Dyer Co. fans

ready4boro

Yea Sisco did a few years at Gleason.

I don't think scores show if someone is running up the score.

You have to look at what is going on. As a coach if I'm up by 20 with 2 minutes to go in a game I might leave a starter in to help the younger or less experienced guys from going nuts. But if I'm up 40 with 7:00 to go I try to get in as many guys as I can.

On the flip side if I'm down a bunch I leave my guys in untill the lose is unpreventable. I try to fight tooth and nail to get back in it.

Some examples of unsportsmanlike would be: 1. Putting starters back in after another coach has taken all of his out. (Humboldt actually did this against Gleason last year, Gleason coach took his last starter out and Boykins subbed all of his starters back in with 1:00 to go and up by 30+). Leaving starters in when the lead is 25+ and allowing them to shoot 3's.

Some coaches will put a better butt kickin on a team when they play at home or when tournaments get close.

I don't know which teams have done this, I was at the Gleason UC game the score was so lopsided because all of UC's freshman were gone to a freshaman tournament (the game was on sat. a make up because of the storms the week before) Coach Sisco played 10 guys the same 10 you saw play at the State Tourney. When the first crew came out the next five came in.

As a coach I don't tell my young kids not to shoot or I don't do something that is within my system( if you press alot I don't think you make your young kids play a zone or vice versa) I do have a problem with a coach letting his young kids shoot a half court shot or dunk etc... at the buzzer when they are up big (15+) Gotta show the young kids to play with class at some point.

I'm not talking about any particular team just giving you a coaches point of view.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyer Co. Class of 97 that is where im from this coach reminds me of coach hopkins. but coach hopkins is better

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I'm sorry BUT that is hysterical!!

Yea Sisco did a few years at Gleason.I don't think scores show if someone is running up the score.You have to look at what is going on. As a coach if I'm up by 20 with 2 minutes to go in a game I might leave a starter in to help the younger or less experienced guys from going nuts. But if I'm up 40 with 7:00 to go I try to get in as many guys as I can. On the flip side if I'm down a bunch I leave my guys in untill the lose is unpreventable. I try to fight tooth and nail to get back in it. Some examples of unsportsmanlike would be: 1. Putting starters back in after another coach has taken all of his out. (Humboldt actually did this against Gleason last year, Gleason coach took his last starter out and Boykins subbed all of his starters back in with 1:00 to go and up by 30+). Leaving starters in when the lead is 25+ and allowing them to shoot 3's. Some coaches will put a better butt kickin on a team when they play at home or when tournaments get close. I don't know which teams have done this, I was at the Gleason UC game the score was so lopsided because all of UC's freshman were gone to a freshaman tournament (the game was on sat. a make up because of the storms the week before) Coach Sisco played 10 guys the same 10 you saw play at the State Tourney. When the first crew came out the next five came in.As a coach I don't tell my young kids not to shoot or I don't do something that is within my system( if you press alot I don't think you make your young kids play a zone or vice versa) I do have a problem with a coach letting his young kids shoot a half court shot or dunk etc... at the buzzer when they are up big (15+) Gotta show the young kids to play with class at some point. I'm not talking about any particular team just giving you a coaches point of view.

Every one of those games posted were lopsided. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Warmachine...I understand all of that. But let's not kid ourselves we all know a mismatch when we see one. UC agaisnt teams like Gleason will always be lopsided..It's strictly up to the coach what the margin will be because the gap in talent and players is like night and day. Every district has these type of mismatches. 89 to 26 or whatever it was...come on now...couldn't you run a little half course offense in the 2nd half....that's an average of 2.78 points every minute agaisnt a very very weak team.

This started with someone ( I forget who) accusing DC of running up the score on teams..then it was pointed out UC has some very similar margins..but what happens is DC gets bashed while UC get's praised for doing the same exact thing.You can apply the same logic to UC's margins as DC's...but of course that usually dosen't happen. They should have gotten out the yellow crime tape in Gleason after that game /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just saying it's the exact same thing..that's all. A mismatch is a mismatch..you either tell your 2nd and 3rd string to hold back something or you don't..I think it's pretty simple. At least that's the way I see it. If I were a kid and didn't get to play much I know I would want to be able to play and score if it were me. Just say'n /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think DC gets bashed and UC gets praised because of the way these guys are percieved. Coach Sisco is not everyones fav guy but he lets people know. I don't know much of McCord but it seems that if people don't like him he still puts on a happy face. I have heard from many fellow coaches and college coaches that he is not well liked.

I am not bashing either guy both guys are in places with good talent and do well. This is my perception.

Anyone know who reay4boro is because if he is DC 97 and played ball I know him. If he is just class of 97 and didn't play I wouldn't pay attention to him. People that don't play sports or bash the one that do are not playing for a reason, usually they are not very good or athletic or their attitude won't allow them.

Dyer Co. Class of 97 that is where im from this coach reminds me of coach hopkins. but coach hopkins is better

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Don't do that to me! I about died cause I couldn't breathe!

I think DC gets bashed and UC gets praised because of the way these guys are percieved. Coach Sisco is not everyones fav guy but he lets people know. I don't know much of McCord but it seems that if people don't like him he still puts on a happy face. I have heard from many fellow coaches and college coaches that he is not well liked.

I am not bashing either guy both guys are in places with good talent and do well. This is my perception.

Anyone know who reay4boro is because if he is DC 97 and played ball I know him. If he is just class of 97 and didn't play I wouldn't pay attention to him. People that don't play sports or bash the one that do are not playing for a reason, usually they are not very good or athletic or their attitude won't allow them.

The only people I know that don't like the DC coach is Dburg fans....As for anyone else it's a mystery why this man would not be liked. Their has to be an element of truth to the jelously argument...maybe it's because some of the fellow coaches didn't get the DC job...Who knows!!!! As long as DC wins more games than not, his kids get a chance for a free education at the next level ( the ones that are good enough), all his kids graduate, and his kids are productive citizens after school I would say he has done his Job....would you agree with that....I'm serious I don't get it...I played and have watched more games and coaches than I can count...he is no different than just about every other coach as far as his actions on the sidelines..with maybe the exception he usually outcoaches the opponent, and that is usually done in practice away from everyone else. The man is a winner and from everything I've seen all his kids conduct themselves in a polite respectfull manner...his kids certainly don't reflect bad on the DC school...It appears the kids are a mirror reflection of the coach.....with the exception of the sideline antics which any coach worth anything does...all that is is working the officials and motivating your team.I really beleive this man is a mentor to these kids just as he should be. I'm serious I don't get it!!!!!!! Good coach, Good Kids, Good Fan support, Good Community...what gives....I guess it's like that old saying.....It's lonely at the Top!!!! McCord, Sisco, Rudesill, and Williams all share something in common and that is alot of other programs are really envious of the programs these men lead.

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Don't do that to me! I about died cause I couldn't breathe!

I didn't post that I was eating Milk Duds and almost choked to death myself /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Have not a clue....you think he would tell us????? /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> I'm betting...no, he will not tell us. Someone must have really hurt his feelings or done some major damage to his psyche in school.

The only people I know that don't like the DC coach is Dburg fans....As for anyone else it's a mystery why this man would not be liked. Their has to be an element of truth to the jelously argument...maybe it's because some of the fellow coaches didn't get the DC job...Who knows!!!! As long as DC wins more games than not, his kids get a chance for a free education at the next level ( the ones that are good enough), all his kids graduate, and his kids are productive citizens after school I would say he has done his Job....would you agree with that....I'm serious I don't get it...I played and have watched more games and coaches than I can count...he is no different than just about every other coach as far as his actions on the sidelines..with maybe the exception he usually outcoaches the opponent, and that is usually done in practice away from everyone else. The man is a winner and from everything I've seen all his kids conduct themselves in a polite respectfull manner...his kids certainly don't reflect bad on the DC school...It appears the kids are a mirror reflection of the coach.....with the exception of the sideline antics which any coach worth anything does...all that is is working the officials and motivating your team.I really beleive this man is a mentor to these kids just as he should be. I'm serious I don't get it!!!!!!! Good coach, Good Kids, Good Fan support, Good Community...what gives....I guess it's like that old saying.....It's lonely at the Top!!!! McCord, Sisco, Rudesill, and Williams all share something in common and that is alot of other programs are really envious of the programs these men lead.

I agree 100% and I can't add anything to what you said cause you said it all!

I didn't post that I was eating Milk Duds and almost choked to death myself /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You got to be careful with them Milk Duds /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Nahhhhh......they have NEVER run up the score /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Whoa...that Gleason game WAS CLOSE......haaa!!!!haaaa!!!!

you would tend to believe that your almighty Dyer County logic would tell you that condicending, sarcastic remarks like this are what keep people riled up about your fanbase. When in reality, its not the fanbase, its simply fans like you and your arrogance that bring bad reputations onto other people. But far be it from me to pass any sort of judgment upon you because we all know just how holy-er (not clue on the spelling) than thou you are. Please, your worse than my pre-teen daughter!

I just know what I have been told.

Coaches are never what people think, most fans don't know them personally. I can say this because most people hated the coach I played for and they never really talked to him. Not saying these guys are not good guys just throwing that out there.

No these coaches that that are saying this about McCord are not bitter over not getting the DC job, some of these guys are college coaches. The only people that new how good DC was going to be were the former coaches and other people in the district that had seen Justin and Dejaun play JV or freshman at D-burg.

both games that dc played against gc mccord emptied his bench in the first and second halves. maybe he left cj in to prepare the second and third strings for next year. you know, real game experience. i guess we should have let our head cheerleader play point to appease pioneer. we didnt run the score up. ya'll stunk it up.