Clinton QB Transferring to Maryville?

gator

BB was a very good HS QB, did well, but Maryville would have beat him if he had played at Halls or anywhere else near knotzville!

I'd have to disagree with you there FBE, 'cause it looked to me like Brent willed that 38-30 win against Halls last year. Without him, I think you'd suffered the L in that game and probably in a few more.

Zmellr, though, has his facts a little out of kilter. The Burnettes lived in Maryville when he says he saw him leave from Halls.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a Maryville fan here..First, I would like to say, "I am not bitter" about the Rebels success. Regardless how you build your team, what they have done is impressive. I root for them ever time they take field.

But everyone knows they have a leg up on the competetion in recruting.

I do feel like they need to play in 5a. Don't anyone kid yourself about Burnette either. I watched him leave for school all last year. From North Knoxville (halls). If Mr. Burnette moved to Maryville, his place has not been dusted in a while or he is living in a US postal service PO box.

Why...just why do some people get on a public forum and flat out lie? I don't get it...

Why...just why do some people get on a public forum and flat out lie? I don't get it...

In this case, I would probally have to say "Jealousey" ( however you spell it). Or, it could just be wanting to get a rise out of some one. Sometimes they here rumors and take it as fact.

Who cares, at least Mr. Burnette is walking around with 4 state champ rings and a 60-o record. If I was in high school and acheived that, you could say I lived in San Francisco and I was the Mayor.

In this case, I would probally have to say "Jealousey" ( however you spell it). Or, it could just be wanting to get a rise out of some one. Sometimes they here rumors and take it as fact.

Who cares, at least Mr. Burnette is walking around with 4 state champ rings and a 60-o record. If I was in high school and acheived that, you could say I lived in San Francisco and I was the Mayor.

I have heard that this Clinton kid is one of the best recruits Maryville has ever gotten. Strong arm , very mobile -the works..

I like to get a few jabs in on the Maryville folks. But as always they miss the point and they deflect individuals comments about transfers as just a bunch of bitter fans who are jealous of Maryvilles tremendous success. An objective person would be able to see how Maryvilles ability to enroll transfers and charge tuition has been a benefit to their football program. Would Maryville be good without transfers? Of Course they would. But the good folks of Maryville always need to keep in mind that alot of their success hasn't been the result of homegrown talent but the benefit of transfers from other areas.

I like to get a few jabs in on the Maryville folks. But as always they miss the point and they deflect individuals comments about transfers as just a bunch of bitter fans who are jealous of Maryvilles tremendous success. An objective person would be able to see how Maryvilles ability to enroll transfers and charge tuition has been a benefit to their football program. Would Maryville be good without transfers? Of Course they would. But the good folks of Maryville always need to keep in mind that alot of their success hasn't been the result of homegrown talent but the benefit of transfers from other areas.

HMMMMMMMMMmmmmm.....Got me a thinkin'....

I like to get a few jabs in on the Maryville folks. But as always they miss the point and they deflect individuals comments about transfers as just a bunch of bitter fans who are jealous of Maryvilles tremendous success. An objective person would be able to see how Maryvilles ability to enroll transfers. Would Maryville be good without transfers? Of Course they would. But the good folks of Maryville always need to keep in mind that alot of their success hasn't been the result of homegrown talent but the benefit of transfers from other areas.

r&b63.... With me bein objective and all... eye nevur miss tha point. Jest beecause we haiv peeple wantin' two transfer two our skool for a good edgycashun..Well (with a little help frum me when'st evur possible) ...We cant hep hit that when sumbody moves two Mairvul and paze taxes... We are reqwired by state law two edgycate 'em and let 'em play footbawl if 'un thay want two....As fer as tha "homegrown talent" goes.... Eye heered one of our recent transfer's mammaw wuz frum Blunt countee...And of course, a little Taterade nevur hurt ennythang.... /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

r&b63.... With me bein objective and all... eye nevur miss tha point. Jest beecause we haiv peeple wantin' two transfer two our skool for a good edgycashun..Well (with a little help frum me when'st evur possible) ...We cant hep hit that when sumbody moves two Mairvul and paze taxes... We are reqwired by state law two edgycate 'em and let 'em play footbawl if 'un thay want two....As fer as tha "homegrown talent" goes.... Eye heered one of our recent transfer's mammaw wuz frum Blunt countee...And of course, a little Taterade nevur hurt ennythang.... /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Dude, yer a killin me. Wit yur speelin and awe. Yur piktur in corner is juss perfick two.

There hasn't been one football player transfer to Maryville for educational purposes. Moving to Maryville after the fact doesn't disregard the original transfer. Nor does it mean that a dual residence isn't involved.

Lets further investigate the impact of transfer/tuition students on a Football Program. Back in the early to mid 2000's Knox Central had a great number of transfers and enjoyed a great deal of success second only to Maryville another Tuition/transfer school. Now that Central hasn't had as many transfers over the past couple of years you will notice they aren't experiencing as much success. Last year they didn't even make the play offs and it looks like more of the same this coming year. Regardless of why students transfer to a school the ability to take transfers/tuittion students can be a tremendous boast to the football program. Which both Maryville and Central has taken advantage of over the past years. As always my primary point is simple if schools except tuition students they should be treated like a private school and apply the multiplier. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

There hasn't been one football player transfer to Maryville for educational purposes. Moving to Maryville after the fact doesn't disregard the original transfer. Nor does it mean that a dual residence isn't involved.

Lets further investigate the impact of transfer/tuition students on a Football Program. Back in the early to mid 2000's Knox Central had a great number of transfers and enjoyed a great deal of success second only to Maryville another Tuition/transfer school. Now that Central hasn't had as many transfers over the past couple of years you will notice they aren't experiencing as much success. Last year they didn't even make the play offs and it looks like more of the same this coming year. Regardless of why students transfer to a school the ability to take transfers/tuittion students can be a tremendous boast to the football program. Which both Maryville and Central has taken advantage of over the past years. As always my primary point is simple if schools except tuition students they should be treated like a private school and apply the multiplier. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

r&b63 thair haiv ben severull studunts who transfurred two Mairvul for edgykashunal purpusses...Who unknowed two us.... We lucked up and tha jest happened two end up bein' good footbawl players two... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

r&b63, maybee Sintrull wuzn't lookin' fer good edgykashunall studunts like Mairvul and hit didunt transfur two tha feeled fer 'em as good as hit did fer Mairvul..... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

All so r&b, cents we didunt haiv enny tuition students that started this yeer on the footbawl teem, yore point is moot and Mairvul wuz exactly whur we wuz supposed two bee as usual...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Rednblack63 acts like Maryville is the only school that gets transfers. Powell had some darn good transfers from Central in Lee Smith,Baron Huber and Kenny Cruze. Alcoa has had a few good transfers like Chris Shiverdecker. William Blount had a few like Ronald Osbourne and Aaron Carson. Maryville has gained some but lost some.

Maryville is supposed to have this great big advantage but it sure didn't help Maryville from 1978-1998. Maryville went 20 years without a State Title. In matter of fact from 1987-1997 Maryville only won 1 playoff game. In those 20 years that Maryville didn't win state I saw several 5-5 seasons and several more when they didn't make the playoffs. Maryville didn't make the playoffs in 1980,1983,1985,1988,1989,1990,1991,1993 and 1996. Maryville was 5-5 in 1989,1993 and 1996. The record books will say Maryville was 5-5 in 1990 but they were rally 4-6. William Blount killed Maryville 30-0 in 1990 but had to forfeit that game.

Maryville's biggest advantage they had in the 70s and right now is coaching. Ted Wilson and his staff were great back in the 70s. When those guys left Maryville slipped big time. Right now Maryville has the best coaching staff in the state.