Austin East 20-11 (.645)

Anderson Co 18-13 (.580)

Winning % .750 Total

David Lipscomb 27-3 (.900)

Giles 21-9 (.700)

Marshall Co 14-16 (.467)

Cheatam Co 17-13 (.567)

Winning % .658

The bulk of Fulton, AE and Anderson Co's losses have come at the hands of Catholic which unfortunately has not fared well in the playoffs. Region 2 swept the first round playoff games in 07 at 4-0 while Region 5 went 2-2. After the second round only DL remained while Fulton and AE remained.If 2 went vs. 5 in a playoff format (1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3), I don't see anyone other than DL realistically advancing to a second game.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I research, the more I uncover.

Check this out, Lipscomb's schedules for the last 3 years -

http://tennessee.coacht.com/inside/schedul...amp;seasonid=61

http://tennessee.coacht.com/inside/schedul...1&sportid=1

http://tennessee.coacht.com/inside/schedul...1&sportid=1

In three years, only ONE region 5 team has played Lipscomb in single digits, and that was a 2006 playoff game. Most games are 20+ points! How am I supposed to believe that is a tough region when no one can hang with Lipscomb? It's just reinforcing the fact that is it one dominant program, Lipscomb, and everybody else. They just have the benefit of region 6 being even weaker so they can look better than what they are. Heck, the more I look into this, the more I think Carter may have finished second in this region behind Lipscomb the last 3 years.

Look BUB....you were a region 6 fan and all anybody ever heard was the second coming of Crockett out of there every year. You're jumping on the region 2 bandwagon when your old region 6 couldn't do it just like the region 1 teams and region 3 can't. Lipscomb has run the table in region 5. I am sticking with my region 5 teams. Now where do you go? First region 6, then region 2 ...what is next 4a Maryville?

You probably don't need much of a presence on here since you are a moderator. Don't ever jump on me again about belittling other teams with your crack about Carter being better than the rest of the region. Double standards here???????

Look BUB....you were a region 6 fan and all anybody ever heard was the second coming of Crockett out of there every year. You're jumping on the region 2 bandwagon when your old region 6 couldn't do it just like the region 1 teams and region 3 can't. Lipscomb has run the table in region 5. I am sticking with my region 5 teams. Now where do you go? First region 6, then region 2 ...what is next 4a Maryville?

You probably don't need much of a presence on here since you are a moderator. Don't ever jump on me again about belittling other teams with your crack about Carter being better than the rest of the region. Double standards here???????

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

1. You've never heard about the second coming of Crockett Co. from me. Even Big Country will tell you that.

2. Truth be told, I could care less about region 2. I just like getting a rise out of Big Country and I think you are an idiot. Other than that, I could care less.

3. If by saying in hindsight that I think Carter would have finished second in region 5 is belittling region 5 teams, then so be it. They were a prety dang good team in 05 and 06.

4. Well, since I live in Maryville now, it does make it quite easy to follow them.

5. If you have problems with me moderating, please tell coach - coacht@coacht.com.

6. If you are going to try to run me down or call me out on something, please get your facts straight first. That's twice you've been wrong in a week.

7. And since you enjoy questioning me so much, I'll just turn the tables. So why don't you coach anymore? Too old or just weren't any good any good? Or both?

Region 5 is stronger top to bottom and has more teams. Also region 5 is not afraid to play up in class or other good teams. Region 5 has a ton of ex-players playing college ball or has had. How about region2?

Calling me names......and here it is Christmas time......Bub...

I'll be happy to show you my two Championship rings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is little statistical data to support 5 or 2 from a region superiority perspective. Bottom line is DL is the 3A Champ. For the past 5+ years, the 3A champ has come from region 2, and thus the region 2 fans have touted the superiority of region 2. The shoe is now upon the other foot, with said foot at a 90 degree angle poised to kick which, is to be expected. It's just turnabout, fair, and to be expected.

From a scheduling standpoint, Fulton played Oak Ride, Tyner, and Morristown East. AE, played Knox. Webb, Brainard, and Carter. Catholic played Morristown West, Knox Webb, and Baylor. That, IMO is a pretty good mix of 5A, 4A, and DII, the 3A-1 champs, and a couple of very good 2A teams tossed in for measure.

ruse?

Region 5 is stronger top to bottom and has more teams. Also region 5 is not afraid to play up in class or other good teams. Region 5 has a ton of ex-players playing college ball or has had. How about region2?

Bet my 3 rings beat your 2 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> How is Region 5 stronger top to bottom? Region 2 has had 3 DIFFERENT teams win a State Championship since 2000 in Fulton, AE, and Livingston Academy. Region 5 FINALLY wins it after striking out against Region 2 the past two years, and its Region 5's first since 2000, Region 2 has 5 titles in that time frame. Yes, DL is a very good football program, but that's all Region 5 has my man. People get on here talking about Fulton being the only team out of Region 2 to go to the Boro every year and that's totally false. Like I said, AE won it in 2001 and LA won it in 2005 (And I don't care Country how bad they are now, that has nothing to do with their 05 championship team). Knoxville Catholic is just waiting to get that playoff monkey off their backs, but have went undefeated in Region 2 regular season play the past 2 years, so it's just a matter of time before Region 5, wait, excuse me, DAVID LIPSCOMB, has to deal with the Irish in Murfreesboro. What other teams out of Region 5 has even went to the championship game in the past 10 years? DL IS Region 5. Region 2 has had 3 different champions in 7 years, Region 5 ONE. How is Region 5 stronger top to bottom? That statement made no sense whatsoever.

Sorry bulldog...the regions are not even close. Besides DL, Region 5 has no one that realistically could make the Championship game year in and year out. Region 2 has at least three--Fulton, Catholic and AE.

OK let's compare talent pool (for the sake of this argument, let??™s use players from the past three seasons that received offers or have offers from D1A and D1AA schools)

Fulton:

RB Rogan (UT), Jam Fine (TSU), Te. Cobb (D1AA)

DL A. Hamilton (College of the Canyons--recruited by several D1 schools)

OL T. Morris (Austin Peay)

WR Elliot Bishop (offered by many 1AA, landed at Carson Newman as NQ), C. Pitchford (UTC)

LB Ty. Cobb (TSU), Bubba Stokes (D1AA offers)

WR/DB V.Smith and D.Humphrey (several D1AA--may have D1A interests), K. Tyson (D1AA offers)

Catholic:

DB H. Smith (Notre Dame), Robbins (D1AA offers)

QB E. Lindsey (D1AA offers)

OL Franklin (Cincy)

LB Tait (Aub, Col, Ill) and Trussler (Tn Tech)

WR J. Faris

AE:

WR A. Anderson (UT)

Livingston:

QB W. Cates (Princeton)

AC:

TE J. Sharp (Tn Tech and other D1AA)

Region 5 is stronger TOP to BOTTOM in most years. READ what I said.

I also note that there were no mentions of past region 5 players who have ACTUALLY played in college. I would have to allow Big Country to research. Don't be talking about offers.........half of a good team can get an "offer"....I am talking about playing.

No, as your post states, you did not say "most years"....so I'm assuming you mean that the region is stronger, top to bottom, right now. That's simply not true. Region 5 has one team capable of going to State title games, as the past 7 years indicates, Region 2 always has 3 teams capable of going, and winning, the State every year. If AE played Giles, or Catholic played Giles County, it would get ugly. That appears to be Region 5's 2nd best team.

No, as your post states, you did not say "most years"....so I'm assuming you mean that the region is stronger, top to bottom, right now. That's simply not true. Region 5 has one team capable of going to State title games, as the past 7 years indicates, Region 2 always has 3 teams capable of going, and winning, the State every year. If AE played Giles, or Catholic played Giles County, it would get ugly. That appears to be Region 5's 2nd best team. Region 5 has not produced the talent Region 2 produces as well. Harrison Smith and Dennis Rogan are heads above anything Region 5 has produced in years. Rogan plays ALOT as a true freshman for UT. Who does Region 5 have playing meaningful minutes as a true freshman in D-1? SEC?

Region 5 is stronger top to bottom typically, most, every or what ever year in and out.....that means top to bottom....not the top three in region2 that keep coming up over and over. It means that there are different teams that make playoffs and the last week of the season there are more teams still in the hunt....not like the same 3 teams in region 2. I keep hearing about all these other strong teams in region 2 but Fulton is the only one that has come out of there except for Middle Tn's Livingston Academy

This Giles vs whoever doesn't mean a whole lot since neither one made it. I don't remember seeing Catholic in any semi's etc...so that point is pointless

I said players who are playing in college....don't change the levels...college...got it????

Well at least you guys have your fantasy land of "what ifs" for a whole year.