Dyer County vs Fulton

Icy

Good Evening folks... WOW WOW WOW WOW that's what you can say about this game. Yes there were a lot of questionable calls on both sides of the ball. Yes, it look like a football game at times and a basketball game at the other... But what a game.. The Kid from DC I think #24 (I think that's the Blake kid) wow, he has a jumper who reminded me of Chris Lofton. I hope Bruce sign that kid.. Wow, he hit some shots I didn't think would go in but it did.

So far the statement the Fulton player told me after the region championship game, is holding up. Here it is again; "this is our year"

I wish the Falcons the best of luck tomorrow against Memphis Mitchell. This was a fairly good birthday present however I wish my boys(AE) was playing. It could've been an all East Tennessee Final tomorrow. Wow, wouldn't that be something..

But once again to Fulton High School; The Best of Luck tomorrow bring that GOLD BALL back to East Tennessee. Also, be the 1st Fulton High School team to win a gold ball...

For KW(RIP, I miss you) GO FALCONS!!!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATS DC ON A GREAT SEASON! YA MADE US PROUD!!!!!!!!!

ILL DITTO THAT..DC PLAYED AS HARD AS EVER, SHOTS WOULDNT FALL, FREE THROWS KILLED US.

CONGRATS TO FULTON ON A GREAT WIN....EXCELLANT FREE THOW CLINIC...

ALWAYS ANOTHER DAY GUYS ..TO DC SENIORS KEEP YOU HEADS UP AND MAKE US PROUD IN YOUR COLLEGE EXPERIENCES..

ITS GREAT TO BE A CHOCTAW FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

According to the TSSAA website, Dyer County last won a state championship in football 35 years ago in single A. Until you win one, don't bring football into the conversation because you are talking about a AAA dynasty in Fulton. They have won more state championships in football in the last 5 years than your school has in it's history. It would be more than a 20 point defecit, but in favor of the Falcons.

Come on now, lets not talk football because honestly Fulton does have their swag right now it that sport but they're beatable... GO AE.. LOL

Come on now, lets not talk football because honestly Fulton does have their swag right now it that sport but they're beatable... GO AE.. LOL

Turtle,

I'll cheer for the Roadrunners in both football and basketball, just not when they are playing the Falcons. Fulton and AE are bitter rivals, but the thing I love about this rivalry is the mutual respect the kids, coaches, and fans have. I have seen alot of rilvaries where this isn't the case.

According to the TSSAA website, Dyer County last won a state championship in football 35 years ago in single A. Until you win one, don't bring football into the conversation because you are talking about a AAA dynasty in Fulton. They have won more state championships in football in the last 5 years than your school has in it's history. It would be more than a 20 point defecit, but in favor of the Falcons.

You are ABSOLUTELY correct (about the 35 years) ! I was fortunate enough to have payed a small part in winning that "Gold Ball" way back in 1973 ! As for how many Fulton has won in the last five years well it definitely speaks highly of their program. But there are many who have NEVER even "smelled" a "Gold Ball" even if ours was won back in the "Dark Ages" ......... Same State .............. Same goal for ALL teams.

D.C Football (sub .500 in '06) Region Champs in '07, Round 1 winners 10-2 (6-0)

D.C. Baseball team went to the "Borro last year too (AND lookin' to go again I'm sure) !

Girls Cross Country went to the "Borro"

NOW BACK TO BASKETBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!

As for The Choctaws Basketball team I for one have a very positive attitude about the future & NOTHING BUT PRAISE FOR THIS YEARS "FAST & FURIOUS" . Lots of young men with playing time returning next year (thanks to the leadership & points put on the board by a FINE group of Seniors that will be missed). Beyond that there are some kids coming out of Middle Schools in the county that will provide a "reload" .......... rather than rebuild situation @ DCHS ! Gonna be fun ! C.J. 's comin back !!! Think he got any attention today !!!!!!!!!! WOW ! What a performance ! I KNOW his family is proud of his effort ! Not to mention the D.C. fans, team & Coach McCord. I've already said my "Senior Thing" ................. BUT GUYS ....THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES ! Beleive me though you fell short of your ultimate goal, you WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN ! Set your goals high in your future pursuits whether they include basketball @ the next level OR NOT ! Get that education ! As a former Choctaw (but never a B'Baller) you guys have given me a ton of enjoyment just bein able to watch the "FAST & FURIOUS" ............... FEARLESS ................ NEVER SAY DIE ................ "CARDIAC KIDS" !

GOOOOOO CHOCTAWS !!!!!!!!!!!!

After the "Sting goes away" & the reality of the accomplishments settles in ALL WILL BE FINE !

"LIFE IS GOOD IN THE CHOCTAW NATION"

It was a hard fought game and it ashame that someone haded to lose. When it came down to the end Fulton showed that they what the best condition team today. And for the real basketball fan freethrow is the key to winning tight games.

WHAT? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

All I can say about this game is wow. Both of these teams are "great" That speaks a lot for CPA as well as they played DC down to the wire as well. I pulled the sit on DC side in the first half, then moved to Fulton in the 2nd half. DC def. had the fan advantage. It was a track meet on the floor today. You would of thought both of those teams would of been tired as anything in the 2nd overtime, but both teams had a lot of heart and never quit at all. Sad one of those teams had to lose. Congrats DC on a great season. #14 played out of his mind today and was a big time vocal leader trying to get his guys in it. Minor on Fulton is a beast on the boards. Fulton good luck tomorrow. I pulling for ya. Bring the ball back to the east.

I wasn't lucky enough to get to go to this game but I was listening and it sounded like CJ was the one who wanted to get to the finals more than anything.... 3 after 3 and shot after shot it was really all the radio was saying about CJ ....The same goes for the senior Dejaun

For the most part for all of the DC seniors keep your heads up you all played great through out the tournement... Hopefully you ally will have great success in college

Congrats to DC on a great season......Cheers to Fulton's team and coaching staff.....Jeers to about 25 to 30 of Fultons fans...If anyone was out in the smoking section after the game you will know what I'm talking about....all the way from the smoking section, to the DC buss, out to about 100 to 150 yards from the gym. Ask the DC cheer leaders...they were followed to the bus, the were taunted by these fans, some were actually pounding on the bus, then about 50 yards down from the bus they were taunting some DC fans....This after the cheer leaders got on the bus....I think three cop cars arrived on the scence...then about 4 campus police ( I think thats what they were). Saw one DC fan with her two children that looked scared..I asked if she wanted me and a friend of mine to walk her and her kids around this mob scene..she told me she was waiting on her husband...she probably didn't trust me because she didn't know me because I never saw her husband arrive. I stayed back about 30 to 40 yards and watched the end of this mess.....I'm serious....it looked like a mob...would be curious if any DC people on coacht were some of the fans that these vile disgusting taunts were directed at. I know for a fact that some Bolivar fans and players witnessed about half of this because they were outside when it all started....they were as disgusted as I was. This whole incident lasted about 30 minutes...good thing the police got there in time ( 2 police cars at first then they actually called for backup...friend of mine says their were 4 cop cars I only saw three..but that's beside the point). I know these type of situation are rare and I in no way direct this a all Fulton fans...but for these that done this I have NO RESPECT whatsoever for. I didn't hear every single word but I did watch this whole thing unfold from a distance of about 30 to 40 yards from begining to end. Am I the only one or were their others that saw this.

I am not from DC but I have followed this team as well as UC and Bolivar all season...so I am not a DC homer. But I am from Jackson and saw some really good games...this was the only bad expierence of my day and night in the BORO, and it was BAD.

i was one of the fans, i was walking back to one of the busses and what looked like their chaperone was telling them not to say a word and was apologizing for their actions but all they did was run their mouths trying to start stuff and all they did was make their school look bad by doing all of it. That is just a lack of class. And there a woman with two really young kids on my bus and dint arrive to the bus sfter the cops got over and she looked really scared. but congrats to Fulton on the win, it broke my heart seeing CJ walk off crying but obviously Fulton was the better team in this one. Good job to the choctaws too. yall had an excellent season and hopefully we will be back next year.