Dyer County Vs. CPA

1brutalchoctaw

With 13.9 seconds CPA hits 2 free throws to go up by 4. Dyer County inbounds the ball pick it up near the half court line, dribble to the corner, passes, dribbles to the top of the key. At this point no time has expired since the free throws. The ref calls time out and then instead of correcting the error and going back to the CPA end of the court, the refs give DC the ball on their own end of the floor. At this point there should be about 5 seconds left in the game, but DC gets the ball with 13.9 seconds to go. DC scores a 3 with and the clock stops at 3.9 seconds. The DC coach argues that there should be 7 seconds left and the ref adds 3.1 seconds back to the clock. CPA inbounds the ball and is fouled. CPA hits the first free throw and misses the second with 4.6 seconds. DC dribbles down the court and launches a last second shot with a foot clearly well within the arc. The refs give them 3 and sprint off the court and DC wins.

Thanks, that is exactly what happened. Missed judgement calls are part of the game with high school refs and you can't change a judgement call. But when the clock doesn't start twice, the refs have the right to call timeout and make the correction. They didn't correct it the first time, then corrected it wrongly the 2nd time (when the game should have already been over).

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, that is exactly what happened. Missed judgement calls are part of the game with high school refs and you can't change a judgement call. But when the clock doesn't start twice, the refs have the right to call timeout and make the correction. They didn't correct it the first time, then corrected it wrongly the 2nd time (when the game should have already been over).

Ok... I got 2 questions for you!!

1) What is the end result of the game?

2) Is there anything you can do about it?

Give me a break!! Are you saying that if you had lost by 1 due to 2 breakdowns by the clock operator in the last 14 seconds, you would not be posting on this thread after you have made about 100 posts in the last 3 days?

Congratulations to Dyer County for hitting clutch threes and winning, I hope you take it all. If CPA hits it's free throws, nothing else would matter and CPA would be playing on. I also don't understand why Maddux did not have rebounders in on the missed free throw with 4.6 seconds to go. The miss was long and Mason could have rebounded it, if he had been in the lane. It is a shame that the game was marred by a bad clock operator and bad refs who did not correct the clock error and who improperly gave DC a three when it should have been a two. Overtime would have been very interesting.

BEST WORDS OF THE NIGHT..HAPPENS ALL THE TIME..IVE SEEN SO MANY BAD CALLS AT STATE IS ONLY REASON I DONT GO ANYMORE,..

REFS WERE IN "SHOCK" AFTER HELPING CPA THRUOUT THE GAME AND DC COULDNT COME BACK BUT...

THE "CARDIAC" KIDS DID !!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CHOCTAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What makes me upset about this is that TSSAA or the officials will never comment or apologize for their lack of professionalism in officiating this game. Neither team deserved this cloud to be around the game. Once again refs are the most protected people in sports. No matter what they call, they will never have to get in front of a camera and explain why they called what they did. Someone needs to call that channel 2 guy that does the segment THATS MESSED UP and have him do a segment on the game. Maybe that will give the TSSAA a wake up call. Cause tonight was messed up.

THE OFFICIATING TONIGHT WAS ABSOLTULY NACCEPTABLE!!!! THEY ADDED TIME ONTO A PLAY WHERE THE CLOCK STARTED 5 SCONDS LATE!!!! CPA WON TONIGHT AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT EVEN DC!!!!!!!!! TSSAA IS soooooo biased agasinst private schools!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SHOULDVE SEEN THE REFS SMILING AS THEY WALKED OFF THE COURT TONIGHT!!!! CONGRATS ON A GREAT SEASON CPA! DC KNOWS THE ONLY WAY THEY WON WAS BECAUSE THEY CHEATED. WITH FAIR REFS THERE IS NO WAY ON EARTH THAT DC WOULDVE WON.

I agree with beavo5, cpa fans argue about clock work all night, but hey its over and done with. All year long the ref's have been on dc's back. everytime the choctaws have a close game the ref's seem to show favor to the opposing team, just like tonight, cpa walked a tremendous amount of time and it never got called, so i dont wanna hear it about clock work. DC advances end of story. Save the drama for your momma

Congratulations to Dyer County for hitting clutch threes and winning, I hope you take it all. If CPA hits it's free throws, nothing else would matter and CPA would be playing on. I also don't understand why Maddux did not have rebounders in on the missed free throw with 4.6 seconds to go. The miss was long and Mason could have rebounded it, if he had been in the lane. It is a shame that the game was marred by a bad clock operator and bad refs who did not correct the clock error and who improperly gave DC a three when it should have been a two. Overtime would have been very interesting.

THANKS FOR YOUR INSIGHT ON CPA COACH DECISION ON NO REBOUNDERS ON FREE THROWS ..ID SAY HIS CALL WAS WORSE OF THE GAME AND IT COST CPA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a break!! Are you saying that if you had lost by 1 due to 2 breakdowns by the clock operator in the last 14 seconds, you would not be posting on this thread after you have made about 100 posts in the last 3 days?

I would say congrats to CPA and i would say 1 heck of a run to our boys, but I'm not in that situation yet so GIVE IT A BREAK CPA LOST! PLAIN AND SIMPLE! ACCEPT IT!!!

THE OFFICIATING TONIGHT WAS ABSOLTULY NACCEPTABLE!!!! THEY ADDED TIME ONTO A PLAY WHERE THE CLOCK STARTED 5 SCONDS LATE!!!! CPA WON TONIGHT AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT EVEN DC!!!!!!!!! TSSAA IS soooooo biased agasinst private schools!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SHOULDVE SEEN THE REFS SMILING AS THEY WALKED OFF THE COURT TONIGHT!!!! CONGRATS ON A GREAT SEASON CPA! DC KNOWS THE ONLY WAY THEY WON WAS BECAUSE THEY CHEATED. WITH FAIR REFS THERE IS NO WAY ON EARTH THAT DC WOULDVE WON.

You can't say DC cheated!!! You can say the refs cheated you and the clock worker cheated you, but you can't say the DC players cheated you!!! They played just as hard!!!