will be licking their chops as well to get at Lipscomb. I feel that Lipscomb is preceived as an underdog in this game and I will be going into the game with that same feeling. However, I know this staff well and I know the team well and they will go into the game believing they have a game plan to win the game. I recall the 2002 Lipscomb team. They played 3 number 1 teams in the playoffs and only gave up a total of 8 points and blasted a Mitchell team. Mitchell had all the size and the speed and could do nothing with the Mustangs. Based on last years game, Lipscomb has a tremendous respect for the Fulton program and they are in the Championship game as well. So we'll just wait for the outcome. If they beat Fulton, I may rank them better than our 06 squad. Here is how I rank the Lipscomb Championship caliber teams of the past:

1. 1994-State Champs

1b. 2002-State Champs

3. 2006 State Runner up

4. 1998 State Runner up

5. 2005 State Runner up

6. 2003 State Runner up waiting to position the 2007 team.