Great Freshmen in 5A

bud

colorado, I'm sorry that my post was taken the wrong way. I was not calling you out, I was only making a comment. Too many times I hear about "red shirt" Freshmen that for one reason or another are held back in school and are pure 100% studs in their class. I just wanted to let others know that we still have "true" freshman in this state that can compete at the Varsity level.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sensabaugh is no doubt a good player........didn't get many yards in the SH game.........but too much is being made of him being "just a freshman"...........if you want to say he's a good player that's fine but c'mon.........lay off the Freshman stuff. We have a few outstanding soph. that got lots of time on Varsity this year that are only 15 and won't be 16 'till late summer. I can't control what other topper fans posted last summer. Thanks but no thanks for the advice on the silent approach. We had great talent this year and an outstanding defense. The offense never got it together. We all hope Coach Smith gets it together next year.

I understand what you mean about people going on about him being "just a freshman". However on the flip side; DB was 2-3 until he started playing. DB could not run with the ball until he came on the scene. Then, DB won 7 straight games because Chris allowed the passing game to open up. DB has played only 1 other freshman in 20 years and he did not play much. Chris, playing only half of the season, outgained all other rb's and was the leading scorer with 90 points. He was selected to the All-Big East Conference team and the 2007 Times-News Elite Football Team that represents NE TN and SW Virginia and the only freshman on either.

As to the DB Science Hill game the final score was 38-14 DB. I think Science Hill had the biggest most intimidating defense in the conference. DB was outsized across the board. Science Hill targeted Sensabaugh the entire game and got to him on the hand offs. However, the fact that the Topper defense played to Sensabaugh allowed other players to step in and they did. Also, DB's defense stepped it up and made big plays. Sensabaugh got hurt and continued to play acting as a decoy.

But please continue to underestimate Sensabaugh and talk it up all you want because it just motivates DB.

colorado, I'm sorry that my post was taken the wrong way. I was not calling you out, I was only making a comment. Too many times I hear about "red shirt" Freshmen that for one reason or another are held back in school and are pure 100% studs in their class. I just wanted to let others know that we still have "true" freshman in this state that can compete at the Varsity level.

Point taken. I misunderstood your post.

Both of Smyrna's "freshman" can only play for three years because of age.

i sure hate this...for any kid...if it is true

when blackman played Smyrna in middle school during bryson and meadows's 8th grade year...i think bryson touched the ball 11 times and scored 6 times...and we had a pretty good Defense and the O line for Smyrna was not really that good...as i remember...and meadows was blocking for him...point is...they could have scored without an offensive line and that is in reality what they did

but they did seem VERY , VERY mature compared to every other guy on the field...and this is not taking something away from their talents...they are talented reguradless of age...but they were grown men playing with boys...

even when we played them in middle school...their were rumors about them being too old...

so...is this really true? can someone verify? if so, does that mean they were too old for middle school too ?

I understand what you mean about people going on about him being "just a freshman". However on the flip side; DB was 2-3 until he started playing. DB could not run with the ball until he came on the scene. Then, DB won 7 straight games because Chris allowed the passing game to open up. DB has played only 1 other freshman in 20 years and he did not play much. Chris, playing only half of the season, outgained all other rb's and was the leading scorer with 90 points. He was selected to the All-Big East Conference team and the 2007 Times-News Elite Football Team that represents NE TN and SW Virginia and the only freshman on either.

As to the DB Science Hill game the final score was 38-14 DB. I think Science Hill had the biggest most intimidating defense in the conference. DB was outsized across the board. Science Hill targeted Sensabaugh the entire game and got to him on the hand offs. However, the fact that the Topper defense played to Sensabaugh allowed other players to step in and they did. Also, DB's defense stepped it up and made big plays. Sensabaugh got hurt and continued to play acting as a decoy.

But please continue to underestimate Sensabaugh and talk it up all you want because it just motivates DB.

You're talking it up enough for everyone......all I'm saying is he's not a "freshman" we could all hold our kids back and they would be impressive.......as I said we have a couple of 15 yo sophs that will be 16 yo juniors that you will hear much about.....unfortunately their ages won't be mentioned.......should we let them play with the freshman team next year???

What I saw of Chris in the SH game he's good..........not exceptionally good yet. Will he have another growth spurt? Is he finished growing? A lot can happen in 3 years. We had an awesome running back this year and all the hype gave him a horrible senior year. Maybe you should take your own advice ( and be silent) or every team will target him and his stats will decline as they did in the SH game.

Jeremiah Bryson #22 is the kid from Smyrna. He is a phenomenal athlete. I remember watching him play at the middle school last year and it literally looked like he was playing at a completely different speed than everybody else. He hits the hole like a rocket, secures the ball well, and ALWAYS finds a way to fall forward thus gaining those few extra yards. He will be giving defensive coordinators nightmares for years.

Deon Meadows is as dominant for a freshman as anyone i have ever seen even more than Jeremiah. He is big strong fast and willcgrow some more probably.

You're talking it up enough for everyone......all I'm saying is he's not a "freshman" we could all hold our kids back and they would be impressive.......as I said we have a couple of 15 yo sophs that will be 16 yo juniors that you will hear much about.....unfortunately their ages won't be mentioned.......should we let them play with the freshman team next year???

What I saw of Chris in the SH game he's good..........not exceptionally good yet. Will he have another growth spurt? Is he finished growing? A lot can happen in 3 years. We had an awesome running back this year and all the hype gave him a horrible senior year. Maybe you should take your own advice ( and be silent) or every team will target him and his stats will decline as they did in the SH game.

To bad for you, the Mo-Ron awards don't begin until tommorrow Jan. 1. You can keep saying Chris is not a freshman all you want, but the fact is he "IS" a freshman. He will be here for "3" more years. You better get used to it. NO, you couldn't hold all your kids back and they would be impressive. Lots of kids are "older" and playing various sports including football. Most are just average or a little better than average, and some are not very good at all. You only here about the age thing if they are "very good". The Haters were all over Chris when he was playing 8th. grade and freshman ball, saying he was only good because he was 1 yr. older than the ones he was playing against. Then he is called up to varsity and right off the bat he is running over thru and around seniors older than him. I haven't heard anything from those Haters since. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You saw Chris in one game so you don't know much about him. I will tell you that right now he is "Exceptionall".

as for your running back: your head coach is what happened to him.