LIPSCOMB VS FULTON

Galilee

I just got back to West TN from the 'boro and watched all games except for the 5A game...This game was an awesome game! Knox Fulton's RB is probably one of the hardest runners I've seen run!!! He had 3 or 4 guys trying to bring him down and would shake them off and keep chugging on!!! He was the main reason they were still in the game...Knox Fulton's QB made a few questionable passes when he should've/could've kept the ball and ran with it instead of throwing an INT...David Lipscomb was a great team as well with athletes and size everywhere...I liked how the DL players at the end went over to the other teams players that were down on the ground and padded them and encouraged them, pretty classy!!! Congrats To David Lipscomb and Knox Fulton as well!!!

I agree, he was an exceptional back and w/o a doubt the reason they stayed w/i striking distance until late in the 4th quarter.....

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The deal is that they showed alot of class; nobody said that Fulton did not show any class. There is nothing wrong w/ complimenting a teams class, and also you can take that "gift wrap" excuse crap and shove it. Finally, like it or not DL's coaching staff did out coach Fulton's coaching staff on this particular day. That is not saying they are better coaches, but today they did a better job.....

no my non-friend, Fulton gave away too many turnovers that costed them the game. It looked like Austin-East all over again. Also, "Hey Coatney", how bout letting Blair throw the dang ball! Is it my imagination, or did Blair throw 5 TDs against PC? If Fulton stops turnovers, espicially from the get-go, plus lets Blair throw the ball, Fulton wins. Anyway, congrats Mustangs on a great game. Pretty evenly matched and you all got the edge. Enjoy the banquet and rings like we did last year.

Did Evan Webb get Defensive MVP? He deserves it! He was everywhere! Good job, Evan!!

Yes, Evan Webb did win the Defensive MVP award. Something like 14 tackles, 2 for losses, an interception, and, I think, one fumble recovery. You are correct, it was well deserved. The whole DL defense stepped up big. Not that the offense didn't either.

It's interesting to note that there were several underclassmen on the field most of the day for both teams. Webb is a junior along with Saggio (LB), Daniel (NT), Rogers (DB) and Lehning (CB), plus Hudson (DE) played quite a bit, all on the defensive side of things. On offense, Simpson (QB), Rogers (WR), Lehning (SE), Hudson ©, Quinn (G) and Webb (TE) are all jrs.

This could be a fun rivalry for a few more years to come. :thumb:

no my non-friend, Fulton gave away too many turnovers that costed them the game. It looked like Austin-East all over again. Also, "Hey Coatney", how bout letting Blair throw the dang ball! Is it my imagination, or did Blair throw 5 TDs against PC? If Fulton stops turnovers, espicially from the get-go, plus lets Blair throw the ball, Fulton wins. Anyway, congrats Mustangs on a great game. Pretty evenly matched and you all got the edge. Enjoy the banquet and rings like we did last year.

"If......if; if and buts were candy and nuts; what a Merry Christmas we would have".

The fact is Fulton fell for all of Lipscombs little tricks like the set and rise on punts and the double move before being set. It's hard for the defense not to fall these for the "little tricks", but it works for Lipscomb every game.

I'm surprised more teams don't do it.

I just got back from the games today. Congratulations is in store for Mustangs. I thought Knoxville Fulton would win this one by 7, but I missed on my pick. The young lads from Lipscomb played with heart and fought their rears off. I am sure everyone associated with the program is proud. Take it all in and again congrats on your title.

Legend, If I would've known your were at the games all day I would've looked you up. I was there for all 5 games.

I AM BACK BOYS & BETTER THAN EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Region 5-3A is now "KING OF THE MOUNTAIN" when it comes to football in Class 3A. I WILL MAKE THIS POINT WELL KNOWN THROUGHOUT THE OFF-SEASON & THROUGHOUT NEXT SEASON AS WELL!!!!!!

Congrats to the David Lipscomb Mustangs on your third state title in school history and the first for this senior class. It is great to see that guys like Davis, Holt, Moneypenny, Cannon, Hunt, Tenpenny, & Lehmer will get to go out as CHAMPIONS ON TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN!!!!!

As someone stated earlier this David Lipscomb Mustangs squad will be the heavy choice to repeat going into next year. They return Rogers, Webb, Brewer, Saggio, Quinn, Hudson, Simpson, Daniel, & Lehning from this year's bunch. If DL is able to replace the backfield of Holt & Moneypenny then they'll get back.

Fulton has a tougher road to go in terms of getting back. The Falcons lose Wilcox, Siler, Cobb, Stokes, Blair, Humphrey, Tyson, Smith, & #55 (whose name has slipped my mind) all from this year's squad. Outside of some linemen on offense and #8 that played tight end + defensive linemen #28, #26, & #44 I really don't know what Fulton returns. They have some skilled players to replace that's for sure /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As many predicted, The 3A game would be the most competitive of all the games. They were right. Congratulations to the Mustangs and yes to the Fulton Falcons as well. The game was settled on the field and not on the Boards. There was NO taunting or laughing at the opponent by the players on the field. From the coin toss both teams played hard and left it on the field. When it was over, they met and mid-field and shook hands and said Good Game...and each player from each team meant it.

And Yes, many people were wondering after the game and on the message Boards, there is a pretty good chance these two teams could meet again next year.

The Mustangfanpage will be updating the site with coverage from The Championship Game, so be sure to check the site out during the week.

He did let Blair throw an he threw 3 ints...i think thats a good reason to not let him throw anymore

I AM BACK BOYS & BETTER THAN EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Region 5-3A is now "KING OF THE MOUNTAIN" when it comes to football in Class 3A. I WILL MAKE THIS POINT WELL KNOWN THROUGHOUT THE OFF-SEASON & THROUGHOUT NEXT SEASON AS WELL!!!!!!

Congrats to the David Lipscomb Mustangs on your third state title in school history and the first for this senior class. It is great to see that guys like Davis, Holt, Moneypenny, Cannon, Hunt, Tenpenny, & Lehmer will get to go out as CHAMPIONS ON TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN!!!!!

As someone stated earlier this David Lipscomb Mustangs squad will be the heavy choice to repeat going into next year. They return Rogers, Webb, Brewer, Saggio, Quinn, Hudson, Simpson, Daniel, & Lehning from this year's bunch. If DL is able to replace the backfield of Holt & Moneypenny then they'll get back.

Fulton has a tougher road to go in terms of getting back. The Falcons lose Wilcox, Siler, Cobb, Stokes, Blair, Humphrey, Tyson, Smith, & #55 (whose name has slipped my mind) all from this year's squad. Outside of some linemen on offense and #8 that played tight end + defensive linemen #28, #26, & #44 I really don't know what Fulton returns. They have some skilled players to replace that's for sure /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ummmm....you split 2-2 with region 6 in the first round, and came dreadfully close to going 1-3. Region 6 is only slightly better than region 1, if they are not even. 2 went 4-0 versus 1.

DL is the top dog in the state, no arguing that. But you are kidding yourself about region 5 being the best.

The deal is that they showed alot of class; nobody said that Fulton did not show any class. There is nothing wrong w/ complimenting a teams class, and also you can take that "gift wrap" excuse crap and shove it. Finally, like it or not DL's coaching staff did out coach Fulton's coaching staff on this particular day. That is not saying they are better coaches, but today they did a better job.....

Shove it really shows class...maybe you would have been "nicer" with we shot ourselves in the foot. Either way it means the same thing. DL coaching staff is working with a more experienced and proven team. Fulton's staff had to start the season with the loss of 22 seniors. They did an excellent job to get to the title game let alone compete. Both teams played with class...like it or not.