Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to pick a fight??¦but do you think that perhaps a teams success or lack there of has a role in dictating how active a student section is. Could that be the real reason the Cougar student section has slightly dissipated? If ???the General??? is who I think she is??¦wasn??™t she also their in 04??™ and 05??™ went the Cougar student section looked like a sea of orange?

"The General" is the new principal at Central and she was definately not there in 04-05 or any other year but this one. "The General" nickname (I am guessing she made it up herself) comes from a shirt that she wears that says that on it. Pretty mature...huh? She has done her best to try and make the basketball games all about her instead of the players or the fans. She even went as far as to ask a fan to say her name in a cheer.

The crowds at Central have been great again this year except for the last 2 games, but again they were a non-conference game and a game againist Boone. I am sure there will be a lot of fans at the last home game Friday and when the Districts start. Central has a great group of kids and fans.

If you were the ones sitting under the goal, it was because one of you was cussing a Boone player. I will give it to you that the Central cheer section was funny, but that may have been because several were drunk. Drunks are always funny to watch.

Totally wrong. Nobody under the goal was drunk. "The General" decided she needed to yell down from above and tell one of Central's best former players that he had to throw his skoal out or he would be ejected from the gym (Like he was the only person in the gym dipping skoal). She also thought it was necessary to send 3 constables his way to make sure he did it (he spit it out in the thrash without a fuss by the way). All she had to do was tell the person herself to throw out the dip and nobody would have even known anything was going on. Anyway, after she makes this scene the guys father made a comment how ridiculous that was and she said that he needed to leave because he was "being smart" to her and then she sent the 3 constables his way.

As sad as I will be when this season is over and how I will miss seeing these players and the student section, I will be glad that I do not have to go to that gym anymore and see the "Clown Show" that Central has become this year and last. I honestly don't know why the students come to the games to only get treated terribly by their own administration and their own constables. Look at any other school, the administration and constables throw out fans from the OTHER TEAM, not their own! You are supposed to take care of your own fans, not threaten to make them leave just to show how much control you have.

Stokomo,

I do remember those days, very well..I will add to a bit of the D-B history in that the reading of the newspaper began during the 1973-74 season and was "borrowed" from Wake Forest...the student section would also turn their back to the floor and face the reserved seat section and the press box when the opposition was introduced as an effort to show they didn't care who they were...the Rough Riders and the Bleecher Bums before them did a great job being loud and obnoxious...if you didn't arrive before the start of the boys JV game, you didn't get a seat in the D-B student section, which was the entire home side bleacher area at the Buck Van Huss Dome (the boys JV game immediately preceded the boys varsity back in those days)...

I wish the crowds were bigger at games today...they were packed in the day...

Rol Tribe Roll

Stokomo,

I do remember those days, very well..I will add to a bit of the D-B history in that the reading of the newspaper began during the 1973-74 season and was "borrowed" from Wake Forest...the student section would also turn their back to the floor and face the reserved seat section and the press box when the opposition was introduced as an effort to show they didn't care who they were...the Rough Riders and the Bleecher Bums before them did a great job being loud and obnoxious...if you didn't arrive before the start of the boys JV game, you didn't get a seat in the D-B student section, which was the entire home side bleacher area at the Buck Van Huss Dome (the boys JV game immediately preceded the boys varsity back in those days)...

I wish the crowds were bigger at games today...they were packed in the day...

Rol Tribe Roll

The bleachers were not only full, but full of students, no adults/parents. Not even 9th graders as they sat in their own section with Jr High students. Don't forget visiting fans (sometimes with umbrellas) would bring a crowd too. Central's visiting crowd used to equal DB's home crowd last night, of course they had the Moody boys. Too much ESPN to compete with. How many stayed home last night to watch the VOLS vs coming to the DB game? Better game in the Dome! Skunk Trivia-which game had the closed circuit TV because of it being sold out? (Young guns and out of towners wont believe it happened).

The bleachers were not only full, but full of students, no adults/parents. Not even 9th graders as they sat in their own section with Jr High students. Don't forget visiting fans (sometimes with umbrellas) would bring a crowd too. Central's visiting crowd used to equal DB's home crowd last night, of course they had the Moody boys. Too much ESPN to compete with. How many stayed home last night to watch the VOLS vs coming to the DB game? Better game in the Dome! Skunk Trivia-which game had the closed circuit TV because of it being sold out? (Young guns and out of towners wont believe it happened).

Was it Louisville Male when they came in ranked #1 in the Nation? Or maybe Chattanogga Riverside?

No offence to maroonandgrey but isn't Cap1 a previous Mo-Ron of the day winner. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

No offense to anyone either.. but shouldn't CAP1 be automaticly selected Mo-Ron of the day anytime he posts? I mean there is nothing that comes from this guy that is credible so therefore IMO all his posts are Mo-Ronic to say the least.

I found this picture in an annual of mine. This may reveal how old I am. This is a picture of DB and Central in the District championship game. Dan Moody hit a shot from almost half court with 3 seconds to win this game and Central fans poured onto the floor. This was the biggest rivarly in high school basketball. Notice all the fans sitting around the floor with the legs hanging over the rail. I doubt if we ever see that again. Skunk, are you old enough to remember this?

No offense to anyone either.. but shouldn't CAP1 be automaticly selected Mo-Ron of the day anytime he posts? I mean there is nothing that comes from this guy that is credible so therefore IMO all his posts are Mo-Ronic to say the least.

What you need to be doing is cleaning up the cow dung out of the parking lot there at the high school. Your about to have some company.

You don't have to stand up to cheer for your team. I personally saw a dad from the girls team come to the rail at TN High near the end of the game to get you guys to cheer for the girls. You guys just made fun of him instead of cheering fo YOUR team. By the way The General is most likely the reason that there are less students at the game. She won't let you guys yell hardly at all but she'll throw you out for no apparent reason.

It has gotten to a point where students feel like we can not win,and no matter what we do we are going to get griped at for doing it. Also, there was not crazy support for the football team from students like you earlier stated, and after the East game,it seemed like a parent was blaming us for the girls team losing,therefore,I am blaming the crowd at football games for why we lost.

Hightop,thats the coolest picture ever.

First Round District winners : DB, SH, Volunteer, Central.

DB at Gate City in 1988 was a SOLD OUT game! Gate City sold tickets for closed circuit TV in the cafiteria! That was a heck of a ballgame that night with DB getting the RAW END of some good ole VA OFFICIALS!

DB at Gate City in 1988 was a SOLD OUT game! Gate City sold tickets for closed circuit TV in the cafiteria! That was a heck of a ballgame that night with DB getting the RAW END of some good ole VA OFFICIALS!

Their gym only holds 35, not counting the players and coaches. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />