Rankings Week 8

mjuhb

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it really matter at this point. What matters is in the playoffs. If I remember correctly you guys were ranked tops last year and Baylor won state. I would rather have that anyday. However on rankings...not sure how McCallie tying Baylor at McCallie moves them up. Regardless they really don't matter.

Finally, McCallie is over Baylor in these rankings. I was wondering when it was going to happen.

What does it really matter. I would think McCallie would have rather have beaten Baylor on their own field. Their is still alot left of the season and Baylor is still the reigning state champs.

Finally, McCallie is over Baylor in these rankings. I was wondering when it was going to happen.

Plug for my alma mater. Rossview beat Dickson Co. 2-1 Tuesday night to take the 10-AAA regular season title. R'view a man down for most of that match. Hopefully they learned their lesson with last year's first round district tourney exit and realize the regular season doesn't mean anything, though. It's all about the second season.

Sorry if that was harsh reddragon but i just got the confirmation that elizabethton was missing 4 starters who where away at some band competition all last week, i wasnt saying elizabethton was the better team and i wasnt saying your not good, you've had a great season, but if you cant mount up an attack against a small school like elizabethton then how do you intend on mustering up one against farragut, or bearden ( 7-1) loss..

I agree with eastknox to some degree, however DB did dominate the AA Elizabethton team who rarely got a sniff of a shot on goal. Did have 1 good opportunity and took advantage. DB could have pushed another player or two forward against the numbers on defense if necessary but wasn't needed. Cyclones did exactly what they intended and kept it close. When you get to Knoxville however, you see a higher level of skill, speed and a greater variety of tactics, not seen in high school play in Upper E. TN. Those players playing club ball, get some exposure to the higher level of play, but many rarely see the kind of attack and swarming defense that more Knoxville teams are displaying and those less experienced players can be somewhat surprised and easily frustrated. Last nights game at Bearden was a perfect example and I'm glad that Coach Calvert allowed his bench to play the second half after the outcome was determined in the first half. DB will half to take a more defensive posture if they return to Knoxville in tournament play and make sure they keep things close. Bearden's Midfield controlled play throughout the game. Soccer at all the Knoxville schools is getting better and I think the trend will continue and DB and Science Hill will be the only teams in upper E. Tn to consistantly compete.(Bulldogs cooking with gas in the game Wed.Night, if the play that way, they can take it all).

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how the JP2 vs CBHS rematch will turnout, i think that the Brothers will use their home-field to their advantage, not to mention their previous 3-0 loss to JP2 as another reason for revenge. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />