Maryville vs Maplewood

jrlcm

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect to Maplewood, but this won't be close.

You have two teams with great talent. BUT - Maryville is VERY disciplined. Maplewood - Not so much. Also, I believe Maryville will be able to shut down Maplewood's offense. It's simple - although it worked against HC, i don't believe it'll work against Maryville. As long as you shut down their big back and get a lot of pressure on Simpson, you'll be fine. Their receivers drop A LOT of passes.

I picked this to be the Blue Cross Bowl back in August. Maplewood is a very good football team. They are awesome up front and Simpson is a playmaker at QB. Maryville is..................well they are just Maryville let's just say /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Go Panthers!!!!

No disrespect to Maplewood, but this won't be close.

You have two teams with great talent. BUT - Maryville is VERY disciplined. Maplewood - Not so much. Also, I believe Maryville will be able to shut down Maplewood's offense. It's simple - although it worked against HC, i don't believe it'll work against Maryville. As long as you shut down their big back and get a lot of pressure on Simpson, you'll be fine. Their receivers drop A LOT of passes.

cantrell was shut down a couple of weeks ago and simpson stepped up big.

i know maryville has been around since we whooped them good in 97. "36-16"

i know how good maryville is and also i watch maplewood play all year long.

it figures sore loosers

it never changes

We are not sore losers, after the game which you had just won , one of your undisciplined players # 42 to be exact came up to one of our assistant coaches ans started cursing him and took off his gloves and threw them at our coach and hot him in the chest. If that is good sportsmanship but I could expect it from this team because they received penalties all night because they could not keep their freakin mouths shut.

root for the team that beat you so you could atleast say they put us out and won the state.

yall will look worse if they beat you in double ot then get blown out the next week.

i know you still you still dont get it. huh /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Most of us would have been more than happy to root for Maplewood in hopes of seeing someone finally beat Maryville. However the lack of sportsmanship from the majority of your players and coaches last night was appalling. A few players taunted ours throughout the night (as shown by the high number of personal fouls called against them). Some of this can always be expected from players, but should never be seen from the coaching staff. When the two teams were exiting the field before half-time, some of the Maplewood coaches started yelling and cussing at our team. And after the game was won, about four or five of your team came and started dancing on our sidelines, and one player even came over and threw his gloves at our one of our coaches.

Now it's sad that the actions of a few form the opinions on the entire team. Many of your players were real class acts. They helped our players up from the field after each play and came over to congratulate them on a great season. But you should not find it hard to believe that we wouldn't be rooting for your team to win the state championship. After all, who wants a bunch of sore winners representing our great state of Tennessee /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ?

On that note, go Maryville /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />