Dobyns Bennett Football 2008

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to THS and the Viking blood runs DEEP in this household /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ! Sorry to disappoint. My son ended a successful high school carrier in 06’ (05’ football season), but pasted the piton to his younger brother (my step son) which plays WR and CB for the Vikings. Unfortunately this is our last tour and I have no problem saying that nothing short of playing in the State Championship would put an exclamation point on this experience more so than to take the Tribe down on their own turf…literally!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

My question “what position does your boy play” points more to the comment you made to Comp on the “The Viking Schedule” thread. My first reaction was that you obviously have Comp mistaken for someone else because as a Viking we have had to deal with his son for three years straight now and IMO you won‘t find many that manifests intensity, sportsmanship, and the dedication to his craft along with exhibiting a way more than “average” skill level than he does. I would like to think that you simple have he and his son mistaken for someone else, but just the same I would say you owe them a big apology. I know that all of this on CoachT is all in the spirit of competition but a personal attack like that is considered crossing the line…at least in my book it is. Comp and I don’t agree on everything (and probably wouldn’t admit it if we did) and have had several testy exchanges here on CoachT, but my respect for he and his son and their accomplishments and what it took to get to this point is enormous. And I have no doubt that the feeling is mutual. When I read your comment it really touched a nerve and I have to admit that I was poised to put the Cap on backwards and commence to rippin you with insults, so I know how easy it is to get caught up. But I didn’t go there because I’m sure after reading some of your other posts that it was either a case of mistaken identity or an emotional slip of the tongue. Either way I think you owe an apology.

By the way for the record…IMO…had Comps son bumped his head and decided to go to DB this year there would only have been one thing standing between him and a starting position from what I saw in the scrimmage….and that would be the phenomenon you know as CS. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Comp if I can make a statement on here without it being declared banter to the nerdy clipboard(tricitysportsfiend) I will try to clear the air.When I asked Comp if his boy had signed I thought I knew who he was.I was, and still under the impression that he is a South parent who I know.Cause he acted like he knew me,if not my bad.But he inserted his opinion on a couple of players that hit a nerve on me! Whatever accomlishments that his son has reached I'm proud for him.Most people don't put their kid at DB cause they think they don't have a chance of starting,that's a fact.If he is not who I think he is I appologize.When u didn't come back to me when I asked u if u played at DB and if u son was a running back u never came back,like I hit the nail on the head.Whatever.Didn't mean to make u mad.U might pop a cap in me Also u have shed some light on who comp is to me.Yes it was mistaken ID.I guess if I had a son who could run like that I would be in awl of CS also.His son and mine have bump heads a few times.

I wish the Kingsport Times-News would do write ups on DB's scrimmages so they could dispell all this chatter that is unnecessary. Cap1, as the one who started this thread and would like to see it stay free of pointless banter, unless you have much to say about the substance of the scrimmage or the field, don't speak. Your first opinions and comments on this board are appreciated, since then it's become rather annoying. I'm sure some would agree. To all parties, drop it. As storied as the football programs of Kingsport and Bristol are, it would be nice to see that we show each other the same respect that we in Kingsport show Oak Ridge, another great, if not bigger, rival.

My questions for clarification at this time, answer only if you have factual or intelligent information to add:

1) Sterling Throp has transfered to Sullivan North and is eligible to play for the Raiders this season?

2) What, if any, impact does Throp's departure have on the Indians?

3) Ashlon Adams has transfered to Dobyns Bennett from Science Hill and is not playing football for the Tribe, opting to focus on playing basketball at DB?

4) The remaining Dobyns Bennett scrimmages are: @ Knox Central on Tuesday, August 5th and Maryville @ Carson Newman on Tuesday, August 12th?

5) Who looks to challenge the Indians in Region 1-5A for the #1 seed in the playoffs?

6) Is Coach Watson still the Indians defensive coordinator or did he retire?

Thanks.

Good post!

1. From what i've heard, he is at North, and is eligible to play. I know his dad, he's a good guy, and way too smart to let him transfer where he can't play.

2. The impact of not having him in the secondary may not be all THAT bad. Yes he's a good athlete, but we have some good speed ready to step in.

3. This one a still a ? As of yesterday don't rule anything out.

4.Yes on the 1st one...but didnt we scrimmage Maryville there last time? why not up here this time?

5.My opinion, this is a good team in the making....the 1st 4 games will tell us just how good. If we start 4-0 lookout

6.Still the best defensive coordinator in the state, still there...and hopefuly there for a long time.

These comments are of my own opinion, and does not contain /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> any factual, or intellectual information! lol

Comp if I can make a statement on here without it being declared banter to the nerdy clipboard(tricitysportsfiend) I will try to clear the air.When I asked Comp if his boy had signed I thought I knew who he was.I was, and still under the impression that he is a South parent who I know.Cause he acted like he knew me,if not my bad.But he inserted his opinion on a couple of players that hit a nerve on me! Whatever accomlishments that his son has reached I'm proud for him.Most people don't put their kid at DB cause they think they don't have a chance of starting,that's a fact.If he is not who I think he is I appologize.When u didn't come back to me when I asked u if u played at DB and if u son was a running back u never came back,like I hit the nail on the head.Whatever.Didn't mean to make u mad.U might pop a cap in me Also u have shed some light on who comp is to me.Yes it was mistaken ID.I guess if I had a son who could run like that I would be in awl of CS also.His son and mine have bump heads a few times.

You’re alright with me Plowboy. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Now back on topic. I have a question…why all the concern with transfers. Could it be that the DB hopefuls’ sense that the stables are thin and are wishing on a prayer that one of these superstars decide to come in and possibly give the Indians some much needed DEPTH at the skilled positions?

That's a nice story coach T has on the opening page.I wish it had brought up the fact that Roop is starting at Dog Back however.It kind of left him out in the cold as a backup.I'm just going back through this thread for things that I might have missed or just to waste a little time at work today, and watched the coaches vid on youtube that was posted. How is that tied in to the team,will it help pay for the coaches show or whats the deal ? The other vid I was not sure if it was safe for my computer to go to the sight,so I passed.Has anyone heard for sure about the two brothers yet?

The "coach's vid" is not a video produced strictly for youtube entertainment. It is a real commercial filmed for Diane Hills of Town & Country Realty. At some point it will begin airing on TV and I am sure will run on the Graham Clark Show. She supports DB football and the coach agreed to film the commercial for her. He has filmed other commercials in the past for other DB supporters. Why is this one drawing so much attention?

You’re alright with me Plowboy. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Now back on topic. I have a question…why all the concern with transfers. Could it be that the DB hopefuls’ sense that the stables are thin and are wishing on a prayer that one of these superstars decide to come in and possibly give the Indians some much needed DEPTH at the skilled positions?

I think u hit it rite on the head.Alot of folks like to think that their kid has a position locked up.GC plays who he thinks is the best at the time.The article on the front page is good.Bo Burton and Duran Fergunson both played SS in baseball then were QBS on the football team.As GC put it athleticism. Oh too much banter going on here Cap.I looked up the word (cause Iain't that smart) and u know what banter means? try-joke,kid,rag,fun,jest,teasing,exchange,give-take,debate,discussion,and small talk as one of faithful put it.I thought that was what we got on these threads to do.Have fun.Some of these stiff necked social elite are trying to make these boards into ? I'll let u answer that one Cap. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Its like this every single year, people transfer in and people transfer out. Like I said before this is the third straight year of the Anderson boy from Gate City rumor and the second straight year of the Pinkston rumor. I don't think your catching on to what is going on here CAP. These people are just pulling your chain. With the guy comming from Johnson City I think it was a Basketball decision and his parents probably figured DB was the better school for their son. I really don't know why you think the stables are thin and there is no depth at DB. We might have fewer overall players on the team this year but we have actually had to many in the past. 80 players is plenty for a high school team as there is no point in having 20 more players that will never set foot on the field so to speak.

Judging from your previous post you have made it to see one DB scrimmage and you have determained that DB is low on depth and thin in the stables. I think you are suffering from "wishfull thinking". Just about everyone I have talked to that goes to almost all DB scrimmages are saying DB looked better in the Halls scrimmage than any scrimmage in the past 5 years. So your not going to convince anyone at DB that our Stables are thin or we don't have depth. We are stronger than ever.

Its like this every single year, people transfer in and people transfer out. Like I said before this is the third straight year of the Anderson boy from Gate City rumor and the second straight year of the Pinkston rumor. I don't think your catching on to what is going on here CAP. These people are just pulling your chain. With the guy comming from Johnson City I think it was a Basketball decision and his parents probably figured DB was the better school for their son. I really don't know why you think the stables are thin and there is no depth at DB. We might have fewer overall players on the team this year but we have actually had to many in the past. 80 players is plenty for a high school team as there is no point in having 20 more players that will never set foot on the field so to speak.

Judging from your previous post you have made it to see one DB scrimmage and you have determained that DB is low on depth and thin in the stables. I think you are suffering from "wishfull thinking". Just about everyone I have talked to that goes to almost all DB scrimmages are saying DB looked better in the Halls scrimmage than any scrimmage in the past 5 years. So your not going to convince anyone at DB that our Stables are thin or we don't have depth. We are stronger than ever.

I never said you didn't have a strong team. As a matter of fact I think I said that I thought this years team would do better than last years baring injury. Waco I’m just giving my perspective of what it looks like from the outside looking in. I know that you and many other DBers have the inside scoop and know a lot more about many of the kids on the team and there potential. Like I said before (for whatever its worth) that’s how I saw it from one short scrimmage. I will add this. Halls shouldn’t be a measuring stick for a program like DB with the team they are fielding this year. You will get more of a taste of how things really stack up when you go down to Carson Newman. By the way I know all of these so called “transfers” (Malcolm and Myron Pinkston, Tylee Anderson, and yes Ashlon Adams) and Adams is the only one that is truly attempting to switch up even though he’s the only one that doesn’t have a parent that already resides in Kingsport at this time. The Pinkstons are twins although you would never guess it because they look nothing alike. But I have copies of their birth certificates and I can at least vouch for them having the same birthday. Malcolm is a senior and Myron is a junior at PV and they are both studs. I think Malcolm has been benching over 250 lbs since the 8th grade…and I’m not being funny. Tylee is Mr. Gate City and basketball is truly his sport but I believe he has been the starting QB for Gate City for the last two years. He would be a fool to leave a school that has allowed him to play in two basketball State Championships and at least one football State Championship regardless of what team is stronger head to head. All of these guys have great natural ability, but they all (with the exception of Tylee) have had serious issues with the coaching staffs.

So how’s that for facts Mr. Tricitiessportsdomahicky?!! /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I wouldn't put to much on the scrimmages, other than we were all pretty shocked that DB did so well as they almost never look very good in a scrimmage. DB has always improved from one scrimmage to another and almost always take a huge leap from the last scrimmage to the first game. Also, was DB that much better than Halls or is Halls really that down. I don't think you can tell from a scrimmage unless its played in "game format" and with your starters on the field. Personally I don't care about any transfers coming in. Most people were picking DB to win the conference before any of this side talk started. We'll take them, but we don't need them.