4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

I will sixth that Elrod is as good as they come and he must love the game and these young men to keep rolling along making the impact he has on everyone he has touched in his life time! Its great to see a great coach like Elrod to coach in this day and age! Besides a persons age doesn't matter after all its just a number and as long as your good at it who cares how long he's been around! Keep on rolling Coach Elrod!

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Region 4-5A predictions

1.lebanon

2.Smyrna

3.Oakland

4.Riverdale

5.Wilson central

6.LaVernge

7.Siegal

8.Blackman

1.Lebanon on top because smyrna 's Hiree of Coach williams from Blackman.But besides that returns one of the

Best Skilled team this year.

2.Smyrna number two Just because of the hire,but Smyrna returns all 9 starters on defense and 3 starters on offense.and the upcoming talent is just tremendous.

3.Oakland Has that class to be a top region contender this year.Even tho they dont return as many starters this year

they still have Sam Bass and Presious Valentine ..Oh and a new coach in McDaniels.

4. Riverdale Is four because they lose alot of Good lineman.There still big up front But something in them is lacking

Maybe the leadership or the Can't get a win in the playoffs..they've slowly decline each year in the playoffs

quaterfinal loss in 06 to Smyrna,Eventual State Champ, Second round loss to Wilson central. What next this year?

5.Wilson central at fifth because they two also lose a lot of Players...not many return.But i wouldnt count them out of the playoff race...and the morale ..will eventually go down since Coach Aric opted to throw his hat in the Smyrna head coaching job.

6.Lavernge is at sixth beacuse they lose one of the best class of athlete's i ve seen on one team.The team has to find new receivers and a runninback oh some lineman...D lineman...linebackers...And some DB's...But mAtt crocker can Lead this team if he Really wants too.

7.Even tho siegal poses that threat to become a top reigon team,they still lack leadership Hayes is there Offense and defense and Chuckie has to be a force or this team will be in the predicted spot...The stars have to also find a general to lead the troops....Even tho siegal was second a way from being in there first playoff game....they have to play the same way.

8.Blackman last place, Yes yes i know they return most of there defense oh and a little offense , but do you really think blackman can ...hang with anyone in the region..Deshawn Smith has to gain weight and Dejuan brow has to Keep away from injuries....but stepen collins and Shane beaselymight be the ones to up rises a program that's in need of a uplift....maybe jeremy mimms can come back and teach Justin bowers to run the ball right...Speaking of justin bowers Maybe he can be the QB this year for the team.....or Tyrek collier...whoever Coach wells has to become more of a coach and not a friend.......

You made some great reflections about the region. Just a couple of things that I want to throw in. ( Thanks BTW for giving OHS some respect!)

I think Wilson Central will come in lower if Elrod is not back to call the offense. I think you are right on the money about morale being down b/c Aric applied at Smyrna.

I think Lebanon's lack of depth will hurt them, and the fact that Coach Brown has applied for several jobs and seems to want out of there.

I think Blackman is going to be far behind everyone else b/c of losing his two coordinators right before spring. Bet he is scrambling to find a staff. Who knows he may lose more.

I am wondering if Smyrna can unite under the new leadership. Will more coaches leave b/c of being upset about being passed over?

OHS has more than Bass and Valentine. Remember this name.....ANTHONY AMEY. He is a stud.....and so is Derek Barrett. Mathew Schaller will only get better and better.

Riverdale ........don't blame it on Coach A. Riverdale is not actively recruiting anymore and it shows. They are no longer immortal anymore and that is why Rankin left. He saw the writing on the wall.

Siegel........who knows?? Who is calling their D?

My Region 4-5A predictions

1.lebanon

2.Smyrna

3.Oakland

4.Riverdale

5.Wilson central

6.LaVernge

7.Siegal

8.Blackman

1.Lebanon on top because smyrna 's Hiree of Coach williams from Blackman.But besides that returns one of the

Best Skilled team this year.

2.Smyrna number two Just because of the hire,but Smyrna returns all 9 starters on defense and 3 starters on offense.and the upcoming talent is just tremendous.

3.Oakland Has that class to be a top region contender this year.Even tho they dont return as many starters this year

they still have Sam Bass and Presious Valentine ..Oh and a new coach in McDaniels.

4. Riverdale Is four because they lose alot of Good lineman.There still big up front But something in them is lacking

Maybe the leadership or the Can't get a win in the playoffs..they've slowly decline each year in the playoffs

quaterfinal loss in 06 to Smyrna,Eventual State Champ, Second round loss to Wilson central. What next this year?

5.Wilson central at fifth because they two also lose a lot of Players...not many return.But i wouldnt count them out of the playoff race...and the morale ..will eventually go down since Coach Aric opted to throw his hat in the Smyrna head coaching job.

6.Lavernge is at sixth beacuse they lose one of the best class of athlete's i ve seen on one team.The team has to find new receivers and a runninback oh some lineman...D lineman...linebackers...And some DB's...But mAtt crocker can Lead this team if he Really wants too.

7.Even tho siegal poses that threat to become a top reigon team,they still lack leadership Hayes is there Offense and defense and Chuckie has to be a force or this team will be in the predicted spot...The stars have to also find a general to lead the troops....Even tho siegal was second a way from being in there first playoff game....they have to play the same way.

8.Blackman last place, Yes yes i know they return most of there defense oh and a little offense , but do you really think blackman can ...hang with anyone in the region..Deshawn Smith has to gain weight and Dejuan brow has to Keep away from injuries....but stepen collins and Shane beaselymight be the ones to up rises a program that's in need of a uplift....maybe jeremy mimms can come back and teach Justin bowers to run the ball right...Speaking of justin bowers Maybe he can be the QB this year for the team.....or Tyrek collier...whoever Coach wells has to become more of a coach and not a friend.......

this may be the worst prediction i have see for region 4-5A. to pick blackman last is not what most of the region coaches would say or do. blackman has a bad past, but were much imporved last year and were very dangerous. They have a wealth of talent returning. Justin Bowers/ Shane Beasely and Deshawn Smith are as good as 3 back combo in the region and bowers and beasely are great defensive players as well. Bowers is getting recruited by a number of Division I schools, he has and will punish people. their defense should be incredible with 9 starters returning, including two time defensive team MVP, josh patton. At 6'2" and 210lbs, and first team all region as a junior with 129 tackles, he will dominate the linebacker position in the region. he to is getting recruited by at least a dozen division I schools such as wake forest, duke, louisville, navy, etc. Look for Patton to be Defensive player of the year in Region 5 if he stays healthy. juniors Brown, david lee, Collins, collier and super sophomores Jess Patton (6' 2"-190lbs) and L. J. Joyce(6'1" 210)-and both can run like the wind- will bring the heat on Defense. this defense is big and fast, it was good last year and will be great this year.

Deshawn smith has gained weight and he WILL have a break out year, bank on it. He is that good.

Brown is 6'5", 240lb and is a pure athlete. D-I schools will be all over this guy.

Collins will come into his own this year and dominate. He can run and is the strongest guy on the team.

Just too much talent to be last place. Say what you want about Wells, but he is a good man and he knows the game. He has had to take it on the chin the past several years because of not much talent or young talent. This year he will get to see his team dish it out.

if blackman finds a quaterback that can run the offense, they may even win the region. i have heard several coaches at others schools say the same. my prediction is that they will be 2nd or 3rd, behind the bulldogs.

this region will have a lot of parity this year,but not so much where blackman is last place. you can bet on it.

Wells will make good hires with the DC and OC and he did lose two very good coaches, especially Matt Williams. The bulldogs got a great young coach who will make an impact on a already talented team.

this prediction is so out of line with reality, it makes me LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

this may be the worst prediction i have see for region 4-5A. to pick blackman last is not what most of the region coaches would say or do. blackman has a bad past, but were much imporved last year and were very dangerous. They have a wealth of talent returning. Justin Bowers/ Shane Beasely and Deshawn Smith are as good as 3 back combo in the region and bowers and beasely are great defensive players as well. Bowers is getting recruited by a number of Division I schools, he has and will punish people. their defense should be incredible with 9 starters returning, including two time defensive team MVP, josh patton. At 6'2" and 210lbs, and first team all region as a junior with 129 tackles, he will dominate the linebacker position in the region. he to is getting recruited by at least a dozen division I schools such as wake forest, duke, louisville, navy, etc. Look for Patton to be Defensive player of the year in Region 5 if he stays healthy. juniors Brown, david lee, Collins, collier and super sophomores Jess Patton (6' 2"-190lbs) and L. J. Joyce(6'1" 210)-and both can run like the wind- will bring the heat on Defense. this defense is big and fast, it was good last year and will be great this year.

Deshawn smith has gained weight and he WILL have a break out year, bank on it. He is that good.

Brown is 6'5", 240lb and is a pure athlete. D-I schools will be all over this guy.

Collins will come into his own this year and dominate. He can run and is the strongest guy on the team.

Just too much talent to be last place. Say what you want about Wells, but he is a good man and he knows the game. He has had to take it on the chin the past several years because of not much talent or young talent. This year he will get to see his team dish it out.

if blackman finds a quaterback that can run the offense, they may even win the region. i have heard several coaches at others schools say the same. my prediction is that they will be 2nd or 3rd, behind the bulldogs.

this region will have a lot of parity this year,but not so much where blackman is last place. you can bet on it.

Wells will make good hires with the DC and OC and he did lose two very good coaches, especially Matt Williams. The bulldogs got a great young coach who will make an impact on a already talented team.

this prediction is so out of line with reality, it makes me LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't know about the linebacker dominating the region. There is a Rottero kid that is pretty good as well.

Not much is being said at Kit-KAt central /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> They lost their studs, but as long as Elrod is there-they'll be better than O.K.--Kit-Kat central would never be where they are today without him--Alexander and Aric are both over-rated /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Fork'em HHHIIGGGHHH and Fork'em LLLOOOWWWl

I don't know about the linebacker dominating the region. There is a Rottero kid that is pretty good as well.

i agree 100%. Rottero is very good and had a similar number of tackles as the Patton kid.

i was in no way trying to take away from Rottero, I was only trying to say that Blackman has too much talent to be last place and then trying to give evidence of that by giving a few names and what they bring to the table. And what the patton kid and bowers kid bring to the table is they will both get a chance to play at the next level.

Let me say it better and maybe more accurately, Patton and Rottero will be the best two linebackers in the region because they have it all (speed, lateral speed, size, instincts, smart, etc) and both of them will be in the running for Defensive player of the year award if they stay healthy. Rottero's height (5'10") might not give him as many of opportunities to play at the next level, but that certainly does not diminish one bit his impact on region 4-5A football.

Good observation on your part. Thanks!

i agree 100%. Rottero is very good and had a similar number of tackles as the Patton kid.

i was in no way trying to take away from Rottero, I was only trying to say that Blackman has too much talent to be last place and then trying to give evidence of that by giving a few names and what they bring to the table. And what the patton kid and bowers kid bring to the table is they will both get a chance to play at the next level.

Let me say it better and maybe more accurately, Patton and Rottero will be the best two linebackers in the region because they have it all (speed, lateral speed, size, instincts, smart, etc) and both of them will be in the running for Defensive player of the year award if they stay healthy. Rottero's height (5'10") might not give him as many of opportunities to play at the next level, but that certainly does not diminish one bit his impact on region 4-5A football.

Good observation on your part. Thanks!

smyrna will have the best linebacker in the Region.

smyrna will have the best linebacker in the Region.

next year and the next, you are probably right. Meadows is a great athlete, no doubt, but i watched him play last year and he still needs to learn to play the position and i am convinced he will. He has a higher upside than Patton or Rottero because of his freakish athletic ability and because he will have two more years after this year, but i will say again, he has alot to learn to be a better linebacker, at this time, than these other two guys. Right now he is GREAT at running down plays that are outside, but needs alot of work when plays are run right at him. He has to learn to take on blocks, shed them and then make the play on the inside within a couple of yards of the line of scrimmage, not dance, back up and make the play 5-7 yards down field. Again, this is when the play is up the middle.

this year, Rottero and Patton (as seniors) will be the best linebackers in the Region hands down. They already were last year, both first team all region and will be again this year.

dont leave out sam bass @ ohs

he was in the top in the midstate last yr

go the www.dnj.com and click on highschool sports. on the right side click on tackling leaders for the midstate.

Patton-123 tackles. Patton tied for 7th place in the midstate

Rottero-117 tackles. Rottero 8th place in the midstate.

Bass-97 tackles. Bass was 18th place in the midstate.

definitly Bass should be in the mix!

go the www.dnj.com and click on highschool sports. on the right side click on tackling leaders for the midstate.

Patton-123 tackles. Patton tied for 7th place in the midstate

Rottero-117 tackles. Rottero 8th place in the midstate.

Bass-97 tackles. Bass was 18th place in the midstate.

definitly Bass should be in the mix!

Great points but understand we are talking about a freshman who started on the best team in the state against the toughest region in the state. Legit 4.5 as a freshman. Lets just see how it all plays out. These other 3 are excellent backers as is Garner from Smyrna.