TSSAA private school rule changes

shpshter93

How about instead of a multiplier all private schools should have to meet these minimum student "type" requirments.

For every 1 wealthy kid with a good home you have to have 6 poor ones living in a single parent home. (like public schools)

For every 1, 6'-3' 255lb. kid with a good 40 time , you get 4, 5'-8" 149lb. slow kids(like publics)

For every 1 kid that you have in the weight room everyday you get 5 that will be there once a week and 17 that won't show at all. (like publics)

and finally for every male student you have you will be required to have at least 2 girls that can help ruin their highschool careers.

All good suggestions. Perhaps an oversight committee, comprised of a member from each

surrounding public school, to ensure the "selection" process for admission is not heavily biased

toward athletes. Who do you think is going to get the nod; the 6'3" 255 lb. athlete, or the

5'8" 149 lb. nerd? Think there's actually going to be a paper trail? Puleeeze!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I have always thought a point system calculated on the time you entered the school (public or private) would make sense. For instance, my daughter has been at public schools 10 years now

(2 Pre K, K, and 1-7) is in the 7th grade, but obviously was not recruited when she was 4 years old.

She should count -0- points, wheras if a kid comes to a school in the 9th grade for the first time and is an athelete, X number of points should be accessed to the school. The sticking point would be the magnet schools that are recruiting from every Jr. High team in town. I think the specific jr. high school zoned for the magnet school would be -0- points, but others would count as much as if magnet was a private school. (Amazing how in the Jackson school system, the athletes seem to get to go to their school of choice regardless of where they land in the lottery).

Enough rambling, but we have a group of 7th graders at our private school that have been together since Kindergarden, and seem to be a pretty good group that are not going to be able to compete with schools that are 3 times our enrollment.

Last week our high school with enrollment of little over 300 played a district game with a school of enrollment over 890 and over an hours drive away from here. They had 43 people on their side of the gym. The Bradford/Peabody game had 43 Grandmommas on each side...I miss those days.

I heard that there are some proposed changes for private schools participating in the Tssaa next year, have these been voted on yet?

1. Since each girl at a private school counts as 1.8 girls, Private schools will only be able to play 3 girls on the floor at any time. (3x1.8=5.4)

2. Change the rules so that each foul counts as 1.8, 3 fouls and your out the first game, and the extra percent carries over to the next game. (.4)

3. Allow teams that are not within the bounds of a private school to have 3 freethrows on a shooting foul. One/one to be swithced to 2+1, foul shooting will start on the 5th foul for the private classified school

4. Any team that dares to work hard and committ to playing as a team will be cited for violating the parity rules, Teams will have to practice outdoors.

5. Teams that fall under the classification of private schools will not be allowed to have 3 or more players in a gym together for any reason. This includes pep rallys, weddings, or parties.

6. Spring Break Vacation, which usually begins the week of the TSSAA B-ball finals will only be allowed at the discretion of the tssaa, of course no more than three girls can go to the beach together (Violation of Volleyball rules)

7. Define parity rule: rules so that the public schools (who cant fill a gym) will be able to compete on a consistant level

with people who have worked harder and take pride in achievement.(private and County, who do fill the gym) in order to give people who havent earned the right to anything, a chance. This will also allow the coaches who steal a stipend to be able to compete with those that teach their kids about the game and make them successful in life.

8. Change to TSSAA slogan: If you cant compete, make rules to dumb it down, so you can

Are there any additions?

Sad thing about this is, if these rule changes really were to happen private schools would still beat public schools /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm taking to a whole new level? What about the bozo who started this thread with his witty new rules? I bet you laughed and thought his rules were cute.

Now you see here...Calling me Bozo is a Compliment. I dont think I am an American Icon just yet. Except for the fact he is a clown and I am a litte scared of clowns. DevilFanatic called me an Idiot. I wonder how He knows I did not finish college. But dont worry about me DevilFanatic, I may be an Idiot. But I have a whole bunch of smart College guys that work for me!

LOL

Now you see here...Calling me Bozo is a Compliment. I dont think I am an American Icon just yet. Except for the fact he is a clown and I am a litte scared of clowns. DevilFanatic called me an Idiot. I wonder how He knows I did not finish college. But dont worry about me DevilFanatic, I may be an Idiot. But I have a whole bunch of smart College guys that work for me!

LOL

You don't have to go looking for me if you would like to meet me face to face and discuss this i would be more than happy to do that. The idiotic post you made was just that. Apparently i'm not the only one to see it that way. The "private" supporters will always have their opinions as will the "public" supporters. Until TSSAA does something about it the message boards will be flooded with topics for all of us to debate on. However when you start stupid threads like this one you are just asking to get bombbarded with posts, both for and against. If you want to cry about what i said and say you have to look me up on another thread to get your point across just pay the $12 "mr. business man" and support CoachT and then you can send me a personal message. If you don't know how to do that maybe one of those "smart college" guys that works for you can help you figure it out! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

So the only 'fair' scenario is for the private schools to never win?

As we all know some programs both private and public will always compete at a high level due to the fact that they are successful and have very good coaching. There are also some that hardly ever compete. We shouldn't be talking about the "exceptions" at either end of the spectrum but the "rule" and this thread is basically just trying to make fun of the TSSAA rules and because CoachT provides us with this "avenue" to do that and the fact that we live in a free country we are all able to do this, both for and against. I for one have served my country in the U.S. Marine Corps so i have seen full well what its like in other countries that don't have the same opportunities that we all take for granted here. So if i ruffle some feathers with some of my posts please accept my apologies i mean no harm but i am very opinionated to say the least. Must be that "Marine Corps" drill instructor mentality coming out in me! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

LOL

Just because your daddy n law went to college and owns a business then hires an uneducted son n law to manage the stockroom in the basement doesn't mean your bossing college guys around.

Just because your daddy n law went to college and owns a business then hires an uneducted son n law to manage the stockroom in the basement doesn't mean your bossing college guys around.

Now thats funny i don't care who you are thats funny! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

How about instead of a multiplier all private schools should have to meet these minimum student "type" requirments.

For every 1 wealthy kid with a good home you have to have 6 poor ones living in a single parent home. (like public schools)

For every 1, 6'-3' 255lb. kid with a good 40 time , you get 4, 5'-8" 149lb. slow kids(like publics)

For every 1 kid that you have in the weight room everyday you get 5 that will be there once a week and 17 that won't show at all. (like publics)

and finally for every male student you have you will be required to have at least 2 girls that can help ruin their highschool careers.

How will this work?

1. The 6 poor kids were recruited for their playing (and academic of course) ability anyway. So, we are fine with this rule.

2. This one will be a little tougher, you can only have so many managers, trainers, and videographers.

3. We're compliant here because the ones that don't show up are already working with private trainers, sports psychologists, nutritionists, etc. We don't want anyone that's not that committed!

4. DEAL BREAKER - We don't have sufficient rest room facilities and cell phone hot spots to handle the influx of females. Our school is so small that there would be in-fighting amongst the females and they would kill each other off. Hard to juggle 2 or more when you can't hide from both girls. Kind of a survival of the fittest for dating purposes.

Can we get an exemption? Dad will pay /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />