Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

I don't know who the leader of the group is, but maybe you need to speak to them on this subject. Thanks for being honest about it also. I was just amazed at how the group did Fri. at TN High when we beat the no 1 team in the conference. You guys do a GREAT job during the boys games and I applaud you for that but give the girls a little respect also. Enough about that Good job tonight Cougars and keep it up.

uh hem. As a student in the student section, standing for 3 1/2 hours as stated earlier is a hard thing to do . and i do recall, we have stood up for at least 2 games,when the game is close at the end. As for me, I yell and scream during the girls games, (and the guys jv games because i love central basketball and every home game i am there from 430- on), but i will not yell as much as i do for the boys game. For me, girls games are just a little harder to get into then the guys game. PLus out student sections has been horrible the last couple of games and i cant figure out why less and less students are showing up.

On another note. Central did beat boone but Central def did not play its best basketball. Last night we looked horrible against Greenville and tonight we played a litttle better but not like we should. We better start getting our act together before TH. Bring on the Vikings!

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think DB played that well tonight. Its a bad time to be in a slump if thats what it is. Missed a lot of free throws down the stretch. Some poor shooting at times. McConnel jacks up a three and misses with DB having a 1 point lead with about 18 seconds left on the clock, don't know what he was thinking. Science Hill took what would of been the winning shot with a few seconds left and it was blocked by Flack. Its was Flacks second blocked shot in the last 60 seconds of the game. Flack sat out almost the entire 3rd. period and about half of the 4th. I don't know why? Edwards and I think Riggs both fouled out with about 3 min. to go. I think 2 other Indians had 4 fouls each. Two T's were called, one on the Science Hill bench and one on Williams for smilling. I think the refs wanted some attention. They were a joke just as they all have been all year. Oh, the score ended up 67-66 DB.

Edwards and Hardy fouled out and Sylvester had 4 fouls late in the game. Wow! 39 free throws for the Toppers. Chris Smith made only 1 shot but made 11 of 16 free throws! I don't know that I have ever seen a kid take 16 free throws in a game. I agree, not sure what McConnell was thinking putting up that 3-point shot with the lerad and 18 seconds left. If DB knocks down there free throws late the outcome would have been decided way before Bronson's block. I've been saying all year that free throw shooting is going to be a killer down the road.

For all those interested, the game will be re-played on WKPT-DT3 from 5-7 pm

uh hem. As a student in the student section, standing for 3 1/2 hours as stated earlier is a hard thing to do . As for me, I yell and scream during the girls games, (and the guys jv games because i love central basketball and every home game i am there from 430- on), but i will not yell as much as i do for the boys game. For me, girls games are just a little harder to get into then the guys game. PLus out student sections has been horrible the last couple of games and i cant figure out why less and less students are showing up.

You don't have to stand up to cheer for your team. I personally saw a dad from the girls team come to the rail at TN High near the end of the game to get you guys to cheer for the girls. You guys just made fun of him instead of cheering fo YOUR team. By the way The General is most likely the reason that there are less students at the game. She won't let you guys yell hardly at all but she'll throw you out for no apparent reason.

No offence to maroonandgrey but isn't Cap1 a previous Mo-Ron of the day winner. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Takes one to know one. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

You don't have to stand up to cheer for your team. I personally saw a dad from the girls team come to the rail at TN High near the end of the game to get you guys to cheer for the girls. You guys just made fun of him instead of cheering fo YOUR team. By the way The General is most likely the reason that there are less students at the game. She won't let you guys yell hardly at all but she'll throw you out for no apparent reason.

Agreed. Also not to mention, at the jv game me and some other varsity basketball players were watching the JV game and cheering and yelling and during halftime the officials went to Coach Krantz and told him to tell us to be quite because we were distracting..? That is part of having home court advantage. Anyway, yes i know about the man tellin us to cheer. There are just some fans who will absolutley not cheer for girls games. Dont ask me why, ill tell them to say something and they just laugh, and i say some cougar spirit and they say they dont care. Centrals student section has just gone down hill, mostly because of " the general"

Agreed. Also not to mention, at the jv game me and some other varsity basketball players were watching the JV game and cheering and yelling and during halftime the officials went to Coach Krantz and told him to tell us to be quite because we were distracting..? That is part of having home court advantage. Anyway, yes i know about the man tellin us to cheer. There are just some fans who will absolutley not cheer for girls games. Dont ask me why, ill tell them to say something and they just laugh, and i say some cougar spirit and they say they dont care. Centrals student section has just gone down hill, mostly because of " the general"

Not trying to pick a fight??¦but do you think that perhaps a teams success or lack there of has a role in dictating how active a student section is. Could that be the real reason the Cougar student section has slightly dissipated? If ???the General??? is who I think she is??¦wasn??™t she also their in 04??™ and 05??™ went the Cougar student section looked like a sea of orange?

If you were the ones sitting under the goal, it was because one of you was cussing a Boone player. I will give it to you that the Central cheer section was funny, but that may have been because several were drunk. Drunks are always funny to watch.

Not trying to pick a fight??¦but do you think that perhaps a teams success or lack there of has a role in dictating how active a student section is. Could that be the real reason the Cougar student section has slightly dissipated? If ???the General??? is who I think she is??¦wasn??™t she also their in 04??™ and 05??™ went the Cougar student section looked like a sea of orange?

With every year comes more strict rules regarding student section activity. Some rules are good and some bad. At DB (83-87) the student section would have the newspaper and act like they were reading it while the visiting starters were called out. Then they would already have newspaper confetti in buckets and throw the confetti in the air when our starting line up was announced (see if skunk remember's thoses days). It was stopped because the janitor staff did not like the clean up after home games. That was the best student cheering I had ever heard at DB. But I do agree that success has a little to do with it also. Hands down......the Cougars have the best student section in the Big Nine. "Wildcard Saturday" is almost here. The "Second Season" is about to unfold. WashingtonCountyJaCo... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ....and others......what are your top four predictions on the District 1 & 2's for teams that will be moving on to the Regionals. Please rank each District from 1st-4th. Remember...the Regionals will be at Greeneville's Hal Henard Gymnasium. GOD BLESS!!!!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />