Tennessee High @ Dobyns-Bennett

Crawford and Sylvester on a deep route will sound a death knell. Remember '06. Bo to Coty. That broke the Vikings will. Big difference between Jr. and Sr. year for someone like Crawford. By game 3 he will be a playmaker.

I expect him to be a playmaker out of the blocks…but not with his arm. And don't forget Crawford to Adams! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> The addition of Ashlon without a doubt makes the deep ball more of a threat.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect him to be a playmaker out of the blocks…but not with his arm. And don't forget Crawford to Adams! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> The addition of Ashlon without a doubt makes the deep ball more of a threat.

I'm not familiar with AA. Some of our people whose boys have grown up playing BB with him speak highly of his athleticism. However, in last years tilt with the 'Toppers he didn't show much in Death Valley. I am well aware that was not his textbook performance. Just have not witnessed his football ability. Not discounting AA but Crawford and Sylvester go back a ways and their timing will be a no-brainer. I was complaining that we played on Friday in JC but it allows me to see your game so now it's all good. Is AA fast?

I'm not familiar with AA. Some of our people whose boys have grown up playing BB with him speak highly of his athleticism. However, in last years tilt with the 'Toppers he didn't show much in Death Valley. I am well aware that was not his textbook performance. Just have not witnessed his football ability. Not discounting AA but Crawford and Sylvester go back a ways and their timing will be a no-brainer. I was complaining that we played on Friday in JC but it allows me to see your game so now it's all good. Is AA fast?

He’s football fast but not track fast. He has a long stride so the quickness and the lateral movement aren’t there. But it goes without saying that he can jump out the gym and the way DB just throws it up for grabs and allows the receiver to make a play on the ball…he’s perfect.

Hey Comp, have you seen the new 08’ Football Preview addition of the Tricitiessports.com magazine?! You may just recognize a couple of the players in the featured pics. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

He’s football fast but not track fast. He has a long stride so the quickness and the lateral movement aren’t there. But it goes without saying that he can jump out the gym and the way DB just throws it up for grabs and allows the receiver to make a play on the ball…he’s perfect.

He is a great looking athlete and is to much for most DB's if he is blocking as well.The part TH will love is the fact that he will still be learning DB's system for a few weeks.Dobyns Bennett is just getting some key players off the injury list last week and this week,so they may not be at 100 percent next week.Our defense was getting worn out after a few times on the field.We have attleast six or eight playing a lot on both sides of the ball.Maryville had to have used 15 to 20 players by the third time their defense left the field.They played both key QB's and got a lot of people in the game on offense early as well. They had many of their second and third team defensive players in the game while we were still going with the same first offense.The reason I know this is because a Maryville fan ask if we had our backups in the game allso.I told him it was our freshman team,''no'' but I wanted to.

Hey Comp, have you seen the new 08' Football Preview addition of the Tricitiessports.com magazine?! You may just recognize a couple of the players in the featured pics. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No. I have of course heard about it. We scrimmage at home this evening and they will be available at the stadium so I imagine I'll see it around 5pm. What a year...it's here. I'll be crying come December. I guess you done been there done that. But it didn't really end for you...he plays at King...is that correct?

He is a great looking athlete and is to much for most DB's if he is blocking as well.The part TH will love is the fact that he will still be learning DB's system for a few weeks.Dobyns Bennett is just getting some key players off the injury list last week and this week,so they may not be at 100 percent next week.Our defense was getting worn out after a few times on the field.We have attleast six or eight playing a lot on both sides of the ball.Maryville had to have used 15 to 20 players by the third time their defense left the field.They played both key QB's and got a lot of people in the game on offense early as well. They had many of their second and third team defensive players in the game while we were still going with the same first offense.The reason I know this is because a Maryville fan ask if we had our backups in the game allso.I told him it was our freshman team,''no'' but I wanted to.

Chill out there alittle.WE were still trying to find our 1st. string offense.We were in and out on 3 downs at first.Ur boy is going to play.Maybe not at fast as u want him in there.Give GC a chance to find out were he needs people.Everybody wants their kid in the game.

No. I have of course heard about it. We scrimmage at home this evening and they will be available at the stadium so I imagine I'll see it around 5pm. What a year...it's here. I'll be crying come December. I guess you done been there done that. But it didn't really end for you...he plays at King...is that correct?

He played at King for two year but is transferring to ETSU this year. He plans to sit out this year and tryout for next year’s team with two years eligibility left. Long story made short…he was told that King would become NCAA DII but it’s obvious that’s not going to happen in his lifetime. He turned down other offers out of high school and was passed up on others because of his close relationship with Burns. He always wanted to play at a higher level than King…so who am I to discourage that. As a father it’s hard to see him walk away from a full ride, but I don’t want to be to blame when it comes time to looking back at what could have been. As long as he continues to do well in school it’s alright with me. He’s a competitor AND he can play, so I have no doubt that if it can be done he will do it.

Chill out there alittle.WE were still trying to find our 1st. string offense.We were in and out on 3 downs at first.Ur boy is going to play.Maybe not at fast as u want him in there.Give GC a chance to find out were he needs people.Everybody wants their kid in the game.

That's not my angle,I'm talking about depth all over the field.I think we are set at most of the starting jobs.

That's not my angle,I'm talking about depth all over the field.I think we are set at most of the starting jobs.

I read a post that said that DB had about 8 players going both ways. What part of that equation equals “depth in most of the starting position”? Now normally 8 players going both ways in this part of the state is not a real big deal, but when you’re talking about a team that fields almost 90 players every year...your depth is suspicious at best.

I read a post that said that DB had about 8 players going both ways. What part of that equation equals “depth in most of the starting position”? Now normally 8 players going both ways in this part of the state is not a real big deal, but when you’re talking about a team that fields almost 90 players every year...your depth is suspicious at best.

I think it read 6 to 8 playing a lot on both sides of the ball.Either way,Db needs some people to be more ready to step into a game at any point. The new player will bring depth to this team on both sides in time.What I saw was Maryville making wholesale substitutions early on. Just keeping players fresh with a break here and there would be real big in an important game. I'm not pushing for anybodys son to see the field either,but I can see players sucking wind while a fresh team runs by them.