best pitchers in tennessee

baseballmaniac

Lexington hasn't even had a scrimmage yet. When would Ryan have pitched for us? Practice against 2nd and 3rd string.

Lets clear this up. Ryan is a average baseball player. He does have above average speed. I don't know why people try to blow people up to standards that can't be achieved. Ryan is used to getting beat at JCM and is now on a solid Lexington team. This does not make him better than what he is. Good luck to everyone this year and any players on here, please take my advice. Go out and let your performance do the talking, not the words you type on coach T. I have never seen Sonny Gray or Ryan Lentz, Clayton Gant or any other above average player on here building themselves up. Those are the true good players.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets clear this up. Ryan is a average baseball player. He does have above average speed. I don't know why people try to blow people up to standards that can't be achieved. Ryan is used to getting beat at JCM and is now on a solid Lexington team. This does not make him better than what he is. Good luck to everyone this year and any players on here, please take my advice. Go out and let your performance do the talking, not the words you type on coach T. I have never seen Sonny Gray or Ryan Lentz, Clayton Gant or any other above average player on here building themselves up. Those are the true good players.

This "average baseball player" was first team all west tennessee in 2007 ? So I`m sure the rest of the first team selections wonder what you consider a "better than average player" hawksnest? I `m happy we had him come to Lexington, if I could run 4.4 ,40,,,,throw mid to upper 80`s and hit for over 500 in a season I would tell planet earth . who knows who is posting on here anyway .,,,,,,is this you Sonny Grey ?

navery moore is the best pitcher..he goes to battle ground and he has already signed with vanderbilt and he will be throwing mid 90s this year

David Isaacs is the BGA's best pitcher and has been for a number of years. The last time I spoke with the area scout he told me that Isaacs had 3 wins against teams in the national top 25. Navery Moore may have more potential based on size but at this stage of the game Isaacs is light years ahead of Moore.

We've got a solid All-State pitcher down in Bell Buckle that we're pretty proud of. MoMo Stewart of Cascade High School is expecting a big senior season and was consistently hitting 88-89 mph on the gun in Cascade's first game. He has been all-state in both football and baseball, but hasn't accepted an offer yet. MoMo is also a very good middle infielder and great hitter. He had two or three college scouts at our first game checking him out. MoMo will make somebody a heck of a pickup when he decides who he will join in college!

David Isaacs is the BGA's best pitcher and has been for a number of years. The last time I spoke with the area scout he told me that Isaacs had 3 wins against teams in the national top 25. Navery Moore may have more potential based on size but at this stage of the game Isaacs is light years ahead of Moore.

navery has signed with vanderbilt. but david isaacs is good enough to play in the sec also...he probably will in a few yearss

red bank has 4 very good pitchers. Brandon ward throws mid to upper 80's consistently and can hit spots very well, hes a lefty. Alan Walden has hit 92 this season with a nasty breaking ball. Hunter adkins hit 90 at Ringgold and blew 3 fastballs past Drew Walker who can smash. and then Cullen Clabo also throws in the upper 80's consistently and hit 90 in the summer. two of them are juniors and the other two have already signed with cleveland state.

throw out the best pitching you think to see this year in tennessee

I watched perfection in action with Bray Page of Dekalb County Wednesday night. He is throwing over 90 with pinpoint accuracy;

He is the son of former big leaguer Kelvin Page, and is well on his way to being there himself.

It'd be hard to top this kid.

Gant-USJ-throws smoke and sly like a fox, fun to watch, can make you look silly in the box, the MAN

Irvin-Bolivar-flame thrower, good control, big stick also

Overbey-USJ-one of the best sophomores around, mean swing on offense

McPherson-Lexington- supposedly throws 90 (?), great athlete, fast on feet - can he live up to all the hype?

Gage Franklin from Hardin County is just a junior and is tough and will be lights out as a senior. The change-up from this lefty is almost illegal. Nice curve and good moving fastball.