Same old Story

Indian

First day of state baseball

Jackson Christian 5, Rockwood 4

Lipscomb 7, Ripley 0

USJ 7, Gibbs 0

Goodpasture 10, Marion County 0

Summertown 9 Friendship Christian 0 (wow, one win by a public)

First day of state softball

Goodpasture 8, Chester County 0

Trinity 2, Whitwell 0

Friendship Christian 10, Midway 0

No, it's not just a football issue.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First day of state baseball, games played so far:

Jackson Christian 5, Rockwood 4

Lipscomb 7, Ripley 0

USJ 7, Gibbs 0

First day of state softball, game played so far:

Goodpasture 8, Chester County 0

No, it's not just a football issue.

Wait until the a/aa soccer scores roll in. OH Wait, They're all private schools at the tourament in the Boro. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Wait until the a/aa soccer scores roll in. OH Wait, They're all private schools at the tourament in the Boro. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Do some research first. Station Camp, Madison and White House Heritage are all Public and are playing in the A/AA tournament today.

2 observations -

1. The same topic is started by someone every Spring.

2. Indian, think about why private schools tend to do better in sports like baseball and softball plus soccer, golf and tennis . I believe it is because of travel teams in baseball, softball and soccer - golf and tennis fall in the category of "country club" sports. The cost of travel teams means that private school athletes are more likely to participate travel team programs. Does the fact that athletes from one school play on a travel team while athletes from another school don't mean that it is unfair?

1-Yes, that's why the title is Same Old Story

2-You make it sound as if no players outside urban areas play club. Whatever the reasons, the results speak for themselves and have turned the baseball and softball tournaments, in A and AA, into a joke.

1-Yes, that's why the title is Same Old Story

2-You make it sound as if no players outside urban areas play club. Whatever the reasons, the results speak for themselves and have turned the baseball and softball tournaments, in A and AA, into a joke.

1. How many private schools won championships in football or basketball this year? Did you hear private schools whine about that?

2. I said "private school athletes are more likely to participate travel team programs." Can you give a better explanation?

You should be happy now. USJ lost in baseball and tennis today and Jackson Christian getting beat last report. Now we can prepared to get slaughtered on the football field by lineman that have 50 lbs on us every night due to multiplier and all shall be well in your world.

Day 2 Baseball

Friendship Christian 7, Rockwood 6

Jackson Christian 9, Summertown 8

Bolivar 4, Lipscomb 2 (a public win)

Day 2 Softball

Goodpasture 3, Unicoi County 0

Trinity 6, Cornersville 1

4-1 so far today, 11-2 so far in two days. Does an .846 winning percentage, even with some teams multiplied, not prove a change is needed? It's more than who wins the state, I'm talking about the classifications as a whole and it's an overall bad mismatch whatever the reasons.

USJ lost to Goodpasture.

What we are talking about is a select few teams with dominance, not all privates. It is always the same privates in baseball. That is just like any other PUBLIC school that builds a program and exerts dominance. Take Farragut and Bartlett as two examples - especially Farragut. I would put them in the same category in terms of dominance as I would a Goodpasture and USJ. They've all built great programs.

Isn't that the explanation that is given by Alcoa and Maryville folks regarding their foosball teams? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Do some research first. Station Camp, Madison and White House Heritage are all Public and are playing in the A/AA tournament today.

Online, You are 100% correct I made a mistake.. Sorry bout that. Oh by the way the 3 public schools in the state Tourny a/aa lost in the first round.

But let me add this...I am not for the split. When it comes to soccer someone mentioned in an earlier post about travel teams being the factor why private schools do so well , and I totally agree with that. But there will come a day (sooner than later) that soccer travel teams will be coached by blue coller Dads/Moms that are not in it for the money (so to speak) and that will be when the public teams will catch up.