Maryville vs Maplewood

jrlcm

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In spite of the fact that Maryville has a 5-A enrollment, tuition students like a private school without the multiplier, and transfer students you have to give them credit for their continued success on Friday nights. 59 wins soon to be 60 regardless of their advantages and suspect schedule is phenomenal. A couple of questions come to mind.

Is Gaylor likely to leave for a head coaching job anytime soon? He is a proven Head Coach and a tremendous D coordinator. G.Q. gets a lot of credit and deservingly so. But Gaylors defensive game plans are often flawless.

Would Maryville have been as successful without the transfers/moving of some key players? Who would have played Q.B. How about Tight End/D.E., Running back?

Maryville 31 Maplewood 3 Looks like another Gold Ball for the mighty Rebels.

In spite of the fact that Maryville has a 5-A enrollment, tuition students like a private school without the multiplier, and transfer students you have to give them credit for their continued success on Friday nights. 59 wins soon to be 60 regardless of their advantages and suspect schedule is phenomenal. A couple of questions come tom mind.

Is Gaylor likely to leave for a head coaching job anytime soon? He is a proven Head Coach and a tremendous D coordinator. G.Q. gets a lot of credit and deservingly so. But Gaylors defensive game plans often flawless.

Would Maryville have been as successful without the transfers/moving of some key players? Who would have played Q.B. How about Tight End/D.E., Running back?

And another year of hearing crybabies like yourself discount Maryville's success.

And another year of hearing crybabies like yourself discount Maryville's success.

Your sensitivity to some of my questions obviously made you over look my compliments to the Maryville team.

Words like success, phenomenal, flawless are most often words associated with a compliment.

I guess anyone who looks at the Maryville program objectively instead of red and black tinted glasses is a crybaby.

In spite of the fact that Maryville has a 5-A enrollment, tuition students like a private school without the multiplier, and transfer students you have to give them credit for their continued success on Friday nights. 59 wins soon to be 60 regardless of their advantages and suspect schedule is phenomenal. A couple of questions come to mind.

Is Gaylor likely to leave for a head coaching job anytime soon? He is a proven Head Coach and a tremendous D coordinator. G.Q. gets a lot of credit and deservingly so. But Gaylors defensive game plans are often flawless.

I find it funny that you would accuse someone else of not being successful without transfers. IF you could check on many of the players from the last 10 years that played at Central you would find very similar issues. " The Pot calling the Kettle Black" comes to mind. Speaking of this past year. Where do some of the major contributors live? I am not at all saying it is right, but there is a difference in the tradition of winning bringing kids in and people actually recruiting kids to play.

Yes I also see your compliments made, but can also see the colored glasses making you forget what past Central has had.

As you may now be seeing. Once the Major recruiter leaves the coaching staff. Many of those kids are playing somewhere else. Like just a little South of you. Like I have said for several years now, Central still has some good players they just don't have the numbers of athletes they used to. Many of those players that Central used to get are now going to Fulton.

I find it funny that you would accuse someone else of not being successful without transfers. IF you could check on many of the players from the last 10 years that played at Central you would find very similar issues. " The Pot calling the Kettle Black" comes to mind. Speaking of this past year. Where do some of the major contributors live? I am not at all saying it is right, but there is a difference in the tradition of winning bringing kids in and people actually recruiting kids to play.

I am well aware of Central having several players transfer into the school and no doubt they contributed greatly to their success. I will certainly not deny or avoid any questions about Centrals advantage in having some transfers. So unlike the kool aid drinkers at Maryville I am well aware that Central took advantage of the Knox Co. Schools transfer policy to build some successful teams over the past years. Matter in fact although two were coaches sons I can't remember a Q.B. at Central that wasn't a transfer. If you will notice Central wasn't very good this year. The difference, a lack of talent that transfered in. Kids are staying at Halls, Fulton. A.E., etc and as a result Central program has suffered.

I may be the pot. But unlike the kettle I am willing to address the issues that I am aware of at Central. Not hide from them or discount them as advantages.

I appreciate you willing to address the issue, but why was it not addressed when Central was winning much more and actually beating the youth fields down talking to parents with a Coach that was on staff doing the talking to the parents and kids.

MedMan would actually deny it was happening. I have not seen him in a while, but would like to hear his take on the issue.

In spite of the fact that Maryville has a 5-A enrollment, tuition students like a private school without the multiplier, and transfer students you have to give them credit for their continued success on Friday nights. 59 wins soon to be 60 regardless of their advantages and suspect schedule is phenomenal. A couple of questions come tom mind.

Is Gaylor likely to leave for a head coaching job anytime soon? He is a proven Head Coach and a tremendous D coordinator. G.Q. gets a lot of credit and deservingly so. But Gaylors defensive game plans often flawless.

Chuck good to see your comments.

Mairvul had the largest enrollment 4A, along with Munford High in 2005. Whew I cut that one close. Next time I'll take more kids on the field trip the day of the headcount. Hopefully we can get it down to 3A.

If Fountain City will incorporate and make Central High a Fountain City, City High School and you have some extra space and you can take tuition kids too. Or maybe Halls could have their own city and city schools with extra space. But you do have to pony up the extra tax money for the city like Maryville, Alcoa, Oak Ridge, Kingsport, Cleveland, Greeneville etc. do. Nothing prevents you from doing that ...except maybe doubling your taxes.

Jimmy Gaylor is happy. Mairvul pays well, plus he has football assistants and head baseball supplements.

Yes Mairvul would have had success. We would have recruited others. By the way Chuck, how long in your mind, does a kid have to live in an area to make it o.k.? The TSSAA has rules to regulate this and Tater always gets the o.k. from Uncle Ronnie before letting anyone participate in athletics. Do you have to be born in an area, does your daddy and pappaw have to be born there, live there your whole life, live there 10 years, 5 years, or 75 years to qualify? Please let me know what works for you. Also I haven't read any comments from you on the other school systems in the area which take a few tuition/move in players for some unknown reason. Of course maybe the reason for that is they're not beating your team's eyes shut.

Chuck thanks for saying those nice things about the 'mighty Rebels'. I know Mr. "Brumette" (Burnette) and myself really appreciate it, as we continue to look for ways to improve our 'kettle'. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

One thing I have to say is I do not think it is right that a kid can pay tuition and go to another school. I also don't think that they should allow public and private in the same leagues. That is only my opinion though, and another thread.

Yes many schools do it. I know that Maryville is not the only one. Alcoa, Greeneville, DB, Elizabethton, and many many more.