Maryville vs Maplewood

jrlcm

looks like you the only one ..who has seen this "research" that you made up ..where is the proof ... idont see it ...anyone else see it? nope ....how are people going to trust what you say when you come from the problem..its all a scam and your are part of it ...how much did they pay you to say that stuff? ..and thats 5 kids to many ...who do you think you are .. Brentwood Acad ...MBA ..you guys need to be in DIV I OR II ... and im sure its a huge list of kids ..and if you thought you could could get away with more ..you would try it...

MHS PUBLIC vs MHS PRIVATE in the 2007 High School Championship!!! WoW!!! thats hot right there!! ...im sellling T -Shirts at the game $9.99!!

Some people will ALWAYS be jealous of Maryville. I applaud them for their great academics and athletics. Some people will always try to find reasons to discredit Maryville and it's program. I had the opportunity to see my school play Maryville 5 times during my high school career (one time, we won!!). Congratulations, Maryville, you guys deserve every single win you have racked up over the years. Good luck Saturday.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im going to make sure i sit next to him at the game ..and if he makes one sound ... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ......................lol............ /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...L.M.A.O...............o my bad....what he said /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

To paraphrase the still living Mac Boski, I know Maplewood. Divercity, your Knox West team is not the calibre of Maryville, much less Maplewood.Great job!!! thats a real public school ..does not say one word about kids having to pay to attend.. great school!!

Great school? They have to pay people to attend.

You my friend are a poor human being. I'm not going to result to name calling, but I will say that it is sad that you come on a message board and say things about kids you've never met in your life. So, let's chill with the insults and the name calling because in actuality, you wouldn't say any of that crap if you were in their presence. I won't use the broadbrush, as you have, and call all of the HC fans idiots. I've got a little more class than that. I hope one day you decide to grow up, for your sake.

You are very right. I wouldn't say any of that to their face. I don't want to get shot.

Great school? They have to pay people to attend.You are very right. I wouldn't say any of that to their face. I don't want to get shot.

hey man. get off maplewood. its basketball time for you guys.... And maybe you rite. go to maplewood talking like you talking on here you might end up on the news. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> .........LOL.......... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

so do us a favor and start a thread for HCHS fans. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well , this is a little different this year , Maryville is used to meeting up with classy posters in the state games ... Amazing that you would choose that Route Boski . So you think you should disrespect a team that has won 59 games in a row ?? I congratulate you as a fan , and your team also for having a great season this year , and I will also choose to ignore all of your attempts to discredit Maryville's accomplishments .

That AE team in 1986 talked more noise than any team I ever seen. Pearl Cohn in 1997 talked the noise also. Both those teams were better than Maryville that year. These Maryville kids won't let Maplewood get in their head. These kids have played on Maryville teams that have beaten real good teams like Alcoa,Powell,Central,MOWest,Melrose,Hillsboro,William Blount and Red Bank. Don't think for a minute that those teams didn't try to get in Maryville's head. Alcoa does their TOO HYPE chant that tries to intimidate. Red Bank made the fatal mistake of trying to taunt Maryville by dancing on their sideline.

97 PC we only talked after the ball was snapped until the whistle was blown

I'm a Memphis guy who pulls for Memphis teams, so I don't have a dog in this fight. Considering all the things that I have read in this thread ... and I have read it from top to bottom, I have a few observations.

Henry County:

Great season. Your school is going through its learning phase. I remember when Melrose went through theirs under coach Ingram. The first year they made it to the semi-finals ... they lost to coach Adeylot's (sp?) Hillsboro team @ Melrose by a score of 7-6. They followed that with another semi-final loss to the same team by a score of 22-21 (or something like that). They followed that with two straight appearences in the championship game ... only to lose to Maryville both times. I'm not saying that HC will or will not make it to the championship game next year ... I am saying that there is a learning process that takes place. The point I'm trying to make is that winning at the top level is a learned thing ... by everyone involved. Henry has made great strides in this regard. Good season.

Maplewood:

the b

I have read numerous posts from Hillsboro and Henry County fans alike saying things like ... "Maplewood is more fortunate then good because in each instance, the team that they played just had a bad game that day"... "and Maplewood won these games, but they weren't the better team." Those are not direct quotes ... but you get the gist of what I am saying. I read where ... Maplewood would not have beat Hillsboro if it wern't for all of the fumbling and so on and so forth. I have read where it has been said that ... "Melrose is better then Maplewood, and if it were not for some bad execution from Henry County .... yada, yada, yada."

Truth of the matter is ... Maplewood is that good. They beat Hillsboro fair and square. They beat Henry County fair and square. Both victories were at the other teams home field! If Hillsboro or Henry County didn't perform up to par ... too bad. I happen to think Maplewood is the reason why they didn't play so well. Even if you don't agree ... Maplewood DID what was needed to win ... The other teams didn't. Maplewood advances ... the other two teams work towards spring training while watching basketball games.

If you have a bad taste in your mouth after your defeat at the hands of Maplewood ... I can understand. If you didn't like the antics of some of the players/coaches/fans/whoever ... I can understand that as well. But trying to discredit them AFTER they beat your team LOOKS BAD. You don't have to like them or respect them ... but trying to discredit their accomplishments is just plain wrong. Maplewood is darn good ... give them credit or don't ... but, they are in the championship game ... everybody else is a spectator.

The Championship game:

I remember when Melrose first played Maryville ... everybody expected a blow-out. It wasn't. In fact .. it was very close.

Maryville has the swagger. Maryville has the experience. Maryville has the coaching. Maryville is suppose to win. Maryvile is the superior TEAM. Maryville by as many as they choose.

Maplewood is just glad to be here ... or so we ar told.

But ... I keep remembering the first game between Melrose and Maryville ... I could be wrong ... but for some reason ... it sticks in the back of my mind. Maplewood's offense isn't flashy. They are an inner city team that is filled with athletes ... not a cohesive TEAM ... like Maryville. They have one of the BEST defenses in TN high school football. They are the unanimus underdog and EVERYBODY doubts they will even make it a game.

I don't know ... but it kind of reminds me of the Melrose team that played Maryville those years back ... exact same circumstances ... just change the names ... Melrose ... Maplewood.

I do know this ... Maplewood had to scratch and claw and fight to get here. I don't think they go in here and lay an egg. Everywhere you look ... there are folks doubting them ... there are folks thinking that they won't be able to compete. To me ... its fuel for the fire.

This game will be closer then what folks think. Both teams will lay the wood on each other. I don't buy a blow-out at all. I think it will be low scoring because Maplewood's 'D' is THAT good, and so is Maryville's.

But ... that's my lil ole $0.02 worth.

the best post i have seen. stop being sore losers. 2 bad games one common factor maplewood showed up

Good Post Kwc Don't hold it against HC because of a few posters from there. I agree Panthers found a way to win but i was at that game and i can tell you that there was some luck involved in this one. That's football. Let me assure you that HC pretty much had control of that game for 4 quarters till the last few mins. And YES the Panthers won and very much deserve to be in this game. You just never know what can happen in these games. That said i respect the BIG MV very much so. BUT im wishing for them Panthers to knock them off. I can wish can't i. BOSKI fire them up for it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

the ravens had control of that game last night but when the time ran out they were not in control and thats all that matters the score at 00:00 in the 4th qrt.

Well , this is a little different this year , Maryville is used to meeting up with classy posters in the state games ... Amazing that you would choose that Route Boski . So you think you should disrespect a team that has won 59 games in a row ?? I congratulate you as a fan , and your team also for having a great season this year , and I will also choose to ignore all of your attempts to discredit Maryville's accomplishments .

boski he has a point. Hey man just let them players settle this one. I have much respect for these Rebels but things can happen. As to your Panthers if they really bring there A game with discipline this will not be a blow out. And who knows just could happen. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good Luck to both teams on a injury free game.

boski if you think my rooting against you here will help you then you got it. Another fun season i will miss this not having one in the mix. Oh and by the way it's just going to take many years to pass to be able to blow smoke at the BIG MV. Yeah we Jealous

Tennessee puts out good football players everywhere /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

They obviously have computers w/ internet access at Maplewood Comprehensive High School.

What are Maplewoods team colors? History, location etc...?

I almost forgot GO RED REBELS

i would like to take this time to say maryville's history started in 97 at vanderbilt it was called the clinic bowl back then.

i played for PC it was the coldest weather i remember in my life my hands just thawed out 2 post ago.

anyways i remeber maryville's history and when it started /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They have gangstas on their team? From what I witnessed at a Maplewood game, that team is full of nothing but ghetto thugs with no class at all, including the coaches.

all black coaching staff and they have to ghetto thugs with no class. do you have to pay to go to school to have class.

your team must have lost

Maryville ..not as good as they think. they can be beat!!! and should be beat ... there are a lot of folks in east tn ..that hate maryville i wonder why?

"I have experienced Maryville fans, first hand, and believe me, humility is nowhere to be found. I don't make it a habit of pulling for other teams outside the area, but this time I think it would be nice to have another team win it. When you put teenagers up on a pedistal as they did when the four players were involved in breaking the law, and penalize them for one game for "violation of team rules", then that to me sends a message that is not very respectable. I had respect for the coach till then. I think it was bad for everybody on Maryville's behalf. I think it was a little more severe than "a violation of team rules." They BROKE THE LAW." - some guy!

wow ... you guys got some gangstas on your team ..no wonder youre so good!!

So Sherlock Boski have you figured out who broke the law yet, or are you just trying to stir stuff up? Your a real class act you dont see Maryville fans on here trying to stir stuff up with Maplewood fans do you? Hope you enjoy your 15 minutes of fame on a message board. Congrats on being state runner up.