Looking at classification

Indian

By doing this you eliminate the teams that beat you year after year. You just have TSSAA move them into a different classification. That gets the teams that have been a thorn in your side out of your classification and therefore lets YOU advance. THAT'S the problem, all of you Crybabies who who can't win in your division. Now you want to eliminate all real competition. You guys end up traveling into Kentucy and Virginia to find teams you can beat so you can have a winning record. Maybe if you whine enough TSSAA will grant your wish. Just tap your ruby slippers three times .....bring Ronnie Carter's broom that he rides to work everyday back ...and we'll grant your wish.

Shame on Alcoa, Shame on Maryville, Shame on South Pittsburgh...how dare you excell where others are laying on their couches, eating potatoe chips

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May 24 2008 - 10:39 PM' post='826785239']

Shame on Alcoa, Shame on Maryville, Shame on South Pittsburgh...how dare you excell where others are laying on their couches, eating potatoe chips

Shame on you.... you can't spell potato! Is SmashMouth really Dan Quayle? Sorry SM... I couldn't resist. haha

FreedomFighters /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

May 24 2008 - 10:39 PM' post='826785239']

Shame on you.... you can't spell potato! Is SmashMouth really Dan Quayle? Sorry SM... I couldn't resist. haha

FreedomFighters /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Instead of 6 classifications...I am gonna lobby for spell check on CoachT!

There is a new issue that all schools will be looking at now, All schools will have to worry about transportation cost. By fall we may be looking at 6 bucks per gallon. How are schools going to make up this cost, Parents are strapped for cash now wait till they are asked to carry this burden. I think this will be the biggest issue for classification.

For goodness sakes /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Leave it the way it is now /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Only exception would be to put all private schools into the private school divisions (scholarships or not) and only have 2 divisions instead of 3 /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

thtruth,

You say put all of the privates in the private school division. Fine. What do you do with public schools that let students transfer into there school and pay a tuition.. I say if you pay to go to a school, that school, whether it's a public or private school, then you go into a seperate division.

thtruth,

You say put all of the privates in the private school division. Fine. What do you do with public schools that let students transfer into there school and pay a tuition.. I say if you pay to go to a school, that school, whether it's a public or private school, then you go into a seperate division.

redandblack63 couldn't haiv sed hit enny better... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Lookin' at tha local tax base, a majority of that money goes tord edgycashun....Looks two me like everbody pays two go two skool.....Thairfour eye say seperate divisions fer everbody. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Eye'll hang up and lissun...

thtruth,

Please explain--I know some students switch schools within the same county, but they don't pay tution--that's open enrollment

Transfers from out of county is a different story, but I agree with students/parents if they want a better education or better possiabilities for college scholarships--Example, do you send your kid to Oakland H.S. or Cannon County H.S. if you live in Cannon County--Oakland has more class possiabilities and better athletics for students to participate in--that's a no brainer, right

You can then make an argument for private schools--but one kid doesn't make that much of a difference on a team--but if you have the county all-stars going against the small public schools--now that is a huge difference

Please explain--I know some students switch schools within the same county, but they don't pay tution--that's open enrollment

Transfers from out of county is a different story, but I agree with students/parents if they want a better education or better possiabilities for college scholarships--Example, do you send your kid to Oakland H.S. or Cannon County H.S. if you live in Cannon County--Oakland has more class possiabilities and better athletics for students to participate in--that's a no brainer, right

You can then make an argument for private schools--but one kid doesn't make that much of a difference on a team--but if you have the county all-stars going against the small public schools--now that is a huge difference

Amen

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that rural area public schools have a problem with metropolitan schools winning championships. I think that was TSSAA's way of shifting away talk of a public-private split. By saying metropolitan schools are just as successful as privtate schools then TSSAA can make the arguement that being a private school doesn't matter.