Shadowens Resigns

CoachFB

OH! You mean the coach who could not come up with a defense to stop R'dales running game even knowing ALL of R'dales plays. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Do you know the man? Why even say that about him? He IS the DC that helped win the state championship back to back. It's amazing how grown men can get on a high school message board and rip coaches. Talk about needing a life.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know the man? Why even say that about him? He IS the DC that helped win the state championship back to back. It's amazing how grown men can get on a high school message board and rip coaches. Talk about needing a life.

I have a fine life, Thank You. No I do NOT know Coach Lussier and he is probably a fine Coach, but what I DO know is if you have the other teams running plays most really good coaches can stop them.

Now enjoy your two championships and continue to be Thankful you did NOT have to play R'dale a second time last year.

Guest workinprogress

I have a fine life, Thank You. No I do NOT know Coach Lussier and he is probably a fine Coach, but what I DO know is if you have the other teams running plays most really good coaches can stop them.

Now enjoy your two championships and continue to be Thankful you did NOT have to play R'dale a second time last year.

99% of coaches have the other teams running/passing plays because 99% of coaches if not 100% of them all swap tapes. I am sure that your beloved Riverdale staff had all of Wilson Central's plays. And I am sure that you would think that the warrior staff is made of fine coaches. Did Riverdale stop WC?

OH! You mean the coach who could not come up with a defense to stop R'dales running game even knowing ALL of R'dales plays. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I have known Bud Raikes since 1968 and I can tell you now that NOTHING on here will influence his decision one way or the other. Man knows what he wants and will go for it be they already there or from the outside.

Personally I would like to see Coach Wyatt get it and NOT because he is from R'dale, but because he deserves a chance at being a HC after the shafting Coach R gave him.

You are right, the guy can't coach a lick. All his success has been despite being a bum. Riverdale has a great program and staff, but people from other schools can coach also....... Can't they?

lod , lussier is the coach of father ryan if im not mistaken

What? Best I can tell, smyrna held up to their end of the deal. what I am thankful for is that they made it to the 3rd round (and beyond). I like Riverdale too and would have loved to see that game in the qtrs again. But, we all know what happened. Smyrna was there waiting for Riverdale but Wilson Central showed up.

Riverdale has not done 2 well in there rematches the last 2 years. Pummeling in the regular seasons of WC and Smyrna led to an early exit at the hands of both of them in the playoffs. I am surprised you dont realize that, being an expert and all.

I have known Bud Raikes since 1968 and I can tell you now that NOTHING on here will influence his decision one way or the other. Man knows what he wants and will go for it be they already there or from the outside.

Personally I would like to see Coach Wyatt get it and NOT because he is from R'dale, but because he deserves a chance at being a HC after the shafting Coach R gave him.

I mean name a coach that really could stop the running attack other than WC?? I mean the man has been at Smyrna for 2 years and has 2 state championships. I know he highly respected and is a very good coach. He knows how to handle this team and this is what they need now not just some random guy they have to all the sudden call there coach. I think by already having such a tight bond with Keasler this makes him all the better coach for the job. I know playing for him the past 2 years he brought the best out in me.

Next would have to be Wyant. I mean where ever this guy goes he seems to make it to December. What more could you want.

LOD. don't be mad that smyrna has been able to accomplish what riverdale has never been capable of. We will enjoy our BACK to BACK championships. We were waiting for your "invincible" warriors but they were unable to make it to the meeting. Keasler is the coach that helped scheme a defense that sent your "invincible" warriors packing in the qtrs two years ago. He showed all you have to do is weather the storm and make that "unstoppable" offense keep snapping the ball.

And from what I have heard from the boro is that creasy was all too happy to leave the "best team in the state" to go to trousdale. Seems Coach A blamed their problems on him in close knit circles and not the struggles of the offense against WC.

But like I said, we will enjoy our 2 championships. Call me when you get back to back rings and we will celebrate together.

yes yall have back to back rings and that is sweet but call us when you get to more and how long have yall been a football team? keep in mind our school didnt even open to 1971 so you have had a head start and yet we still have more state championships than you

tell me the last time you won them back to back. Yes, riverdale was good in the glory years. But even with all those great teams that were by far more talented than most teams they played, they never won back to back. I'm just glad rankin got the whole public private split when he couldn't get past BA in the 90's. That's made it easier on lots of people. Also remember that Riverdale never was split into two schools like Smyrna did with Lavergne being built in the late 80's. If you combined smyrna and Lavergne into one big 5a school those years, it would have been a more level playing field. But then again we can shoulda, woulda, coulda, and all the what ifs all day long. And I know riverdale lost a couple players when blackman was built, but back to my point: Riverdale never won back to back with all those great teams they had.