Battle For The State

War Eagles

Who will win the 2nd annual Battle for the State at Lipscomb University?? The teams that are playing in this prestigious event include host team Sycamore, Riverdale, Union City, Independence, Brentwood Academy, Livingston Academy, Haywood County, and Mt. Juliet. I believe Sycamore can win this tournament if they play like they're capable of and not committ too many turnovers. Good luck to all teams. This should be a great tourney with some outstanding players in it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who will win the 2nd annual Battle for the State at Lipscomb University?? The teams that are playing in this prestigious event include host team Sycamore, Riverdale, Union City, Independence, Brentwood Academy, Livingston Academy, Haywood County, and Mt. Juliet. I believe Sycamore can win this tournament if they play like they're capable of and not committ too many turnovers. Good luck to all teams. This should be a great tourney with some outstanding players in it.

I will say Union City wins it.

The tournament starts tomorrow (Thursday) with all of the action taking place at Lipscomb University's Allen Arena. Here is the opening day schedule:

4:00 - Haywood County vs. Independence

5:30 - Union City vs. Mt. Juliet

7:00 - Riverdale vs. Sycamore

8:30 - Brentwood Academy vs. Livingston Academy

The second day times are the same with consolation bracket games at 4 and 5:30 and semifinal action at 7 and 8:30. On Saturday, the 7th place game is at 11:00 - 5th place game is at 12:30 - 3rd place game is at 2:00 and the championship game is slated for 3:30.

The tournament is also offering 2 scholarships as a part of the events. The John E. Mayfield Honorary Scholarship will be presented to 2 senior players desiring to continue their education beyond high school from nominations submitted by the coaches. The selection committee will make the presentations along with Mr. Mayfield on Friday night between the semifinal games with each scholarship representing $500.

Great tournament and great action. Don't miss this one!

First day results:

Independence 64 Haywood 50

Union City 67 Mt. Juliet 62

Sycamore 61 Riverdale 54

Livingston Acad. 70 Brentwood Acad. 67 (Clint West hits a 3 with just over 2 seconds remaining)

Friday's semifinal and consolation round schedule:

4:00 - Brentwood Academy vs. Haywood

5:30 - Riverdale vs. Mt. Juliet

7:00 - Sycamore vs. Union City

8:30 - Livingston Academy vs. Independence

All games at Lipscomb University's Allen Arena.

what do the rest of fridays results look like?

and not to put LA down but how did they beat BA???? just saying that BA is there would strike fear in most people unless BA is down this year just let me know how they are doing this year and how the game went

Livingston Academy beat Independence 68-67 (Chase Dunn led LA with 30 pts.)

Union City beat Sycamore 76-66

Brentwood Academy beat Haywood Co. 67-57

Riverdale beat Mt. Juliet 54-41

Livingston Academy will play Union City on Saturday at 3:30 p.m. for the Championship