Tennessee High @ Dobyns-Bennett

Although defenses seem to have the advantage in season openers, these two running backs will get loose a few times and both teams might catch the other sleeping deep with the past. Should be a very competitive match up. Execution should be better for both teams this year as compared to last year. I give the advantage to Dobyns Bennett, Watson is simply to good at his job. As such:

Dobyns Bennett 17

Tennessee High 14

Halftime

Dobyns Bennett 31

Tennessee High 21

Final

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Batman---------way too much of that stuff in our community. Alot of people that I know pull for DB in the grand scheme. You'd think reasonable people would pull for their neighbors.

Yeah Batman...better watch your back...being a South sympathiser and all. I mean Bud, who is a Delegate, is about as close as a DB'er can get to being a South sympathiser and still be within the Tribe. He will definately support South when the bullets are flying but only if it's not on DB turf. Hey, that's all we can ask for. He is honest. But you...you crossed that line. I mean I'm still checking myself. Anyway, don't worry I do the same with DB.

It is said you are a dentist no?

Yeah Batman...better watch your back...being a South sympathiser and all. I mean Bud, who is a Delegate, is about as close as a DB'er can get to being a South sympathiser and still be within the Tribe. He will definately support South when the bullets are flying but only if it's not on DB turf. Hey, that's all we can ask for. He is honest. But you...you crossed that line. I mean I'm still checking myself. Anyway, don't worry I do the same with DB.

That's Another person,"Bateman".He is a super person and and the QB club president.His older son was an all american in gymnastics at Ohio ST.His son at DB was all conference last year at defensive end and is one of the team leaders this year.I can only hope my sons can be anywhere close to his boys in sports.I can see him posting in a simular way that I do if he was as big a kid as I am however.

I actually used my real name after a couple of well-meaning coworkers got me off the coachT sidelines without my knowledge of what they were doing.Batman was kind of a joke,but anyone that was reading carefully,knows who I am. That's why I try to be honest and at the same time,I'm not scared to have somebody show up at one of my batcaves. My blood in Green,but I'll pull for my kids nomatter what colors they play ball in.Oh,by the way,I know two or three of the posters as well but I'll let them keep their mask on. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I actually used my real name after a couple of well-meaning coworkers got me off the coachT sidelines without my knowledge of what they were doing.Batman was kind of a joke,but anyone that was reading carefully,knows who I am. That's why I try to be honest and at the same time,I'm not scared to have somebody show up at one of my batcaves. My blood in Green,but I'll pull for my kids nomatter what colors they play ball in.Oh,by the way,I know two or three of the posters as well but I'll let them keep their mask on. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have to agree,u do sound like our leader Bateman.But Dentist don't have time to be on coacht do they? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I saw a little bit of practice yesterday and Coach Stubbs is crackin the whip!! Any correction that he made he would tell the player what he wanted to see and then follow it up with a personal demonstration of how he wanted to see it. It didn’t matter if it was a down linemen or a running back. He has got to be in great shape.

I wanted to dig a little and ask Etfan (or anybody that knows) about the “Watson blitz package”. The one thing that DB does that could be very disruptive to the THS O is that constant shooting of the gaps with the LBs and DEs.

I saw a little bit of practice yesterday and Coach Stubbs is crackin the whip!! Any correction that he made he would tell the player what he wanted to see and then follow it up with a personal demonstration of how he wanted to see it. It didn’t matter if it was a down linemen or a running back. He has got to be in great shape.

I wanted to dig a little and ask Etfan (or anybody that knows) about the “Watson blitz package”. The one thing that DB does that could be very disruptive to the THS O is that constant shooting of the gaps with the LBs and DEs.

shh Cap, thats' our secrete weapon /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I have to agree,u do sound like our leader Bateman.But Dentist don't have time to be on coacht do they? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

He is a much nicer person then I am as well.He could make time to be on coachT but I'd say he is a little more mature than myself.

I saw a little bit of practice yesterday and Coach Stubbs is crackin the whip!! Any correction that he made he would tell the player what he wanted to see and then follow it up with a personal demonstration of how he wanted to see it. It didn't matter if it was a down linemen or a running back. He has got to be in great shape.

I wanted to dig a little and ask Etfan (or anybody that knows) about the "Watson blitz package". The one thing that DB does that could be very disruptive to the THS O is that constant shooting of the gaps with the LBs and DEs.

Cap, I know you wanted to hear it from an Indian but you got a Rebel. They sent 5 minimum and 7 maximum depending on the field position. Which is irrelevant because we did not have any field position except for once. They sent their fastest people gambling on speed to allow them to get to Curt before he could react. And seeing Keenan bobbles the ball before he gets to scrimmage I would be concerned. There are a few things that would work well in that scenario but execution is the key. You are aware we were not. That will make a difference. I see Watson putting a twist on it just for you. They are gonna know what potential holes Keenan will hit and that will be their concentration. I don't think they will be swayed with sending a couple of deep routes because they will bank on it being a decoy. You must throw the ball coming out of the gate and continue to do so and then make a move. I stand on my original prediction.

Cap, I know you wanted to hear it from an Indian but you got a Rebel. They sent 5 minimum and 7 maximum depending on the field position. Which is irrelevant because we did not have any field position except for once. They sent their fastest people gambling on speed to allow them to get to Curt before he could react. And seeing Keenan bobbles the ball before he gets to scrimmage I would be concerned. There are a few things that would work well in that scenario but execution is the key. You are aware we were not. That will make a difference. I see Watson putting a twist on it just for you. They are gonna know what potential holes Keenan will hit and that will be their concentration. I don't think they will be swayed with sending a couple of deep routes because they will bank on it being a decoy. You must throw the ball coming out of the gate and continue to do so and then make a move. I stand on my original prediction.

What was your original prediction? And did it make any difference whether he was under center or not?

What was your original prediction? And did it make any difference whether he was under center or not?

The original prediction was 13-8 Vikings. There will be turnovers. D will tell the tale. And since we did not have the presence of mind to adjust way back then going under center can only be a guess. However, Watson knows Stubbs will not run the Spread. And he thinks he will not throw the ball.Your trump card will be what you will more than likely do and that is to roll out and throw a sideline route. Rolling out and throwing to the backside will devestate them. But you got to look at who was coming...Throp, Papas etc. It's a coaches game. But then against DB it always is. One more thing, I don't think playing on turf will bode well for the Vikings.