Maryville vs Maplewood

jrlcm

Regardless of the final score, this will be a victory for Maplewood! Props to Maryville for what you have done over the past several years. Your record speaks for itself. Maplewood is a team that went 0-10 a few years ago. The school has been in the news for low test scores and graduation rates. People thought nothing good could come from the school. For years, good athletes didn??™t come to Maplewood because of its bad reputation. There was no little or no budget. The zoning changed every two or three years. With all that said, Maplewood represents inner city schools all over the state that don??™t have a state of the art weight rooms, corporate sponsorships and endless finances. They won??™t be scared and will play with tenacity! Props to coach Thompson for uplifting the whole east Nashville community!!!David -vs.- Goliath!!!!GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!

great post /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats sounds fishy ... some students pay to go to maryville?? ..thats like private school-ish ..thats foul!!

no wonder you guys ..have a good team ..every year, tssaa ..should be all over that.. you guys need to pick ..public or private ... but wait until after the game ... all this talk Maplewood not ready maplewood not that! They would not be here ..if they werent ...im to hype!!! and there is not a single tuiton paying student on maplewoods roster and they are here and ready!!! ...And i like thier chances ..thats why they play the game!

move the chains ..feel the pain!!!

Most of us would have been more than happy to root for Maplewood in hopes of seeing someone finally beat Maryville. However the lack of sportsmanship from the majority of your players and coaches last night was appalling. A few players taunted ours throughout the night (as shown by the high number of personal fouls called against them). Some of this can always be expected from players, but should never be seen from the coaching staff. When the two teams were exiting the field before half-time, some of the Maplewood coaches started yelling and cussing at our team. And after the game was won, about four or five of your team came and started dancing on our sidelines, and one player even came over and threw his gloves at our one of our coaches.

Now it's sad that the actions of a few form the opinions on the entire team. Many of your players were real class acts. They helped our players up from the field after each play and came over to congratulate them on a great season. But you should not find it hard to believe that we wouldn't be rooting for your team to win the state championship. After all, who wants a bunch of sore winners representing our great state of Tennessee ?

On that note, go Maryville

Regardless of the final score, this will be a victory for Maplewood! Props to Maryville for what you have done over the past several years. Your record speaks for itself. Maplewood is a team that went 0-10 a few years ago. The school has been in the news for low test scores and graduation rates. People thought nothing good could come from the school. For years, good athletes didn??™t come to Maplewood because of its bad reputation. There was no little or no budget. The zoning changed every two or three years. With all that said, Maplewood represents inner city schools all over the state that don??™t have a state of the art weight rooms, corporate sponsorships and endless finances. They won??™t be scared and will play with tenacity! Props to coach Thompson for uplifting the whole east Nashville community!!!David -vs.- Goliath!!!!GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!Regardless of the final score, this will be a victory for Maplewood! Props to Maryville for what you have done over the past several years. Your record speaks for itself. Maplewood is a team that went 0-10 a few years ago. The school has been in the news for low test scores and graduation rates. People thought nothing good could come from the school. For years, good athletes didn??™t come to Maplewood because of its bad reputation. There was no little or no budget. The zoning changed every two or three years. With all that said, Maplewood represents inner city schools all over the state that don??™t have a state of the art weight rooms, corporate sponsorships and endless finances. They won??™t be scared and will play with tenacity! Props to coach Thompson for uplifting the whole east Nashville community!!!David -vs.- Goliath!!!!GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a great success story for Maplewood. Most folks in Maryville ( and many other places as well) are totally oblivious as to the tremendous obstacles that a school like Maplewood faces because they have it so good in their own community. Maryville has unbelievable support from school administration, parents, volunteer youth league coaches, community at large, etc. Those things don't guarantee a winning football program but they certainly help the cause. A school like Maplewood doesn't have nearly the resources as Maryville yet they have arrived at the same point ( championship game) as Maryville has.

Congrats are in order to Maplewood. I know Maplewood will play with great heart and passion. However, I stick with my prediction of a decisive Maryville victory, 42-14.

Maplewood is a great story. Maplewood is coached by the greatest athlete I personally ever saw play in Nashville, Hillwood's Ralph Thompson...talk about a beast. The guy won both the 100m and 110m hurdles in the state meet before playing at Georgia. In fact, at least 3 metro Nashville schools (I'm aware of) are currently coached by young former metro Nashville players--Thompson at Hillwood, Broome at McGavock, and Mose Phillips at Hillwood. Those guys could really lead a rennaissance of metro Nashville football. I will be cheering for them.

With that said, Maryville will win by however much they choose to win by, and we all will be daydreaming about what would happen between Maryville and MBA...

Your sensitivity to some of my questions obviously made you over look my compliments to the Maryville team.

Words like success, phenomenal, flawless are most often words associated with a compliment.

I guess anyone who looks at the Maryville program objectively instead of red and black tinted glasses is a crybaby.

If you want to give a compliment, then make a post congratulating Maryville w/out all of the qualifiers surrounding it.

I would dare say your objectivism of Maryville having unfair advantages is much more rooted than my red and black tint.

i cant wait to see the sunday paper!

i have a feeling of what the headline will say...............

Maplewood pulls the upset of the centry!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

my pick the real MHS 36

that other team 35

dont you love thoes last minute drives ending with a two point conversion(HCHS) hahahaaha /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

P.S. I have to say maplewood has had the best halftime adjustment ive seen this year. Shotout to the coaching staff.

lol ..that was funny!!! crushed their lil hearts

Most of us would have been more than happy to root for Maplewood in hopes of seeing someone finally beat Maryville. However the lack of sportsmanship from the majority of your players and coaches last night was appalling. A few players taunted ours throughout the night (as shown by the high number of personal fouls called against them). Some of this can always be expected from players, but should never be seen from the coaching staff. When the two teams were exiting the field before half-time, some of the Maplewood coaches started yelling and cussing at our team. And after the game was won, about four or five of your team came and started dancing on our sidelines, and one player even came over and threw his gloves at our one of our coaches.

Now it's sad that the actions of a few form the opinions on the entire team. Many of your players were real class acts. They helped our players up from the field after each play and came over to congratulate them on a great season. But you should not find it hard to believe that we wouldn't be rooting for your team to win the state championship. After all, who wants a bunch of sore winners representing our great state of Tennessee ?

On that note, go Maryville

sourpuss ... just a flat out sore loser ..like your guys were not talking trash also ..they just didnt get caught by the refs ..we all know what goes on during the game ..there will always be mouthing off between both teams ..you just happened to lose ... and now you wanna cry over kitty litter

lol ..that was funny!!! crushed their lil hearts

at least we finished our seasons with our heads held high and didnt resort to the cursing and actions by your team and by your coaches we have a class act program and your hoodlum actions from your team were far from being a class act

sourpuss ... just a flat out sore loser ..like your guys were not talking trash also ..they just didnt get caught by the refs ..we all know what goes on during the game ..there will always be mouthing off between both teams ..you just happened to lose ... and now you wanna cry over kitty litter

sorry but we are winners and dont resort to the actions of your team yes but our coaches do not curse your team members like yours did going into halftime Go Maryville

Since Maplewood was beat by a Good Ooltewah team. And that Ooltewah team was spanked by WB a team Maryville beat by 1 pt. I see Maryville by at least 2 TD's. Maryville has a great Coach, team and fans.

Maplewood had great athelets.

Advantage Maryville!

Being a former NIL guy and being for the underdog, I will pull for you panthers on Sat.

Good Luck. If you can beat George H and his boy's U will be the story of the year in TN HS football.

at least we finished our seasons with our heads held high and didnt resort to the cursing and actions by your team and by your coaches we have a class act program and your hoodlum actions from your team were far from being a class act

you must have done something they didnt like ... you should feel lucky you lived to tell about it!!!

lol just kidding ...you act like your guys were angels ..and they werent ... a lot more was going on than you care to talk about ..its 2 sides to the story ..but its over now ..tune in sat and watch some great football ..and the biggest "upset" of the year!!! .. sore losers!!