Greeneville Greene Devils

DevilFan77

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Cap1, where do you think Develfan77 is getting his info from?

I couldn’t tell you /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> …but I’m starting to believe he was the one who booked the location for the scrimmage. By the way was it supposed to be at Tusculum, Greeneville High, or Greenville Middle? And is there really a New Field? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

I couldn’t tell you /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> …but I’m starting to believe he was the one who booked the location for the scrimmage. By the way was it supposed to be at Tusculum, Greeneville High, or Greenville Middle? And is there really a New Field? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Man I hope so Cap...woke up most of the summer to the sound of construction....I just hope the new rug matches the faux-brick paint on the field house.

I don't have any pics but i guess i should been out there all summer. For all of that have visited burley stadium the visitor side was always hard to get to now there is a sidewalk with 3 flights of steps. Brick columns and black iron fence surrounds the entire field. Yes the field house was painted and tried to match up to the brick color on the high school. There is only one scoreboard now its in between the fieldhouse. The landscaping is amazing all the rocks have been removed for the most part and replaced with various types of plants. At the back of the fieldhouse holly trees have been planted so in a few years its should look like a hedge. The field will have GREENE in the south endzone and DEVILS in the north. AT midfield is a GHS logo. That should cover it all without any pics.

The field was moved down eight yards towards the old cemetary. The field has come a long ways since starting back around april. The turf is top of the line as pointed out earlier. Although the thing thats gonna hurt most is hitting the ground with all the rock thats underneath. I think when people see the end product they will be very pleased

I'll miss that old messed up corner as part of the field.I'll have to come down and check the field out when were not playing in Kingsport.I remember big Ramond Perry playing for the Devils.It seems like he was about 6' 2'' and around 240 . Ran a 4.6 and benched the world.I know your young D will still hit somebody

I'll miss that old messed up corner as part of the field.I'll have to come down and check the field out when were not playing in Kingsport.I remember big Ramond Perry playing for the Devils.It seems like he was about 6' 2'' and around 240 . Ran a 4.6 and benched the world.I know your young D will still hit somebody

And he is a wonderful soft spoken minister and great husband and father now. But he was the man in his day.

And he is a wonderful soft spoken minister and great husband and father now. But he was the man in his day.

I had heard he was a minister now. Everybody in the country wanted him when he was a senior.I think he hurt his neck during that year and I don't know if he played college or not.He was a warrior ,just like Doug Malone in that same class.Doug played nose and center.Doug was sick before and during one game and still played both ways through it all.

I had heard he was a minister now. Everybody in the country wanted him when he was a senior.I think he hurt his neck during that year and I don't know if he played college or not.He was a warrior ,just like Doug Malone in that same class.Doug played nose and center.Doug was sick before and during one game and still played both ways through it all.

Scholarship player at ETSU, but they say he lost his passion for the game in college. He was actually moving on to more important things that he valued.

Raymond is a great man. He is my pastor. He is still a very large strong fellow.