4-5A Early Predictions

thtruth

a RIVERDALE coach told me it was at RIVERDALE

Seems like it would be very difficult to scrimmage at Franklin and then get back for graduation. Scrimmaging at Riverdale seems more doable.

Most teams are having two spring scrimmages...are we having only one?

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who in the region is currently in spring practice? Have there been any scrimmages? Results or comparisons??

I know over here in Wilson that MJ has scrimmaged Greenbriar...............how did it go?

I think Lebanon went with Beech............thtruth....any results there?

Oakland is practicing..............have they scrimmaged anyone?

ditto on Riverdale and siegel!!

I am pretty sure that my "GladeKitties" start this week

samiam

Central does start today, with a scrimmage this Friday with Independance and the next Friday with I think Henry County.

anyone have any news about scrimmages?

Who in the region is currently in spring practice? Have there been any scrimmages? Results or comparisons??

I know over here in Wilson that MJ has scrimmaged Greenbriar...............how did it go?

I think Lebanon went with Beech............thtruth....any results there?

Oakland is practicing..............have they scrimmaged anyone?

ditto on Riverdale and siegel!!

I am pretty sure that my "GladeKitties" start this week

samiam

Negatives each team must overcome (in alphabetical order)

1.) Blackman-Loss of coordinators; good hires will solve this quickly

2.) Lavergne-Heavy losses; this was a very good team in 07; that had untimely injuries

3.) Lebanon-May have depth problem due to thin classes behind Seniors; tough opener /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

4.) Oakland-Coaching change plus needs some early confidence; can get it in first game /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

5.) Riverdale-Heavy losses, but they still have not lost region game in over 10 years

6.) Siegel-The annual mystery team; must get over the hump!............tough opener /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

7.) Smyrna-Coaching change plus loss of (2) great skill players, but ..............

8.) Wilson Central- Loss of key skill players; will be hard for them to replace

KEY OPENERS

1.) Smyrna-siegel

2.) Oakland-Riverdale

3.) Smyrna-Lebanon

Smyrna really looks to be the favorite.....................rest is a youpickit!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Should be a competitive region

Smyrna

Riverdale

Lebanon

Siegel

Lavergne

WC

Blackman.

Actually after Smyrna and Riverdale the region is a tossup.

Smyrna

Riverdale

Lebanon

Siegel

Lavergne

WC

Blackman.

Actually after Smyrna and Riverdale the region is a tossup.

I know Oakland has been done in recent years, but so bad were not even listed? Man, maybe we should just kill off the football program /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I know Oakland has been done in recent years, but so bad were not even listed? Man, maybe we should just kill off the football program /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Welcome to the Rodney Dangefield section of Region 4-5A; it looks as we have competition as to who will fight off the bottom. I said last year that WC would not be the bottom team!!

Here is a 2008 early alert; I think we will be competitive!!

samiam

My Bad. And predictions dont matter. This league really is wide open.

My Bad. And predictions dont matter. This league really is wide open.

Going to be alot of exciting games in 4-5A this year and I can't wait to get week 0 started! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

How would Smyrna compare to Maryville, Brentwood, and MBA next season? Is there a consensus top team (irrespective of class) already for 08? Also, if anyone knows where I can see film on Bryson, please post a link. Have heard nothing but good things.

Admitting up front that I am prejudiced, I think the best film would be from the regular season game with R'dale where he was stopped cold. Bryson is a very good back, but he CAN be stopped. To see what he can do if not stopped you might want to get the film of what he did against BA. Smyrna did have some vids of him on their website though.

Going to be interesting to see if Bryson bulked up any over the winter.

As for the 'top team' in 08, I think it is still way too early for ANY team in the state to claim that spot.