Cat Hosfield

greenwheel

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all folks who have been so great to call, text message and post their comments on this forum, I want to say thanks from the folks at Riverdale. Cat is an amazing young lady and remains the heartbeat of our team. While she will never compete for Riverdale again, her leadership and competitive spirit will live on with us for years to come.

Just some more info on her injury, she had just singled to right and broke for second when the throw went through the cut-off to the plate. As she rolls into 2nd, she heard Breeden say "Get down" to the runner going home. As always, she did what her coach asked and started a slide. When she saw there was not a play at 2nd, she tried to stop her slide and "go in standing up." She hung a cleat. A tragic outcome indeed.

I have been fortunate to coach a young lady like Cat the last four years. People hear about her numbers and all that, but that is less than 10% of what makes her special. Cat is one of the most fierce competitors I have ever known. She works as hard as ANYONE I have ever coached. She has a heart bigger than her legend. When we arrived at Forest High School(Ocala) on Friday and worked out, she had a great workout and had lain down in the shade as the JV team warmed up for their game. Forest has a team manager with autism who carries around an autograph book. He had read about Cat online and wanted to meet her. Cat spent 5 minutes with "James" talking to him and signing his book and even hugged this guy. Now Cat will never see James again, and spending time with someone that others might ridicule was not some staged media event. She just saw a young man, who wanted a piece of her time, and she made him feel like the most special person in the whole world. James came up to me after the game and cried about Cat being hurt. I cried too because I realized that she will have the same impact on more lives than all of us combined can ever match.

I don't normally use a public forum for private thoughts, but I know that Cat reads CoachT and I can't possibly hold up to talk to her on the phone just yet. Read on if you like.....

Cat...or should I say CAT? Thank you for letting me coach you. Thanks you for filling Christine's heart with joy for allowing her to "momma you." Bad events can turn into learning moments, seek good from this set back. As I told you early last week...."The strength of the Pack is the Wolf and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."(Kipling) Thanks for being the Wolf! Remember to lean on the Pack! Know in your heart that I will forever consider you a "grasshopper." Work hard, work smart, work together!

Weave

Riverdale softball

This is Devon from Goodpasture (using my dads id) , i really hate that we will not face each other again this season. Our teams in travel and high school ball were always competative and we have had some classic games usually ending 1-0. I remember when we started lessons together with Cheri when she first started out at club k. I know you will bounce back and have a great college career. i am sure we will see each other in the summer and in college. meanwhile take care of yourself and get ready for summer and college.

To all folks who have been so great to call, text message and post their comments on this forum, I want to say thanks from the folks at Riverdale. Cat is an amazing young lady and remains the heartbeat of our team. While she will never compete for Riverdale again, her leadership and competitive spirit will live on with us for years to come.

Just some more info on her injury, she had just singled to right and broke for second when the throw went through the cut-off to the plate. As she rolls into 2nd, she heard Breeden say "Get down" to the runner going home. As always, she did what her coach asked and started a slide. When she saw there was not a play at 2nd, she tried to stop her slide and "go in standing up." She hung a cleat. A tragic outcome indeed.

I have been fortunate to coach a young lady like Cat the last four years. People hear about her numbers and all that, but that is less than 10% of what makes her special. Cat is one of the most fierce competitors I have ever known. She works as hard as ANYONE I have ever coached. She has a heart bigger than her legend. When we arrived at Forest High School(Ocala) on Friday and worked out, she had a great workout and had lain down in the shade as the JV team warmed up for their game. Forest has a team manager with autism who carries around an autograph book. He had read about Cat online and wanted to meet her. Cat spent 5 minutes with "James" talking to him and signing his book and even hugged this guy. Now Cat will never see James again, and spending time with someone that others might ridicule was not some staged media event. She just saw a young man, who wanted a piece of her time, and she made him feel like the most special person in the whole world. James came up to me after the game and cried about Cat being hurt. I cried too because I realized that she will have the same impact on more lives than all of us combined can ever match.

I don't normally use a public forum for private thoughts, but I know that Cat reads CoachT and I can't possibly hold up to talk to her on the phone just yet. Read on if you like.....

Cat...or should I say CAT? Thank you for letting me coach you. Thanks you for filling Christine's heart with joy for allowing her to "momma you." Bad events can turn into learning moments, seek good from this set back. As I told you early last week...."The strength of the Pack is the Wolf and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."(Kipling) Thanks for being the Wolf! Remember to lean on the Pack! Know in your heart that I will forever consider you a "grasshopper." Work hard, work smart, work together!

Weave

Riverdale softball

Cat is one of the finest high school pitchers I have EVER seen and I have seen the best pitch. Your post about how special she is and what she did at the Forest game just makes her that much more of an incredible person and player in my and my daughters eyes. Good luck to her in the future and good luck to the Riverdale team.

CAT i really hated to hear about your injury we was playing baseball in memphis and i got a text about it from frebis i am truely sorry about that but the good news is that your career isnt over and you will be able to play at UT (wish u was going to florida state lol) keep your teammates up and let them know that their goals are still attainable although it will be without you pitching their goals are still out there

GET WELL SOON MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU GOD BLESS FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY

GO LADY WARRIORS

CAT, Just wanted to say our thoughts and prayers are with you and the Riverdale softball program. I have enjoyed watching you play the game the last four years and I am sure with your positive work habits that you will totally recover and represent Middle Tennessee well at the next level. Good luck and best wishes from the Lebanon High School softball team.

get well soon... hated to hear that I was looking forward to seeing Cat pitch this year

It's been years since I've seen Cat pitch, but I hate that this is her senior year...and she is not getting to pitch...but best of luck to her...and we look forward to seeing you pitch at UT