Some thoughts on the Topic

CoachT

That looks like 12 of the top 28 to me. What horse do you have in this race anyway. I think you just like to argue, because anyone who wants to, can see the advantages of the privates. Talking to you is like talking to the wall. Please explain to me how the private schools won in everything last year without having any advantages, or am I talking to a rock. What about indians post is inaccurate? You said 12 of the top 43 where privates, that's correct, but very misleading. I'll copy and paste the last 29-43 schools that you listed in your last post.

29 Copper Basin

30 Huntland

31 Whitwell

32 West Carroll

33 Coalfield

34 Jellico

35 Monterey

36 Watertown

37 Sunbright

38 Perry County

39 Lake County

40 McEwen

41 Powell Valley

42 Oakdale

43 Lookout Valley

Take a look, they're all public schools. The 12 privates you're talking about are in the top 28, like indian said. Apologize to indian, he's right. Yes they're in the top 43, but they're also in the top 28, you just failed to mention that the last 15 schools in your 43 were public. That just makes our case that much stronger. Get a grip, I'd be your lap child if you where right, but you're not. Sorry, but you can even ask your comrades, the ones who don't mind stating facts accurately, if the privates do not have an advantage over the publics. They will tell you that they do. Out of zone, work study, selective enrollment, are their anything I'm leaving out? The privates get players similar to the way colleges do, tell me volgen, am I wrong? Can you admit the truth?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey pujo...I see you can`t admit it either. I guess prejudice runs deep. All I asked was whether or not the statement was right or wrong. Don`t be so closed minded pujo.

Pujo...my friend, you don`t have to copy and paste something that I took the trouble to post my fellow public school supporter. I`d like to see some stuff of your own on here and quit just agreeing with everything someone else says. Do you have any ORIGINAL thoughts? If you do, then I have missed them and I apologize.

Pujo... I never said Indian was wrong..DUH!!! However, you can`t admit that what I said was right. That`s prejudice and bigotry. If you need the definitions to those words , I`ll be glad to copy them here for you.

LOL Indian...I knew you couldn`t admit that I was right. It`s a fact that you can`t dispute. I`ll say it again because it sounds so good. 75% of the top 43 teams in 1A are public schools. Indian..that is a correct statement and i`m laughing that you`re too biased to admit it. LOL!!!!

And you know what else? You`re the one who brought up Earl Nall`s poll in this thread.LOL!!

Indian...75% No doubt

Sure it's right, but what's the point? When you have to increase your total so much to fit your percentage, it's not very meaningful. 28 was a good number because it was nearly half. Look at the first 10 if you think 28 is not good, since the "Top 10" is usually the most highly-thought of standard.

Indian..I`ll play your game again. Let`s take that magical number 28. Less than half of those are private schools, but for arguments sake let`s just say it is half. OK? Then we`ll just call it even at that point. even though there are more public schools involved. Then with the exception of a few private schools that aren`t good, the rest of the public schools are bad as well. Are you saying that those public schools just can`t compete? Should these schools drop out of 1A and form a 0A? I surmise that you are saying all those publics below the 28 point stink and the 16 or so others are able to compete with the rest of the teams in 1A.

One more thing, I thought this one was obvious, too, but maybe it's not. How could the private schools match the percentage of 75 when speaking of so many teams? 12 of the private schools were factored in by the first 28 of the total. The more you distance the second number from 28 (where the 12th of the competitive teams was figured in), the lower the percentage will go for privates and the higher it will go for publics. If you keep raising it, the percentage will eventually equal the approximate 25 percent. Sure, there are four bad private teams at the rear, but 75 percent (a percentage you were proud of) are at least the competitive level according to this data. Believe it or not general, I do know some things about statistics and figures, some of them at a pretty complex level, though I'm not going to do like some on the board and toss out names of universities and degrees obtained. That's pretty tacky.

[Edited by Indian on 6/26/02 10:36P]

Private schools won the state championship in football, boys basketball, girls basketball, baseball, I am not sure about the girls softball, butI think they won that one to. At any rate that is 100% (or close to it if they didn't win softball), or we'll say 80% if they didn't. Hey, I can figure! Is that easy enough for you to understand, or shall we debate this to? What would your calculations be on this? All I'm worried about anyway is the top 10 teams at the very most, I don't care who was 43 or 28 or whatever, it doesn't matter. Of the top 10, what's the percentage of private schools in it, I believe it's about 50%. In the most accurate ratings, the top three teams was private. Come back.

Ya'll (now there is a good southern word) can use these numbers all day but I don't know where you are heading with this.

Using the Prep Perf Ratings from last year: You could say that the top 3 teams (100%) are private, 5 of the first 10 (50%) are private, 9 of the first 16 (56%) are private which also means that 56% of all the private schools in Class A are in the top 16 teams. As earlier stated, 27.6% of the schools in Class A are private. All of the above is true.

I guess you could also say that 50% of the bottom two teams are private, also. Looks impressive until yourealize it doesn't mean anything.

What this is boiling down to is whether there should be a change at all in the private-public classifications. I don't think any of you are going to change your mind about how you feel. Therefore, trying to come up with a solution, which would require both sides to be involved, isn't going to happen.

The only way to carry on with this is to work in an IF there was a split THEN how should it be handled.

[Edited by coacht on 6/26/02 11:14P]