Clinton QB Transferring to Maryville?

gator

Can't blame any kid for wanting to play with a winner or a parent willing to relocate to provide the best development for thier young man. If you think Maryville needs transefers to win you would be mistaken.

Yea, I would say your bitter.

Clinton has a QB? Think he'll have a second to throw it?

Coach Q is athe kind of coach I would want my sons or grandsons to play for.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I'm to blame for this one.

Ol' Starz thought this one was a gimme and he let this be my initial recruiting visit to try to bring him in. He offered ol' Nellie Bellie because he said that was what would catch his eye and pretty much seal the deal, but I was too cocky and thought I could get him on my own since it was going to be so easy. Well, little did I know how much ol' Starz really knew about the recruiting business. I couldn't even get him down here to check out Starz' garbage service.

Hay Solly

Eyes just wonderun if'n starz has said anything bout how fuel costs is effectin the recruitin service... Unless ole nelle belle is one them toyodees it cuud become quite a burden... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Pea Ess : Don't think ewe cuud haul much in a toyodee......

tpoole12

Don't anyone kid yourself about Burnette either. I watched him leave for school all last year. From North Knoxville (halls). If Mr. Burnette moved to Maryville, his place has not been dusted in a while or he is living in a US postal service PO box.

Eye'm callin' B.S. on zmellr. Eye haiv emptied tha Burnette's garbige minny times and watched young Burnette leeve fer skool frum West Mairvul (knightsbridge). They haiv one of the cleenest, most dust free houses eye haiv evur seen two....

tpoole12 pleeze klick on STARSNBARS, go to tha mimbur profile and check my persunall foto. Nellie gits good gas mileage and as you can see, her big flat bed can haul a load..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Eye'm steal lookin' at othur fuel methids fer Nellie...Maybee PooPain..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Not a Maryville fan here..First, I would like to say, "I am not bitter" about the Rebels success. Regardless how you build your team, what they have done is impressive. I root for them ever time they take field.

But everyone knows they have a leg up on the competetion in recruting.

I do feel like they need to play in 5a. Don't anyone kid yourself about Burnette either. I watched him leave for school all last year. From North Knoxville (halls). If Mr. Burnette moved to Maryville, his place has not been dusted in a while or he is living in a US postal service PO box.

Your kidding only yourself. You don't pull for Maryville but are just one of the many who can't wait until the Rebels fall. At least fall in thier minds. Bet you think not winning it all in 08 would be a failure? Recruting? The program like many others recrute its own self. Everyone wants to be apart of a winner but most are not willing to work hard enough to be winners. I have seen many kids in my day who have all the tools but without coaching, hard work and dedication, they may never win the big games as a team. Moving to 5A won't change the way Maryville conducts its business on the field and during practice. Maybe Maryville won't win it all everyyear from this point on, but that don't change the fact they won many games with class and within all of the rules.

BB was a very good HS QB, did well, but Maryville would have beat him if he had played at Halls or anywhere else near knotzville!

Not a Maryville fan here..First, I would like to say, "I am not bitter" about the Rebels success. Regardless how you build your team, what they have done is impressive. I root for them ever time they take field.

But everyone knows they have a leg up on the competetion in recruting.

I do feel like they need to play in 5a. Don't anyone kid yourself about Burnette either. I watched him leave for school all last year. From North Knoxville (halls). If Mr. Burnette moved to Maryville, his place has not been dusted in a while or he is living in a US postal service PO box.

well zmeller , i have been to the home in MARYVILLE , and they do live there. but would it really matter. these kids out here in MARYVILLE work hard and dedicate themselves fully to PROGRAM , they are not running around stealing horses and beddin' faculty and all that other stuff , now they are just kids and i am sure they get into mischief but they come from the cradle knowing what is expected if they choose to play. MARYVILLE never has the most atheltic or talented players but they have the most disciplined and dedicated imo. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Is Maryville a better or more succesful program, sure, but I'd say he'd still have been a Division I signee if he'd stayed at Halls. Halls might have won a lot more games with him and Maryville may have lost some he helped win, you never know.

One thang eye do know......Hits hard two git any better than 60-0, during your hi skool playin' days.... /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Zmeller - are you sure YOU live in Halls? Maybe you wanted to win too and moved to Maryville and just forgot? I know the Mr. Burnette and son quite well and guess what - they live in beautiful Blount County.

Maryville's success is not about recruiting. It's about tradition, top quality coaches, and a stellar youth football leauge that raises winners year after year after year.

Now the kicker - I am an Alcoa Tornadoes fan, but we know the Rebels better than anyone out there. Trust me, crying about recruiting, poor officals, moving the Rebels to 5A or any other sad excuse will not change the situation. 60-0 says it all.

Ok.....light my butt up like a roman candle here. I am just being honest. I am not a Maryvile Hater. However, I will be pulling for Alcoa, and any KNOX Co. to beat them. I do have much respect, for the Maryville program. I beleive that Coach Q is a class act and it is obvious he runs a class program. You never hear any negative offenses coming out of this school or football team. Unlike a few we have here in Knox Co.

The reasoning behind me wanting to see Maryville's streak come to an end is pride in my county's football. I hope you guys from Blount Co. can understand, because you have great pride in your county's football. Just like any other programs that hit rough times, players are not as likely to want to be apart of it. Hopefully, Knox Co. would be able to retain a few of the players that move to the Maryville area. On the other hand, I would love to move my kid to Maryville just so my son could get the quailty of a better education. That is one more thing that Maryville seems to do better than Knox Co. also.

Just being honest here. Not trying, to start a border war here.

Nothing wrong with that post Kidstaxi.

Maryville does have great tradition. But! Maryville has a great program now because of that great coaching staff. George Quarles and his staff are the best in Tennessee Bar None. Those men not only know football but they are all great men. Every coach on that staff know how to deal with kids. Every coach on that staff get along great. What I like about George Quarles is he is very humble. Most coaches with his record would be so arrogant. They would be a self promoter like the Hoover,Al coach that was on MTV. Quarles is nothing like that.

Maryville is blessed with great kids. Maryville may have a few D1 players every now and then. But! Most of them Maryville kids are Blue Collar kids all the way. Those kids buy into the system all the way. Every senior class will have great leadership. They don't want to be known as the class that couldn't get it done. My nephew was a senior on one of the 2 George Quarles led teams that didn't win state. It still bothers him today.