Tennessee High @ Dobyns-Bennett

Ryan is a transfer from the Virginia school system. He transferred when he was in the sixth grade because his father could see that Virginia High school wasn't the place to be if you were pursuing athletics. I tried to talk his dad into being a Viking but the cross town rivalry between Virginia High and Tenn High was DEEP back in his days. Plus not many can stand the SLOW DOWN PACE that the Vikings are known for in basketball (including myself). Long story short…he's pretty athletic; he hit a growth spurt last summer so he has a good frame for a sophomore, and has a true competitive edge because that's how his father has groomed him. I've never seen him run the ball so I don't have the scoop on his speed and agility.

I was told he is a starter and runs a 4.4.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan is a transfer from the Virginia school system. He transferred when he was in the sixth grade because his father could see that Virginia High school wasn’t the place to be if you were pursuing athletics. I tried to talk his dad into being a Viking but the cross town rivalry between Virginia High and Tenn High was DEEP back in his days. Plus not many can stand the SLOW DOWN PACE that the Vikings are known for in basketball (including myself). Long story short…he’s pretty athletic; he hit a growth spurt last summer so he has a good frame for a sophomore, and has a true competitive edge because that’s how his father has groomed him. I’ve never seen him run the ball so I don’t have the scoop on his speed and agility.

I know Ryan and his family well and he is one of the most respectful young men you will ever meet. Ryan ran track this spring at Science Hill and fared pretty well. He is now 6'2 around 170lbs and extremely fast, I don't know an exact 40 time but I've seen him play both basketball and football many times over the past few years and he is very athletic. He has a sort of slender frame, which is normal for a fairly tall kid at his age, but I hear he's benching in the 225 range so he has decent strength. He also just turned 15 so he is rather young compared to other Sophomores. I hope Coach Smith at Science Hill gives him a chance to show what he can do this year, I have a feeling he'll like what he sees.

I know Ryan and his family well and he is one of the most respectful young men you will ever meet. Ryan ran track this spring at Science Hill and fared pretty well. He is now 6'2 around 170lbs and extremely fast, I don't know an exact 40 time but I've seen him play both basketball and football many times over the past few years and he is very athletic. He has a sort of slender frame, which is normal for a fairly tall kid at his age, but I hear he's benching in the 225 range so he has decent strength. He also just turned 15 so he is rather young compared to other Sophomores. I hope Coach Smith at Science Hill gives him a chance to show what he can do this year, I have a feeling he'll like what he sees.

That's good to hear. I agree he and his fam are good people. His dad told me this summer at a b-ball tournament to watch out for him on the gridiron this year...I guess he wasn't jokin. I expect to seem him get significant varsity action on this year’s b-ball team especially with the loss of Ashlon. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Seems like everybody runs 4.5 or under these days. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Waco this is also off the subject but to rewind just a bit…I have to agree with you. The Tricitiessports.com mag is not worth ten dollars. I didn't know how much it cost at first because someone gave us one. I know they are trying to market it as a school fundraiser with the schools getting half of the cost, but ten dollars is steep even for the swimsuit addition of Sports Illustrated. They should try to make their money on volume not by jacking the price up…especially when everything else cost as much as it does. I had to pay 15$ (5$ per person) to get into the jamboree THAT IS RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!! And the guy from tricitiessports was right beside the ticket table wondering why people weren’t willing to shell out ten more for the mag…he was actually upset about it. I would say that it’s time to get a new Sales and Marketing manager!! Give me a call Ron I have plenty of ideas for next years addition that would make them an easy sell out!! Really…I’m not joking.

That's good to hear. I agree he and his fam are good people. His dad told me this summer at a b-ball tournament to watch out for him on the gridiron this year...I guess he wasn't jokin. I expect to seem him get significant varsity action on this year’s b-ball team especially with the loss of Ashlon. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Cap we might have met before. I work at that facility where I bet you watched those basketball tournaments at this summer.

He probably works at the Kingsport Times /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> . In what way was that a waste of his money? Where else would he get any of the information that is in that mag?

I've still not bought one ,are you still laughing /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Is his dad the running back coach at Science Hill??