AAA State Tournament

UnivOfUntouchable

Yep and all my predictions are going to plan...Bartlett and Farragut won and I told you guys Mt. Juliet and Oakland didn't have to dominant pitching to survive in the winner's bracket and if they made it to the losing bracket there's no way they'll do it. I'm definitely sticking with Bartlett. It'll be a good game between them and Science Hill but Bartlett's going to win. And it stinks for Mt. Juliet and Oakland because one of those two talented teams will be going home tomorrow morning. Personally I don't like either of them so yay. And if they do find a way to win four in a row it'll be the Middle Tennessee Miracle.

And Farragut will own Ravenwood tomorrow. Just like they did with Lincoln County. And all that remains is who will play for the right to lose to them in the semifinals.

Oakland and Mt. Juliet both just had tough luck losses, how you can deduce that it was because of poor pitching Ill never know and how you can show a dislike for either program ill never know either.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mt. Juliet is a district foe of my alma mater Smyrna and Oakland is basically kryptonite to Smyrna (we lose to them everytime) so that's why. I think it's called rivalry.

And I didn't deduce that from one game I said MJ/Oakland didn't have the dominant pitching long before those games started. They don't. They both have like one really good pitcher like we did. That's really all you need to make State is one really good pitcher honestly...the way it's set up teams that don't have but one ace can make it because they can throw them in the Region Semis and Sectional Game on short rest. That's how we made it in 2007. But in fairness we had more than Sonny that year. We had Rhoad, who won our only State tourney win. And Egerton who saved that game.

And besides I've seen MJ firsthand. We nailed their ace Cothem for five runs in the first two innings of our first meeting; their bats saved them and that's the only reason they won is because they could mash. And if they run into a good pitcher they'll lose. That's what happened the next day when we threw Sonny.

Well yeah that's the other thing...I'm not upset over that alot but I mean come on...it's like if Smyrna played at home in the tournament last year. You know the crowd has to be partial to Oakland. Play the tournament at places where they aren't being used by a team still in tournament play. Oakland's a nice park but there are plenty of other parks to play it at. Next year probably won't be an issue because of MTSU's park being completed.

I'm not leaving sorry to disappoint you...

And so what about Smyrna? I could care less it's in the past.

I'm just stating my opinions on here; you guys can either accept them or don't. I don't care. I'm stating my mind that's what this is for. Just because I have different views on the game doesn't mean I'm wrong and should be exiled.