LIPSCOMB VS FULTON

Galilee

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck to both teams LIPSCOMB and FULTON. i dont care who wins but whoever does ought to do it with class. have fun, hit hard, and make every moment unforgetable. enjoy the rings. whether its the first time or the third!

That is one thing I'm looking forward to...a good game of nothing but a great game of football without all of the disrespect and trash talk. Last year both teams just let the game speak for itself and shook hand at the end of the game. Now that's what I like to see! Already re-loading the car for another trip this week. Another thing I'm looking forward to is NO FISH SANDWICHES!

GO FALCONS!

I'm looking forward to a great game... but, I would like to congratulate Fulton on winning it's 4th state title in 5 years. Eventhough they have not yet played the game.... they are the 2007 state champions of AAA in the Public School division. Saturday, we're playing for the outright public/private championship that comes with a trophy.

Go Falcons!

I think that I may have found more arrogant fans than the White House people. They are some of the Fulton Falcons fans on this website /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> NAMELY JUST 1 OF THEM (FultonPride). I am glad you know some of our history contexts genius because I am going to take time to tell you that I am taking the "laisse faire" approach when it comes to trying to explain things to morons such as yourself. Explaining stuff to FultonPride is about as useful as wearing a pair of football cleats to a basketball game /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Big Country. You have lost all credibility on this site, at least to me, and it looks like many other posters as well. Time and time again, you act like you know what you're talking about, post these long, drawn-out, "game analysis" posts, and then end up looking stupid. I always had my doubts, but when you started acting like you knew all this information about Fulton last week and tried making me look stupid, being a Fulton graduate, about the players who graduated last year "making a difference", and turned out to be COMPLETELY wrong with your "predictions", you lost any credibility you had left. It seems like people on here are tired of you constantly coming on here, gloating about how "spectacular" Middle TN schools are (Even though they haven't beat East TN in nearly a decade) and then trash talking on behalf of whoever happens to be playing that week. I mean, seriously, last week, you came on here running your mouth about how awesome Mason & Pearl-Cohn were and they couldn't even hang with Fulton for a half of football. It was truly embarassing for Middle TN to be quite honest how bad Fulton made the Firebirds look. So, you can come on here and make all the predictions you want. Go ahead and tell everybody how much Lipscomb will dominate the Falcons with "fundamentals and discipline", because if you predict DL to win, then go ahead and ship the gold ball to Knoxville. As a matter of fact, you DL fans need to hope Country predicts Fulton. That will bring you good luck.

Now, I would like to post on the game... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am proud of what Fulton has been able to accomplish this season. I would be lying if I said that I thought the Falcons would make it to the Boro this season, especially after the Oak Ridge and Catholic games, but I'll be the first to admit that these guys have proved me wrong, big-time. Fulton has shown a vast amount of improvement over the year, especially in the playoffs, and are playing their best football right now, at the right time. Ruse has brought up the fact that this group of Falcons is quite different than any other group to head to Murfreesboro up to this point. In 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2006, all these teams were heavily upperclassmen laden. The 2002 group graduated like 19 seniors. The 2003 group graduated 18. The 2006 group graduated 21 seniors. This year's team is very young. The good thing about that is these youngsters play very loose and just have fun on the field, with enough senior leadership from D Hump, Tyson, V. Smith, Blair, Stokes, and Cobb to make the big plays needed to win championships. It's been a very interesting year, but it's been fun to watch this team grow and last week proved just how good this team can be when penalties are limited, and the passing game is on.

On a side note....would any of the other Fulton faithful like to see more of Juan McKinney (#12)? I've noticed all year how well he's played on special teams, dishing out big hit after big hit, then came in last week against PC and came up with a great interception. I think he's a senior unfortunately, but the kid's a playmaker. I, for one, would like to see him get some action in the secondary against DL.

The Falcons are loaded in skill guys and proved against Catholic that they are more than capable of stopping the run. At the beginning of the year, I thought this would be DL's year, and that is yet to be determined, but at the end of the day, Fulton may once again prove to have too much speed, too many athletes, for the Mustangs to finally win that championship that has alluded them for the past two years. I will feel bad for the Mustangs if they don't win, after all, would you want to graduate losing three straight title games? I know I wouldn't and that's why I know DL will give Fulton their best shot. Despite the pain I know DL would feel upon losing, I still hope the Falcons can bring that 4th gold ball back to Broadway and continue this dynasty in 3A! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Tadvols eye wushed you wood quit bein so kontrovershull in your threads.. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Whur is Bessie's rest 'ert??

Go Falcuns!!!!

P.S. Tad haiv you packed tha NoDoze fer your driver, if 'un you can git him two drive tha Blue Plimmith station wagon ???? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm looking forward to a great game... but, I would like to congratulate Fulton on winning it's 4th state title in 5 years. Eventhough they have not yet played the game.... they are the 2007 state champions of AAA in the Public School division. Saturday, we're playing for the outright public/private championship that comes with a trophy.

Go Falcons!

Photo,

I don't think you can capture the private school trophy. It resides in Cedar Bluff. It's plaid and not nearly as nice as the gold one I expect the Falcons to bring home.

BTW, I'm a big boy and haven't put my kilt into storage yet. It's a little airish at basketball games. Need it? The rent's cheap but we'll need photos.

Photo,

I don't think you can capture the private school trophy. It resides in Cedar Bluff. It's plaid and not nearly as nice as the gold one I expect the Falcons to bring home.

BTW, I'm a big boy and haven't put my kilt into storage yet. It's a little airish at basketball games. Need it? The rent's cheap but we'll need photos.

I'll rent it... as long as I can have my picture taken holding that plaid trophy!

Now, I would like to post on the game... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am proud of what Fulton has been able to accomplish this season. I would be lying if I said that I thought the Falcons would make it to the Boro this season, especially after the Oak Ridge and Catholic games, but I'll be the first to admit that these guys have proved me wrong, big-time. Fulton has shown a vast amount of improvement over the year, especially in the playoffs, and are playing their best football right now, at the right time. Ruse has brought up the fact that this group of Falcons is quite different than any other group to head to Murfreesboro up to this point. In 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2006, all these teams were heavily upperclassmen laden. The 2002 group graduated like 19 seniors. The 2003 group graduated 18. The 2006 group graduated 21 seniors. This year's team is very young. The good thing about that is these youngsters play very loose and just have fun on the field, with enough senior leadership from D Hump, Tyson, V. Smith, Blair, Stokes, and Cobb to make the big plays needed to win championships. It's been a very interesting year, but it's been fun to watch this team grow and last week proved just how good this team can be when penalties are limited, and the passing game is on.

On a side note....would any of the other Fulton faithful like to see more of Juan McKinney (#12)? I've noticed all year how well he's played on special teams, dishing out big hit after big hit, then came in last week against PC and came up with a great interception. I think he's a senior unfortunately, but the kid's a playmaker. I, for one, would like to see him get some action in the secondary against DL.

The Falcons are loaded in skill guys and proved against Catholic that they are more than capable of stopping the run. At the beginning of the year, I thought this would be DL's year, and that is yet to be determined, but at the end of the day, Fulton may once again prove to have too much speed, too many athletes, for the Mustangs to finally win that championship that has alluded them for the past two years. I will feel bad for the Mustangs if they don't win, after all, would you want to graduate losing three straight title games? I know I wouldn't and that's why I know DL will give Fulton their best shot. Despite the pain I know DL would feel upon losing, I still hope the Falcons can bring that 4th gold ball back to Broadway and continue this dynasty in 3A! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Although I do think Fulton is a good ball team, I also think they think they're the only team playing in 3A Saturday. We should get CoachT to just change the thread name to "Let's talk...and talk...and talk some more about Fulton"

Just for the heck of it, I say "Go Mustangs".

Road 2 Three, You could not be more wrong about your statement about Middle Tennessee teams not beating a team from East Tennessee in 10 years. I played football at David Lipscomb. MY Junior in route to winning the state championship we destroyed the number one ranked team in the state Sweet Water. MY senior year we were up 49-0 on Alcoa at the half. Also Hillsboro beat Morristown in the State one year as well. Furthermore We beat Tyner two years in a row to advance to the next rounds. Sounds like you just like Big Country need to get your facts straight. This year I think the game is a toss up for both schools. Though both teams knew they could make it to the game they have over achieved to get there. Just like last State Championship game Fulton thinks they are going to roll but if Lipscomb doesnt win they will give them all they want. By the way dont feel good about Lipscomb struggling with Mitchell. Contrary to popular belief it looks like Lipscomb is the more battled tested team especially in the playoffss. Fulton hasnt had a close game in the playoffs and Lipscomb has won two close ones. In the end the team that makes the fewest mistakes wins this game.