Maryville vs Maplewood

jrlcm

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a lot of people said this game was going to be a runaway. Congratulations to Maryville on adding another gold ball to your collection. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Do you have enough room in your trophy case? /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> And hats off to Maplewood on playing a great game and having a great season. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah, I was very impressed with Maplewood all things considered, for a first-time participant in the championship game and playing Maryville for the first time, they looked very good for most of the game. All these games with Hillsboro over the last three years must have paid off for them in the way of experience. It actually took a George Quarles trick play (what else?) to finally break the camel's back.

Congratulations to Maryville, the truck just keeps on rolling. 4th in a row and 60 in a row, and this was probably the toughest season for Maryville since 2000, so outstanding coaching job as well. Hopefully we can reload and keep it going in 2008, we're losing quite a few players. But it's been an amazing dynasty.

Congrats to Maplewood for hanging with Murvul and giving them a game. After what I read in the Tennessean about the school, I really hope they can turn things around there. Football is just one way to do it. Sounds like they have a good coach who cares about the kids and seems to be doing the right things over there.

Congratulations to Maryville. Another dominating state championship performance. I give a lot of credit to Maplewood for keeping it reasonably close but Maryville is Maryville and the beat goes on. They make it look so easy.

All do respect man, but it was anything but dominating, and it didnt look easy to me. Take away that last TD off a trick play and Maplewoods last drive is going for the tie, not saying they didnt clearly won, but it was a decent game and not easy or dominating like you are making it out to be.....

panthers hang your head high cause when you look down it ain't that big of a difference between being number 2 and 1.

even with the loss TN will now understand Maplewood is for real. this game was better than what the fight will be later on tonight. both teams did a great job.maryville triple passes and trick plays worked at the right time. maplewood you shut them down straight up. anytime teams use the trick plays its because you had the beat strait up. I'm not trying to discredit the rebels. to the rebels coaches and players congrats you won the game and that's all that matters. and to everybody that posted a landslide and did not give maplewood a chance .......... well I know for a fact your opinion of maplewood football has changed.

All do respect man, but it was anything but dominating, and it didnt look easy to me. Take away that last TD off a trick play and Maplewoods last drive is going for the tie, not saying they didnt clearly won, but it was a decent game and not easy or dominating like you are making it out to be.....

trick play, huh? I believe Maplewood tried the exact same play...if they had hit it, maybe they might have come closer...its all part of the Maryville package...it is not a 'trick' play....GQ uses it many times a year..it just works for his team...congrats to Maplewood...they played well!!

Yeah, I was very impressed with Maplewood all things considered, for a first-time participant in the championship game and playing Maryville for the first time, they looked very good for most of the game. All these games with Hillsboro over the last three years must have paid off for them in the way of experience. It actually took a George Quarles trick play (what else?) to finally break the camel's back.

Congratulations to Maryville, the truck just keeps on rolling. 4th in a row and 60 in a row, and this was probably the toughest season for Maryville since 2000, so outstanding coaching job as well. Hopefully we can reload and keep it going in 2008, we're losing quite a few players. But it's been an amazing dynasty.

Actually, this was Maplewoods second trip to the championship game. I know because I was on the 1975 Oak Ridge team that beat Maplwood 46-22 for the state title, even though Maplewood was the heavy favorite that year.

Congrats to both teams on a great year!!

trick play, huh? I believe Maplewood tried the exact same play...if they had hit it, maybe they might have come closer...its all part of the Maryville package...it is not a 'trick' play....GQ uses it many times a year..it just works for his team...congrats to Maplewood...they played well!!

That is really not a significant point, it doesnt matter if it was a trick play or not and saying it is, is not taking a shot at Maryville. Finally, a lateral pass to a WR to the outside w/ a pass back across the field to a RB IS a trick play regardless how many times you run it or if you do consider it part of a package. Anytime you run that play your intention is to catch a team off guard and hope for an easy score, which, anybody correct me if I am wrong, constitutes a trick play.....