Maryville vs Maplewood

jrlcm

As a fan of Hillsboro, i wish maplewood the best of luck in succeeding where we could not. I truly thought that this was our year to take down maryville, but maplewood has simply found a way to win the past 2 games. They play with great heart and determination, rallying around senior QB Chris Simpson. that said, Maplewood is just NOT prepared to challenge maryville this saturday. i would be absolutely SHOCKED if this game was any closer than last year's 35-10 score. maryville should have no problem shutting down maplewood's offense.

Maplewood should be proud of their accomplishments this season, despite the outcome of this game.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Maryville big in this one. Maplewood need about 5 turnovers in this game are they don't have a chance. Sorry just the facts. Good luck to both teams.I like Maryville big in this one. Maplewood need about 5 turnovers in this game are they don't have a chance. Sorry just the facts. Good luck to both teams.I like Maryville big in this one. Maplewood need about 5 turnovers in this game are they don't have a chance. Sorry just the facts. Good luck to both teams.

I like Maryville big in this one. Maplewood need about 5 turnovers in this game are they don't have a chance. Sorry just the facts. Good luck to both teams.I like Maryville big in this one. Maplewood need about 5 turnovers in this game are they don't have a chance. Sorry just the facts. Good luck to both teams.I like Maryville big in this one. Maplewood need about 5 turnovers in this game are they don't have a chance. Sorry just the facts. Good luck to both teams.

So you like Maryville in this game?

Talk about emphasis. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Well the way I see it both teams earned their way to this game Maryville will prepare the way they always do because the team and coaches know that Maplewood is capable of beating them or Maplewood wouldn`t be there .I think Maryville will win because that is the team I pull for and they will be ready to play /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

MARYVILLE 42

MAPLEWOOD 28

As a fan of Hillsboro, i wish maplewood the best of luck in succeeding where we could not. I truly thought that this was our year to take down maryville, but maplewood has simply found a way to win the past 2 games. They play with great heart and determination, rallying around senior QB Chris Simpson. that said, Maplewood is just NOT prepared to challenge maryville this saturday. i would be absolutely SHOCKED if this game was any closer than last year's 35-10 score. maryville should have no problem shutting down maplewood's offense.

Maplewood should be proud of their accomplishments this season, despite the outcome of this game.

Like I said early in the thread, I also thought if Maryville got to the championship game this year, Hillsboro would be waiting. But Maplewood has earned the right to play Maryville for the Gold Ball and we know they want it as bad as the kids at Maryville do. You are right that Maryville will prepair just like every other game and treat this one no different than any other Friday night game. We have respect for what Maplewood has done this season, but Maryville needs to stop them on the ground and through the air. Maplewood should expect to see a focused Rebel team

I don't really know anything about Maplewood, except that they were 8-2 in regular season and lost to hillsoboro and ooltewah(sp?)...from what i have heard and seen ooltewah( i really do apologize if i am butchering that name) was not as strong this year as previous years, and that makes me question how strong maplewood really is...however, you cant always go by previous games, actually, you can rarely go by previous games..that being said though, im pretty sure my class will be getting their 4th state championship this saturday, but i guess we will just have to wait and see who has the most points after those 60 minutes are played...hope everyone has a safe trip there and back, see ya there

The toughest part of a championship game is getting there. Maplewood has played and earned their right to be there. The odds are definitely not in their favor. But that is why you play the game. Stranger things have happened. Someone will eventually beat Maryville and who knows it just might be Maplewood. Knowing several of the Maplewood kids and the environment they go to school in and lack of funds available to the Maplewood athletic program, I am extremely proud of this team and the coaches for what they have accomplished. It is nothing short of a miracle that they are where they are. But I for one believe in miracles and would like to see one this Saturday. Good luck Maplewood and be proud. The worst thing that can happen is that you lose and there is no shame in that, ask the 59 teams that played them before you. But believe in yourselves and anything is possible.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Good Luck Red Rebels.

Uncle Vinny is watching from above....and smilin'!

Sorry not to be able to make the trip.

Make it 60.

MHS 41 Mplwd 30 (interesting.....an MHS will win anyway you look at it huh?)

Reguards to the Board,

Mapp

Maryville BIG IN THIS ONE ... no challenge what so ever ... bring it back to EAST TN AGAIN ... would like to see a better game though .. I will be down for my teams game Fulton and will stay to watch Maryville provided its a game but Im looking like to leave probabaly end of 1st QTR .. 21-0 at the end of 1st QTR Maryville ... IN A BLOWOUT !! Coaches from Maryville will have a plan that Maplewood has never seen or handled .... GO REBELS, GO TORNADOES and GO FALCONS.

That's a good assessment of Maplewood. But I would like to add that their passing game has increase since the playoffs begun. It's probably somewhere between 40% and 50% of their game now. A lot people have pointed to the Stratford (1-9) game, where Maplewood won 12-3, as proof that would be easily beaten. But it didn't really matter who won or lost that game, to either team (or any team in the region). So in that game Coach Thompson just rested some players, sought to improve some of their schemes, and work passing more into the offense. As for the kicking game, at least they are making PATs and a few FGs this year. Last year they quit trying either after about two games. They always went for two points after that. But their real killer this year, and last year, are their penalties. You'd think by this point mental mistakes would be eliminated.

Having said all of that, if they play their best game on Saturday I don't see the Panthers winning. Their defense is very good but their offense is only average against the better teams. If they had last year's offense with this year's defense I would give them a chance to win against Maryville. I just don't think they can outscore Maryville.

a lot have people have pointed to the stratford game score ... 12 - 3 ..and that score is wrong Maplewood won the game 28 - 9 stratford scored late in the game and failed two pt conversion but by that point the game was over maplewood starters were out and 2nd string QB was in.. and stratford was only in the game until kick off and besides that game has nothing to do with where maplewood is right now ..and thats playing for a state title! ..thats a fact ..im not go talk alot of smack ...simply because i dont want to give maryville any more of an advantage than the one they "think" they already have ..everyone's talking ... but dont seem to know what they are talking about ..ive read the post and they are clueless as to what maplewood has ..and who is who.. and i like that .. keep thinking that its going to be a cake walk.. i need one more favor ..golfendude ..i need you to pick maryville /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />