LIPSCOMB VS FULTON

Galilee

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats DL. You played well today, and you played with fewer mistakes. That's a tough combination for any team to overcome.

Congrats Falcons for a good year. I remember when 1-9 or 2-8 was the norm at Fulton. Buck and his staff have done a wonderful job building a state power on Broadway. It just wasn't to be this year.

Anybody wanna go for a 3rd straight title game next year?

Did Fulton kick extra points during the year, or did they always go for two?

The way this game was going, with TDs being traded off (before DLHS's game clincher), it looked as if Fulton was going to be haunted by the same lack of XP expertise that has haunted Melrose and a few other Memphis teams in the postseason over the years.

Good game, unlike yesterday's two games.

All they will need to do is go by Fulton after they have been issued to the players and coaches and they will be more than glad to show the rings to all th DL nation.

Fulton by 14!

Might want to revise those driving directions, alltherage. You and Prospect need to let the game be played on the field before mouthing off so much. You take away from the class and mutual respect that the great majority of the Fulton fans have shown on Coach T. This was an exciting game and could have gone either way, but Lipscomb happened to come out on top this time. Fulton is a well coached football team. Lipscomb has not seen better tacklers or runners more difficult to tackle all year. Cobb is amazing! Congratulations to both teams on great seasons. Wouldn't be surprised to see Round 3 between these two teams next December.

Well, the fact that LA is positioned towards the middle part of the state is not what our argument is all about as far as Region 2 being the best. Yeah, they're closer to Middle than East, but that's just how the cards fell. The point is, the fact that LA played against Region 2 competition throughout the year and won the State with 5 losses. The level of competition they faced prepared them to beat both Notre Dame and DL solid after they got past Catholic in the 3rd round. So, in essense, you actually helped support our argument for Region 2 being the best. I would take Kingston and Anderson County against Region 4 & 5's #4 and #5 best teams any day of the week. Region 2's "Big Three" of Catholic, Fulton, and AE are by far better than Region 4 or 5's top three schools. The fact is, you talk like Fulton is the only good team in our region because they continue to go to the state every year, but the Falcons toughest tests have came in rounds 2 & 3, against Region 2 opponents. If Catholic gets past Fulton last year, then they would have beat DL as well. LA just proved that WHOEVER gets out of Region 2 is a better football team than what Region 4 or 5 has to offer. Beat Region 2, whoever it is, and then try and make an argument. We simply state facts, we don't boast about things just to be boasting.

OK OK OK....so I won't go on and on about how many region 5-3a schools could have won today over Fulton and all the BS preparedness with the other teams

What matters is that Region 5-3a DL wins the championship.....they earned it and they had their share of tough tests.

Yes!!!!!!! Region 5 .....Region 5.......DL wins! Enjoy!

no i think my facts are very RIGHT! This is their 3rd trip to state in 3A therefore they have 3 SILVER balls

Prospect

I think we need to check your "facts" again.

Looks to me like two silver and one GOLD ball.

Way to go Mustangs!

Your fans did not say much on this board, we were just waiting to see you play your game for the championship,

and that you did.

OK OK OK....so I won't go on and on about how many region 5-3a schools could have won today over Fulton and all the BS preparedness with the other teams

What matters is that Region 5-3a DL wins the championship.....they earned it and they had their share of tough tests.

Yes!!!!!!! Region 5 .....Region 5.......DL wins! Enjoy!

No, what matters is DL won it.

Glad it makes you feel better though since your team has not sniffed the playoffs in about 5 years.

Great game to watch....great game plan by DL coaching staff...Congrats on a big win.......The Mustangs showed again today why they are always in the hunt for the Gold......DL is second to none when it comes to class....great bunch of kids that play hard and fair. I can't count the number of times that DL players helped Fulton players up after a play and vice-versa.

On the other side of the ball......Fulton Falcons.......what can you say that already hasn't been said......they simply have athletes at every position....great run by the Falcons not many gave them much of a chance to get this far this year b/c of their youth including myself....not many teams could have kept this game in reach with all the mis-Q's .....that just goes to show you how dangerous and powerful Fulton is....Terrence Cobb was a man among boys today...........that was one of the best individual performances and efforts that I can remember seeing ever. Not only on Offense but he was all over the field on Defense as well.

Looks like these 2 teams will be just as good next year and could very well meet again in the final game. But 50 something other teams in 3A will have some say about that ......HOPEFULLY /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />