Sullivan South

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to practice today. Here's what I came away with. Bradley sees the recievers...all of them. I hope the line will give him the time to play that style of long ball. I hope that doesn't change after he tightens up with his eventual starting WR's. Most QB's have favorites and I'm sure he will also, I just hope he continues to scan the field. The only issue I see with Bradley is he hesitates. That is experience. It will come.

Fletcher looks faster and more intense than last year. He's going to need both. He makes the cutback in zone blocking nothing short of textbook.

And the great surprise I guess should not really be a surprise at all (but it is) is Columbotino. He has just bought himself a starting slot at WR. You know those long balls where you look straight up into the stars and watch for the ball to come over your head...well he was pulling them in with ease. Not to mention his speed has gotten better thanks to running track. Bedford looked impressive also. Watterson and Zanoni have their hands full now.

Bobbeye looked a bit uncomfortable with the offense. The cutback is against most RB's grain...at least in the traditional sense. Everybody wants to bounce it to the sideline instead. Once he sees the application for it and comes to understand zone blocking he will be a force.

I went to practice today. Here's what I came away with. Bradley sees the recievers...all of them. I hope the line will give him the time to play that style of long ball. I hope that doesn't change after he tightens up with his eventual starting WR's. Most QB's have favorites and I'm sure he will also, I just hope he continues to scan the field. The only issue I see with Bradley is he hesitates. That is experience. It will come.

Fletcher looks faster and more intense than last year. He's going to need both. He makes the cutback in zone blocking nothing short of textbook.

And the great surprise I guess should not really be a surprise at all (but it is) is Columbotino. He has just bought himself a starting slot at WR. You know those long balls where you look straight up into the stars and watch for the ball to come over your head...well he was pulling them in with ease. Not to mention his speed has gotten better thanks to running track. Bedford looked impressive also. Watterson and Zanoni have their hands full now.

Bobbeye looked a bit uncomfortable with the offense. The cutback is against most RB's grain...at least in the traditional sense. Everybody wants to bounce it to the sideline instead. Once he sees the application for it and comes to understand zone blocking he will be a force.

Hey, Comp what position do they have TJ playing ? I heard talk today from a former SS running back (record holder) He said if he had to pick two starting running backs right now he would go with the DR and Cassell.He said he was very impressed with Cassell.Well we get a look of life without Curt tomorrow,but we will be missing KK,TY,and Clint thats some very strong weapons to play without.Well I hope the DR is ready to step up to the leadership role,and from what I hear he is.I believe the talent is there to establish a very good team,If they play as a team and don't go out and play as individuals.Well gotta go !!!!! How did practice go today?

Hey, Comp what position do they have TJ playing ? I heard talk today from a former SS running back (record holder) He said if he had to pick two starting running backs right now he would go with the DR and Cassell.He said he was very impressed with Cassell.Well we get a look of life without Curt tomorrow,but we will be missing KK,TY,and Clint thats some very strong weapons to play without.Well I hope the DR is ready to step up to the leadership role,and from what I hear he is.I believe the talent is there to establish a very good team,If they play as a team and don't go out and play as individuals.Well gotta go !!!!! How did practice go today?

TJ is at center. I really wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in the performance quotient from tomorrow. Too many pieces missing. A bunch of Frosh and Sophmores playing. Granted, some of them look decent but fall ball is a different animal. Tomorrow you can look for Bradley to play 3-4 possesions...nothing more. I feel you can look for him to throw to Columbo numerous times to finalize that relationship. And you can look for Bobby and the Spin Dr. to work on their new running set. It will be a very short scrimmage. The Dr. has been known to have attitude problems...and that is just what this group needs...Attitude! Andrew Jackson was shot by his own men...accidentally. And died a few days later. He was too honary to be killed by the Yankees. He had attitude. Maybe somebody should tell the DR. to read about Andrew Jackson. Anyway, Cassell is still missing from practice. Someone alluded to the rumor that he was having to have a surgical procedure done as a result of the concussion incurred from hitting Bobby Taylor. Someone please set us straight on this.

TJ is at center. I really wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in the performance quotient from tomorrow. Too many pieces missing. A bunch of Frosh and Sophmores playing. Granted, some of them look decent but fall ball is a different animal. Tomorrow you can look for Bradley to play 3-4 possesions...nothing more. I feel you can look for him to throw to Columbo numerous times to finalize that relationship. And you can look for Bobby and the Spin Dr. to work on their new running set. It will be a very short scrimmage. The Dr. has been known to have attitude problems...and that is just what this group needs...Attitude! Andrew Jackson was shot by his own men...accidentally. And died a few days later. He was too honary to be killed by the Yankees. He had attitude. Maybe somebody should tell the DR. to read about Andrew Jackson. Anyway, Cassell is still missing from practice. Someone alluded to the rumor that he was having to have a surgical procedure done as a result of the concussion incurred from hitting Bobby Taylor. Someone please set us straight on this.

COMP,I can clear that up about Cassell,I work with his Dad inside Eastman.He said Jordan never even had a concussion,they did take Jordan to the ER just to be safe.He missed practice due to a bad sinus infection.Wow!!how rumors get started.I did hear that Bobby had a bad concussion from thier hit,and he is still having problems staying focused and having problems remembering the plays,if this is true they need to have him evaluated.Any how Cassell's Dad said Jordan was back at practice today.

COMP,I can clear that up about Cassell,I work with his Dad inside Eastman.He said Jordan never even had a concussion,they did take Jordan to the ER just to be safe.He missed practice due to a bad sinus infection.Wow!!how rumors get started.I did hear that Bobby had a bad concussion from thier hit,and he is still having problems staying focused and having problems remembering the plays,if this is true they need to have him evaluated.Any how Cassell's Dad said Jordan was back at practice today.

Thanks Red. Bobby was not looking his best I will admit. I assumed it was from becoming acclimated to the full blown spread. All that freedom, all at once! Do I want cake or do I want pie? You snooze you get boned. Give it time. OK good for Cassell. I believe we will see more ground game than we expected tomorrow.

Bud,,, the only reason Chris played varsity at DB is because there offense stunk so bad they had to try something .But it paid off Chris had a great year.Had Cassell stayed they would have had two freshman tailbacks starting on varsity .Hey, Sensabaugh is a great player but Cassell is as good if not better .And I know he's faster !Why ,because I have seen them run a many of times with Cassell most of the time 5 yds out front.And hey I pray every night that they will play again because South would put a kick butt on DB.South has so much more talent so with that being said!! BRING IT ON MIGHTY DB Oh by the way South did,nt need Cassell on varsity last year they had so much talent .

Redneck,

Chris played Varsity because he was the best running back. Only one other freshman played Varsity that I can remember in twenty years and even he did not get the playing time Chris got. Chris is special. To say Cassell would have played if he stayed is insane. And to say that you know Cassell is faster because YOU have seen them run is funny at best. You speak of 7th and 8th grade teams. We are talking about Varsity here and kids grow more at this age then ever. I hope you do pray every night that DB & South play again because I do too. Because then, people like you might not get on here and claim to be better with no proof in the pudding. I thought 2006 was your year and I was wrong. By the way here are some track times that are from a 9th grader Chris Sensabaugh; where is your proof or are we still going on 7th grade visuals that you had? Darn chris looks so slow to be just a freshman. But I am sure that your visual confirmation will tell us all that Chris in the 7th grade can't translate all that speed and power onto the football field like Caseell can. Face it, Chris is becoming a beast. He is faster and stronger as compared to a couple of years ago and he is on his way to becoming the next big recruit out of our area.

Science Hill Girls, D-B Boys Claim Carver Invitational Team Titles

Boys 400 Meter Dash

1 Sensabaugh, Chris Dobyns- Benn 52.28 1 10

2 Carr, Derek Elizabethton 52.62 1 8

3 Martin, Houston Sullivan Sou 52.73 1 6

4 Hawkins, Brendan David Crockett H 53.04 1 5

5 Campbell, Zane Sullivan Eas 53.98 2 4

6 Howell, James Morristown E 54.03 2 3

7 Carvin, Scott Bearden 54.96 1 2

8 Kyle, Josh Morristown E 55.45 2 1

9 Utsman, Josh Sullivan Central 56.70 1

10 King, Xavier JR Tennhigh 56.87 2

11 Simpson, Travis Elizabethton 58.19 3

12 McLain, Austin Sullivan Sou 59.03 3

13 Penney, Trevellon Jefferson Co 59.55 2

14 Widener, Nick Patrick Henr 59.84 3

15 Martin, Larry Daniel Boone 1:00.73 3

16 Walker, Jordan Daniel Boone 1:00.94 4

17 Bentley, Ryan University S 1:01.45 3

18 Gentry, Alex Sullivan Eas 1:03.03 4

19 Crowe, John University S 1:03.79 4

20 Bolowski, Tan Sullivan Eas 1:05.03 3

21 Goins, Anthony Jefferson Co 1:05.43 2

Event 4 BOYS 200m Dash

1 Adrian Sensabaugh DOBYNS-BENNETT 23.31

2 Chris Sensabaugh DOBYNS-BENNETT 23.94

3 Daniel Wilson ELIZABETHTON 23.97

4 Norman Jacob SCIENCE HILL 24.94

5 Michael Long DANIEL BOONE 26.21

Event 6 BOYS 400m Dash

1 Derek Carr ELIZABETHTON 51.84

2 Chris Sensabaugh DOBYNS-BENNETT 53.93

3 Yukya Ngoy SCIENCE HILL 54.62

4 Ryan Owens SCIENCE HILL 55.13

5 Jack Cox DOBYNS-BENNETT 59.89

6 Jordan Walker DANIEL BOONE 1:01.21

7 Chuck Harris DANIEL BOONE 1:03.89

8 Justin Stanley ELIZABETHTON 1:04.53

Redneck,

Chris played Varsity because he was the best running back. Only one other freshman played Varsity that I can remember in twenty years and even he did not get the playing time Chris got. Chris is special. To say Cassell would have played if he stayed is insane. And to say that you know Cassell is faster because YOU have seen them run is funny at best. You speak of 7th and 8th grade teams. We are talking about Varsity here and kids grow more at this age then ever. I hope you do pray every night that DB & South play again because I do too. Because then, people like you might not get on here and claim to be better with no proof in the pudding. I thought 2006 was your year and I was wrong. By the way here are some track times that are from a 9th grader Chris Sensabaugh; where is your proof or are we still going on 7th grade visuals that you had? Darn chris looks so slow to be just a freshman. But I am sure that your visual confirmation will tell us all that Chris in the 7th grade can't translate all that speed and power onto the football field like Caseell can. Face it, Chris is becoming a beast. He is faster and stronger as compared to a couple of years ago and he is on his way to becoming the next big recruit out of our area.

Science Hill Girls, D-B Boys Claim Carver Invitational Team Titles

Boys 400 Meter Dash

1 Sensabaugh, Chris Dobyns- Benn 52.28 1 10

2 Carr, Derek Elizabethton 52.62 1 8

3 Martin, Houston Sullivan Sou 52.73 1 6

4 Hawkins, Brendan David Crockett H 53.04 1 5

5 Campbell, Zane Sullivan Eas 53.98 2 4

6 Howell, James Morristown E 54.03 2 3

7 Carvin, Scott Bearden 54.96 1 2

8 Kyle, Josh Morristown E 55.45 2 1

9 Utsman, Josh Sullivan Central 56.70 1

10 King, Xavier JR Tennhigh 56.87 2

11 Simpson, Travis Elizabethton 58.19 3

12 McLain, Austin Sullivan Sou 59.03 3

13 Penney, Trevellon Jefferson Co 59.55 2

14 Widener, Nick Patrick Henr 59.84 3

15 Martin, Larry Daniel Boone 1:00.73 3

16 Walker, Jordan Daniel Boone 1:00.94 4

17 Bentley, Ryan University S 1:01.45 3

18 Gentry, Alex Sullivan Eas 1:03.03 4

19 Crowe, John University S 1:03.79 4

20 Bolowski, Tan Sullivan Eas 1:05.03 3

21 Goins, Anthony Jefferson Co 1:05.43 2

Event 4 BOYS 200m Dash

1 Adrian Sensabaugh DOBYNS-BENNETT 23.31

2 Chris Sensabaugh DOBYNS-BENNETT 23.94

3 Daniel Wilson ELIZABETHTON 23.97

4 Norman Jacob SCIENCE HILL 24.94

5 Michael Long DANIEL BOONE 26.21

Event 6 BOYS 400m Dash

1 Derek Carr ELIZABETHTON 51.84

2 Chris Sensabaugh DOBYNS-BENNETT 53.93

3 Yukya Ngoy SCIENCE HILL 54.62

4 Ryan Owens SCIENCE HILL 55.13

5 Jack Cox DOBYNS-BENNETT 59.89

6 Jordan Walker DANIEL BOONE 1:01.21

7 Chuck Harris DANIEL BOONE 1:03.89

8 Justin Stanley ELIZABETHTON 1:04.53

BUD, no I don't think I'm going on 7thand 8th grade ball before Cassell left DB last year he was by far the fastest player on the team out running Sensabaugh,and Steele to your suprise Josh Pearson was the only one close to Cassell. Chris is a great player,and I hope he has a great career....but people don't need to put so much pressure on the kid.Chris is a good kid from a great family. I know Cassell's and the Sensabaugh's very well they remain good friends . Chris and Jordan still run around with each other.So lets just leave things as they are by wishing both the best of luck.Oh,one other thing to put to rest Cassell did'nt leave DB because of fear of playing time,his parents sold thier house in Ridgefields and relocated to the County,Jordans Dad said it was a very hard decision,but they prayed about it and did what they thought the Lord would have them to do.Cassell's dad said the last day he was at DB when he picked up Jordan and had to get all his paperwork they said goodbye to all the players and coaches then cried all the way down the tunnel,so I guess it was a hard decision but sometimes we have to do whats best for our kids.One other note I had a DB coach to tell me first hand that Jordan was the best on the freshman roster when he left,I believe it would have been very interesting had Cassell stayed at DB.Oh well with all that being said best of luck to DB and SOUTH and to the Sensabaugh's and the Cassell,s the BEST!!!!!!

BUD, no I don't think I'm going on 7thand 8th grade ball before Cassell left DB last year he was by far the fastest player on the team out running Sensabaugh,and Steele to your suprise Josh Pearson was the only one close to Cassell. Chris is a great player,and I hope he has a great career....but people don't need to put so much pressure on the kid.Chris is a good kid from a great family. I know Cassell's and the Sensabaugh's very well they remain good friends . Chris and Jordan still run around with each other.So lets just leave things as they are by wishing both the best of luck.Oh,one other thing to put to rest Cassell did'nt leave DB because of fear of playing time,his parents sold thier house in Ridgefields and relocated to the County,Jordans Dad said it was a very hard decision,but they prayed about it and did what they thought the Lord would have them to do.Cassell's dad said the last day he was at DB when he picked up Jordan and had to get all his paperwork they said goodbye to all the players and coaches then cried all the way down the tunnel,so I guess it was a hard decision but sometimes we have to do whats best for our kids.One other note I had a DB coach to tell me first hand that Jordan was the best on the freshman roster when he left,I believe it would have been very interesting had Cassell stayed at DB.Oh well with all that being said best of luck to DB and SOUTH and to the Sensabaugh's and the Cassell,s the BEST!!!!!!

There's no way the Lord would of had them send their kid to South. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

There's no way the Lord would of had them send their kid to South. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Waco,what do you have against SOUTH? Heck,you must like SOUTH you stay on SOUTH post all the time,so I guess DB would be like going to heaven...get real!!!! Just face it DB don't get all the good players !!!

Waco,what do you have against SOUTH? Heck,you must like SOUTH you stay on SOUTH post all the time,so I guess DB would be like going to heaven...get real!!!! Just face it DB don't get all the good players !!!

After that well thought out post, I guess I give up. "DB don't get all the good players", South does. Congrats to Redneck on your dream world 4A trophy and your belief that South would actually beat DB.