Riverdale "RUMOR"

Lost Old Dad

and another point i would like to bring to light (but im definately not throwing shots at you 2p just discussing conflicting opinions on things)...

yall oakland folk think us riverdale folk are crazy because of our resistance to the changes that have happened in the program (rankin leaving, etc). "if it aint broke, dont fix it." no one necessarily thinks coach A is doing anything the "wrong way," but considering the success of the previous methods, we do look back and see the past as the "better way," which is understandibly so...

us riverdale folk think that yall oakland folk are crazy because of yalls resistance to the changes. oakland appears to be more the case of "it was broke, it needed fixing." so yall bring in atleast 4 fellas from the riverdale "golden era"...appears to be a great move from all our standpoitns, we know these guys. all are winners. we would LOVE to have them back in our program, yall are getting blessed...

i am in no way a part of the few who are against coach A, but would be very content with coach Mac being head coach at riverdale.

do any oakland supporters seriously think that Mac & staff WONT accomplish more than the "lebron era?" 11 wins in 4 years, guys on this staff have been a part of teams who have put up over 11 wins in under 3 months of a season.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you go to a public school, you should not have to pay or fundraise 400 bucks to play on a football team. Think of how much money that was over the yrs....when you had over 100 players.......

now whose pockets got filled?

Riverdale usually had huge revenue......deep pocketed boosters..... usually 15 games a yr...... huge gates plus concessions.....what did they need all that money for? Players should have been playing at NO cost. Yes, you have to do a bit of fundraising through the yr, but 400 a pop? No way.....glad Coach A is abolishing this system and hope the Riverdale influx at OHS doesn't establish this greedy practice. Someone should put a stop to it in girls bball at RHS too.....

Bounder is talking about the coach at OR.

2P i dont know who or what your source is but their just as deep pockets at oakland as their is at riverdale although i dont believe they are deep as you think they are...i do know that if we didnt make it to the second round of the playoffs we dont break even so take that for what its worth and if you think 400 dollars is a lot of money then do not ask any high school baseball player what all they have to do as far as fundraisers and money for equipment

2P i dont know who or what your source is but their just as deep pockets at oakland as their is at riverdale although i dont believe they are deep as you think they are...i do know that if we didnt make it to the second round of the playoffs we dont break even so take that for what its worth and if you think 400 dollars is a lot of money then do not ask any high school baseball player what all they have to do as far as fundraisers and money for equipment

if there are players that receive financial aid or reduced meals on the football team or baseball team, do they have to pay $400 or fundraise $400?

OK, time for me to wade in on the '$400'. Of the 4 years my son played they only needed to raise $200 a year and that was done by selling 10 season tickets. Not hard to do when you counted one each for Mom and Dad and the Grandparents, Brothers and Sisters and what not. I cheated and sold some for the Son to Judges and Lawyers at work. They could definitely afford them. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Yes, they did need to raise $400 ONCE and that was the Ohio trip year. That was MUCH cheaper than the $1,000 the Fla trip would have cost and the kids would NOT have to missed the WEEK of school that trip would have entailed. For this $200 the kids got 2 pair of workout shorts and shirts, a sweat suit, and a large NIKE bag to keep their gear in. Anyone that needed cleats also got them. Son still has ALL this gear and gets kidded about how between football and ROTC that R'dale clothed him during his 4 years of High School. I am still wondering what I am gonna do with ALL the various T-shirts and the other 'stuff' I have bought over the 4 years!

This money raised also paid for RINGS that R'dale USED to win for the kids. This also came from the money made at the concession stand which the football parents worked at. Band has their own stand.

Did R'dale make alot of money off of football? Yes, but so does every school that knows how to do it right.

Bounder, as to y'alls problem about the tenure, just spotlight the problem at the right time and DO NOT let them hide the problem in the dark. If nothing else just hold out the ribs. Withdrawal will make them see reason! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

OK i tried to remain "impartial" to this thread but i can see it aint gonna happen... I can not believe that Coach A would limit the team to 60-70 players. 1st there are alot of kids that look forward to the bond that the team forms & they don't get this anywhere else to drop them off bc they can't "cut" it is not right they are looking for some guidance & its just not right.. 2nd How are you going to be able to train any rising potential players if you don't give them a chance is practice or in scrimmages?? sure having more than 120 puts an impact on the program but if you have the staff to discipline them then only the ones that REALLY want to be there for the right reasons will stay. Some good potential players have signed off for next year bc of the turmoil & lack of discipline from the staff that was not there this year so or last year.. therefore the frustration of two great football teams that had great potential to get the ball but for lack of leadership from the coaching staff hate to say it but "the ball got dropped".. 3rd If a kid wants a shot at a program give it to him!! then if he proves by is grades or inability to follow direction then you can drop him but to start off by saying we are cutting it down right off the bat is ridiculous!! 4TH what is wrong w/ keeping 100+ guys in good shape? I have been a Coach A supporter from the start but I am not supporting this!! nor am i supporting other developments he seems to be making.. BUT WARRIORS NEED TO KEEP THEIR HEADS UP!! AND PROVE THAT THEY CAN ONCE AGAIN BE A STRONG & INTIMIDATING FORCE!!!

That is part of the reason I first posted this thread. Coach A does NOT know how UNPOPULAR this move would be unless folks let him know. This is also a place to give him OUR reasons why we think it is a BAD idea. Coach A is a reasonable man and logic should convince him. Now if I could just convince him to pass more. LOL

So far the ONLY person who LIKES it someone from Blackman. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I wonder why? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

wow last2know i am surprised to see a post like that from you...i am a big supporter of RIVERDALE AND I LOVE MY WARRIORS and i always back them up but there are some things going on that i cannot back up and this is one of them...it is not uncommon for us to lose players this time of year so that doesnt surprise me but some of the particular players that have departed have surprised me..

If this is true I won't agree with it. Maryville has had great success because of their number of kids who play both sides of the ball. Maryville may have 1 or 2 kids that play both sides of the ball. Other teams they have played have played many more kids both ways.

Ron Adelott had a Hillsboro team in 2002 that was freaking loaded. Studs all over the field. Hillsboro whipped Maryville's butt all over the field for 3 quarters. But! Maryville came back and won because Hillsboro was dead tired in the 4th quarter. Hillsboro had 49 players that year. Maryville had over 85.

if there are players that receive financial aid or reduced meals on the football team or baseball team, do they have to pay $400 or fundraise $400?

you dont have to have money to work there is only time to you ask someone to buy a season pass or to (baseball)work the titnas concession stand so dont let the i dont have money routine fool you as long as you are willing ot work you can raise the money for example the basketball player can do so by getting a buisness or a person to be on the 100 board so it just a little effort

That is part of the reason I first posted this thread. Coach A does NOT know how UNPOPULAR this move would be unless folks let him know. This is also a place to give him OUR reasons why we think it is a BAD idea. Coach A is a reasonable man and logic should convince him. Now if I could just convince him to pass more. LOL

So far the ONLY person who LIKES it someone from Blackman. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I wonder why? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

better get those bi-focals out and dust them off OLD DAD... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

did not say i liked it...if you will read a little closer...just said it may not be all bad...could be some negatives and some positives...i am not going to get into the pro/con list...but their certainly could be one put together and it would sound pretty good on both sides

here is what is really funny /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...this guy wins 20 plus games in the last two years...gets 7 guys to sign with colleges...you are telling him what he should do...or you act like he does not know what he is doing...to alot of us non-riverdale folks...as we read the post...it's pretty funny and sad

just like when they tried to replace "the bear"...the next guy in line had no chance with the bama faithful...smells like the same pot of stew

i think all of this complaining is because of anxiety over next year...will you win?...will we go to the playoffs? ...will we win the region?...it's been along time since riverdale faithful have had to even ask those questions

personally...i like riverdale...they are the program to emulate ...and i loved watching my good friend's sons play over the last 4 years...no doubt...and i bet as long as Coach A is at riverdale...he ain't goin to look on coach T for his marching orders...if he was...then he would have started passing because yall have beat that one to death on here...

hope you have a good year with ALOT of players /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Of course, this could just be a rumor....let's hope so.

I'll just wait and see how things look at spring practice...if we have spring practice this year.

Any news from the weight room?

alright some news from the wieghtroom....THEY ARE NOT CUTTING PLAYERS AND THEY ARE NOT LIMITING THE PLAYERS!!!!!!as far as what they are doing it has come to my attention that they will be practiceing at 6:40 in the morning so they are starting bright and early in the morning...we have a few JRs that are stepping up and have a good chance at starting next year and they are gonna work them extrememly hard...I have heard another rumor that their is not a lot of discipline on the team...if this is true i hope it is straightened out if not true then it will go away by results

GO WARRIORS