Spring Fling - Major Ripoff

greenergrass

$7 dollars a game for each session. That was 2 sessions today. $5 dollars to park. It would cost a player's parents $109 dollars just to get in the gates to see their kid play the whole tournament. The parking fee is ridiculous - especially when they charged people who parked off campus and tried to walk to the game. Can you spell R-I-P-O-F-F-?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$7 dollars a game for each session. That was 2 sessions today. $5 dollars to park. It would cost a player's parents $109 dollars just to get in the gates to see their kid play the whole tournament. The parking fee is ridiculous - especially when they charged people who parked off campus and tried to walk to the game. Can you spell R-I-P-O-F-F-?

its all about the green. sadly.

You'd think there would be a tournament pass or something. I thought the same thing when I was reading the info on the TSSAA website.

You'd think there would be a tournament pass or something. I thought the same thing when I was reading the info on the TSSAA website.

when we played in state in memphis we had to pay for parking for both sessions so at least they cut that expense out...i know its expensive but basketball is the same way

I think it is the best think going. To see my son play and get a chance to win the state is great. I would pay double.

everone is not watching their son plsy.......they are watching friends and friends of friends. I complained last year about charginjg 2 and 3 yrs olds 7.00 to get in and play behind the bleachers. The cost of a hamburger and coke at MTSU was 8.00. I parked in a neighborhood and walked to the field so I didnt pay. paying to park is for convenience. I will do that when the time comes and I cant walk.

everone is not watching their son plsy.......they are watching friends and friends of friends. I complained last year about charginjg 2 and 3 yrs olds 7.00 to get in and play behind the bleachers. The cost of a hamburger and coke at MTSU was 8.00. I parked in a neighborhood and walked to the field so I didnt pay. paying to park is for convenience. I will do that when the time comes and I cant walk.

At Blackman High School, some kids parked in an empty school parking lot across the street from Blackman and walked over to the game. The Nazi parking attendant would not even let them into the parking lot unless they paid to park. Not right at all. We later find out that the host school gets to keep all the parking revenue. The Blackman parents working this venue have not been very cordial or impressive.

Amen on charging a 3 yr old. Talk about ridiculous. I would like to hear someones justification for that. Just proves to me that it is all about the money.

What about charging a player? Lookout Valley had to pay for 2 players(in uniform) because they weren't given enough passes. Later they were told by the TSSAA representative "all you had to do was ask I could have gotten you more". That would have been great if he had been present on the first day & first game of the tournament at the MTCS site.

Also from my understanding baseball and softball have to cover for Soccer, Tennis and all the other crappy sports that don't bring in revenue.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I heard South Pittsburgh recieved $30,000 in compensation for playoff expenses during football. They played all home games until the Championship. Explain that. They say football brings in more money and that is their excuse. You are telling me all the District , Region, Sectionals, and State Playoffs in baseball doesn't make more. More Games + More "Sessions" + More venues + charging toddlers and players + Parking = TSSAA stinks.

And to Mr. "I would pay double to watch my son play in the State" I agree as long as the money is returned to my sons program who's school has to fund their whole trip. Even a small percentage would be a better gesture than the excuse they were given 2 years ago that they had to put up Soccer scoreboards so they could let Mufreesboro host the Spring Fling. If you can't keep up with a boring 2-1 soccer game some other way then bring it back to the Chattanooga area where Baseball and Softball rule.

Now how many of those championships in softball and baseball will be going back to Chattanooga!

Amen on charging a 3 yr old. Talk about ridiculous. I would like to hear someones justification for that. Just proves to me that it is all about the money.

What about charging a player? Lookout Valley had to pay for 2 players(in uniform) because they weren't given enough passes. Later they were told by the TSSAA representative "all you had to do was ask I could have gotten you more". That would have been great if he had been present on the first day & first game of the tournament at the MTCS site.

Also from my understanding baseball and softball have to cover for Soccer, Tennis and all the other crappy sports that don't bring in revenue.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I heard South Pittsburgh recieved $30,000 in compensation for playoff expenses during football. They played all home games until the Championship. Explain that. They say football brings in more money and that is their excuse. You are telling me all the District , Region, Sectionals, and State Playoffs in baseball doesn't make more. More Games + More "Sessions" + More venues + charging toddlers and players + Parking = TSSAA stinks.

And to Mr. "I would pay double to watch my son play in the State" I agree as long as the money is returned to my sons program who's school has to fund their whole trip. Even a small percentage would be a better gesture than the excuse they were given 2 years ago that they had to put up Soccer scoreboards so they could let Mufreesboro host the Spring Fling. If you can't keep up with a boring 2-1 soccer game some other way then bring it back to the Chattanooga area where Baseball and Softball rule.

I also saw a coach have to pay for some of his own players in uniform to get in the game. The gatekeepers absolutely were not going to let them in the game without paying. What is wrong with these people? If I were taking tickets at the gate, that would be one time where common sense would have to rule over "rules". The TSSAA needs to do a better job in instructing these workers in common sense and goodwill.

Now how many of those championships in softball and baseball will be going back to Chattanooga!

Agree on the 3 yr olds. They should only start charging at school age or even 12 yrs and older. Most under 12 are there to play themselves.

Bad thing was several lights were out on the field for the night game. Doesnt TSSAA stop counting $ money enough to make sure the facilities are in proper order?

your team must have gotten beat thats why you are mad about spending your money to watch your child play at the STATE. Alot of team and parents don't even know or will ever get to know to thrills your are enjoying this week.

Just cut back on the extra packs of cigs or cut back on one six pack and you have the $5 buck you are upset about.