What Happened to Lexington Did they eat there words?

Ctownfootball

I have no horse in this race nor do I know the rule. But , if the DH is batting for the 2nd baseman and the 2nd baseman then replaces him then the DH should not be able to come back in. If a player that was not in the line-up replaced him then he should be able to re-enter. Did the 2nd baseman come out of the game after the DH re-entered. Maybe the DH can re-enter but you have to take out the position player that replaced him.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard the Tigers really bragging too much to be truthful with you. For a team that has recently been ranked #1 in the state I think THEIR(check your grammar) attitude has been very subdued. A question that I want to pose to SouthSide is did you really break someone's winning streak when you 'won' in such a questionable fashion? Just curious

actually sir a loss is a loss no matter how it comes. i thought they taught that in T-ball

I have no horse in this race nor do I know the rule. But , if the DH is batting for the 2nd baseman and the 2nd baseman then replaces him then the DH should not be able to come back in. If a player that was not in the line-up replaced him then he should be able to re-enter. Did the 2nd baseman come out of the game after the DH re-entered. Maybe the DH can re-enter but you have to take out the position player that replaced him.

DH was batting for the second baseman. DH batted first time, 2nd baseman was courtesy runner for him. 2nd at bat was taken by the 2nd baseman. 2nd baseman was in the field entire game. The 3rd at bat(one in question) was taken by the DH.

What a jerk. My guess is that he has gottern away with this stuff for so long that he thinks he can do whatever he wants. I bet he has the little man complex. Back to back losses after going 22 and 0 and then Bolivar back to back, then Bartlett. This idiot may cost his team the district championship. Does anybody know GC's record. This story was in todays Jackson Sun. Everybody in the WBBJ viweing area that watches the news got a first hand look at how immature a grown man can be....he is supposed to lead by example.

HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL: Lexington coach suspended

By MATTHEW BORENSTEIN

moborenstein@jacksonsun.com

Lexington lost its first baseball game of the season Wednesday night and another Thursday night.

Thursday, the Tigers also lost their coach for a week.

Terry Odle was suspended from coaching and working with the team while the school and Henderson County School System investigates his actions during Tuesday's loss, system director of instruction Tammy Knipp said Thursday evening.

He will miss four games, including Thursday's 7-6 loss at Gibson County and two next week with District 12-AA rival Bolivar.

He won't lose pay and will continue to work within the school system.

"We are just looking into the situation a little more because we like to follow through with incidents like these and get some closure," Knipp said. "The principal, athletic director and superintendent met and discussed the matter, and we decided a week's suspension was the best action to take."

Odle can't work with the team for the week after a tirade at home plate over a disputed ruling about whether a South Side player could re-enter the game and bat.

Odle ripped pages from a rule book and kicked dirt around home plate after arguing - to no avail - that the designated hitter shouldn't be allowed to re-enter the game.

Odle was not ejected, but was asked to remain in the dugout the rest of the game, which he did. An ejection carries an automatic two-game suspension and fine from the TSSAA.

Parts of the act were broadcast on WBBJ-TV's newscast.

"I'm very, very sorry if I embarrassed the school, the principal or the city of Lexington," Odle said adding several times he was very remorseful. "I want to be the best coach I can possibly be."

Odle said he wasn't serious or mad when arguing the decision, at least the third time he discussed a call with an umpire during the game. He said he was trying to stop South Side's momentum and slow the game for his team's advantage.

"That's just part of coaching," he said. "It's like wrestling on Saturday night."

Assistant coach Roy Grant takes over coaching the team, now 22-2.

"They can suspend me all they want to. The kids are the ones that are going to be hurt," Odle said. "That upsets me for not having the chance to be there for my kids."

Brandon Shields contributed to this story.

- Matthew Borenstein, 425-9636

Who was the umpire? How did Odle get away with kicking dirt on him and ripping pages out of the rulebook and just get confined to dugout and not kicked out of the game?

Because the umpire had more class than Odle, and did not want to cost Odle $250 and a two game suspension. Also, he did not want to hurt the Lexington players by not having their coach for 2 games. Coaches have to understand that they are not coaching adults. This is not college or the pros. These are kids and we as coaches have to show an example to them. I have never seen a call changed because a coach yelled at an umpire. If you have to act like a fool to get your players motavated than somethings wrong. We tell our players not to do everything that they see players do on tv, well that goes the same for coaches!!

Because the umpire had more class than Odle, and did not want to cost Odle $250 and a two game suspension. Also, he did not want to hurt the Lexington players by not having their coach for 2 games. Coaches have to understand that they are not coaching adults. This is not college or the pros. These are kids and we as coaches have to show an example to them. I have never seen a call changed because a coach yelled at an umpire. If you have to act like a fool to get your players motavated than somethings wrong. We tell our players not to do everything that they see players do on tv, well that goes the same for coaches!!

Good Post /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Every starter including the DH and Starting Pitcher can reenter the game one time. The reason this is odd is because the DH is usually for the starting pitcher. What usually happens is a change in pitching and the DH enters the game. Now the DH is dead because he entered the game. In South Sides case The DH did not enter the game therefore he can reenter. Now would i bet my Life on this ruling NO. No coach will ever know every rule in any sport, but this is how I see it.