Someone please post Temple/Union City Updates!

RobertPaulson

yea, but Union City won't have another game were they are 2-25 from 3's either. If they shoot just 30 % they win by 20 today. Not a big UC fan, but look at both sides of the story. They both played terrible and the better team won. I would be more worried if I were a Single A team because chances are they won't have another shooting game like today. I look forward to seeing them and Manassas play and getting all this BS talk behind us. Should be a great game.

I agree with you...UC will not shoot 2-25 again from 3...it seemed like they were forcing 3's in the 2nd half...but UC is a 3 point shooting team and they will take 25-30 3's per game...that's what they rely on, their quickness down the floor after a basket, pressure D, and shooting the 3...I see UC bouncing back Friday and having a great game against either Moore Co or Eagleville...good luck UC! represent District 14!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look...this stuff isn't as complicated and as people make it out to be. I wasn't at the game but just from looking at the stats it seems Temples coach says..look guys we are not going to get beat by the three because he knows how many threes UC launches each game..thus you give up two points instead of three....guard the three like it's the last game of your life and on offense get the ball to Sexton and see what happens...good game plan. If UC makes the same effort to stop Sexton it might have been a much wider margin..who knows. But at least give Temple and the coaching staff credit....Most people on this board were more or less saying Temple would get blown out of the gym.....Like I said either UC got outcoached or Temple was better than people gave them credit. It's not rocket science...Temples coach has been there before so he know how to put a game plan togethere. What UC needs to do is put this game behind them, come out next game, play harder, and realize this is the State and nothing is a given..same goes for Manassas if they are pushed to the limit today...althought I don't see that happening.

Manassas has the advantage of pounding the ball inside to a big man. He will get close shots. The arena is not a shooters gym. It doesn't have the typical backgound most HS gyms have. Also the college court (94 ft) tends to make legs a little weary come 4th quarter. If UC gets to Sat. that will be 3 games in 4 days on 94 ft. Not good for a team depending on 3's...................but it didn't stop them last yr. I like manassas chances with a big man and no one to stop him on UC.

Look...this stuff isn't as complicated and as people make it out to be. I wasn't at the game but just from looking at the stats it seems Temples coach says..look guys we are not going to get beat by the three because he knows how many threes UC launches each game..thus you give up two points instead of three....guard the three like it's the last game of your life and on offense get the ball to Sexton and see what happens...good game plan. If UC makes the same effort to stop Sexton it might have been a much wider margin..who knows. But at least give Temple and the coaching staff credit....Most people on this board were more or less saying Temple would get blown out of the gym.....Like I said either UC got outcoached or Temple was better than people gave them credit. It's not rocket science...Temples coach has been there before so he know how to put a game plan togethere. What UC needs to do is put this game behind them, come out next game, play harder, and realize this is the State and nothing is a given..same goes for Manassas if they are pushed to the limit today...althought I don't see that happening.

UC won state with Sisco as coach in '05-'06 season...so I'm sure he's been there before...I will give temple credit for playing UC close...but once again...I don't see UC playing like they did during this game

UC won state with Sisco as coach in '05-'06 season...so I'm sure he's been there before...I will give temple credit for playing UC close...but once again...I don't see UC playing like they did during this game

I know that I watched the chamopinship game on TV...Beleive it was against Grace or something like that...Grace had the 6'8 to 6'10 kid (dependeing on who you beleive) at the time.Think his name is Carter McMaster or something like that, he is a senior this season and will beplaying for Liberty (d1 school) next season. The kid from UC..Xavier Robinson (is that his name) eat McMaster alive...Robinson was 6'1 I think. Was the year Weddle won all the awards..Right......All i'm saying is that it looks like Sisco got outcoached, this happens all the time to good coaches. Could be just the opposite next game ....who knows. All I know is that most were calling for Temple to get their brains kicked in and it didn't happen. UC wins and advances because they won.....play smarter and harder next game and good chance they will advance...It's that simple.

I think you nailed it.....except for the part about the temple coach being there before...this is his first head coaching job ever, and his first year, that being said- he should be praised even more for his preparation...

yea, but Union City won't have another game were they are 2-25 from 3's either. If they shoot just 30 % they win by 20 today. Not a big UC fan, but look at both sides of the story. They both played terrible and the better team won. I would be more worried if I were a Single A team because chances are they won't have another shooting game like today. I look forward to seeing them and Manassas play and getting all this BS talk behind us. Should be a great game.

You hit the Nail on the head..UC had a very bad game shooting from beyond the arc..Spacious Murphy Center causes this to teams with goals hanging from celing..

GO UC !!! GIT-R-DONE

Manassas has the advantage of pounding the ball inside to a big man. He will get close shots. The arena is not a shooters gym. It doesn't have the typical backgound most HS gyms have. Also the college court (94 ft) tends to make legs a little weary come 4th quarter. If UC gets to Sat. that will be 3 games in 4 days on 94 ft. Not good for a team depending on 3's...................but it didn't stop them last yr. I like manassas chances with a big man and no one to stop him on UC.

Not a shooters gym!!!!! Tell that to Ms Amber Holt!!!!! She led the nation in scoring for MTSU!!!!!

Good grief! What a collection of "experts"! Several people analyzing the UC-Temple game WITHOUT HAVING SEEN IT--AND ADMITTING THAT. One person didn't know that high school courts are now the size of college courts; another thought the Temple coach outcoached UC because of his state tournament experience, when it was his first year to coach and his first state tournament game. Someone else figured that Temple challenged all the UC shooters' 3-point efforts and conceded the inside game. Someone else had predicted that UC would wear down Temple by playing all those 10 players who could start for...who was it? Any other team in West Tennessee? Most teams in Tennessee? Most teams in the SEC? In point of fact, from the first quarter on, Temple outscored UC and Temple's bench scored as many points as did UC's. Another person wrote the foul calls were so lopsided, with the officials favoring Temple, when the actual results were 17 fouls called on UC and 14 on Temple.

Give some people a username, an avatar, and a keyboard and they become experts on everything

Whether they witnessed it or not is beside the point.

Good grief! What a collection of "experts"! Several people analyzing the UC-Temple game WITHOUT HAVING SEEN IT--AND ADMITTING THAT. One person didn't know that high school courts are now the size of college courts; another thought the Temple coach outcoached UC because of his state tournament experience, when it was his first year to coach and his first state tournament game. Someone else figured that Temple challenged all the UC shooters' 3-point efforts and conceded the inside game. Someone else had predicted that UC would wear down Temple by playing all those 10 players who could start for...who was it? Any other team in West Tennessee? Most teams in Tennessee? Most teams in the SEC? In point of fact, from the first quarter on, Temple outscored UC and Temple's bench scored as many points as did UC's. Another person wrote the foul calls were so lopsided, with the officials favoring Temple, when the actual results were 17 fouls called on UC and 14 on Temple.

Give some people a username, an avatar, and a keyboard and they become experts on everything

Whether they witnessed it or not is beside the point.

now that's funny