Tennessee High @ Dobyns-Bennett

After seeing the the jamboree tonight Tenn high is in trouble next Thursday. I'm sure you will have a good year in your conference but you are not worry to step on the turf at J Fred. South will walk through the conference like a knife through hot butter. To bad we won't get to play them this year.And for your so called best runningback in the area, if he keeps running straight up through the middle he's going to get hurt. He might be fast but he is not strong enough to pound the ball. If Tenn high has a chance they better learn to pass pretty quick.Sorry to be so blunt but it's the truth.

Let me put things into prospective for ya 91. Last year in the jamboree THS barely scored on Unicoi in the closing seconds of the quarter that they played…and even botched the extra point. The following week they played a DB team that went two games deep in the 5A playoffs to 5 points. Two games later they beat that same Unicoi team 31 to 12 (6 of the 12 I’m almost certain were during 4th quarter trash time). If this was the corner pub and we were playing pool instead of football…I would have to say YOU JUST GOT HUSTLED. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tennessee High Ran about 4 plays tonight at the jamboree and Coach Stubbs said they put those plays in yesterday in the rain. You will not see a Stubbs coached team run every play out of the gun.

Hope both teams strap it on next week because they will be some hits with Tennessee Highs big fullback and with DB's Sensabaugh.

Will be a fun game to watch next week.

I wish both teams luck, and as always hope no one is injured.

Little off subjest ,but who did Johnson Co play and how did they fare.

They played Unicoi County. They had the ball most of the quarter but failed to put it in the endzone. I can't really say how they fared. Most teams don't show much in a jamboree; It's just one big tease. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I believe, however, South made a statement in the jamboree. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Let me put things into prospective for ya 91. Last year in the jamboree THS barely scored on Unicoi in the closing seconds of the quarter that they played…and even botched the extra point. The following week they played a DB team that went two games deep in the 5A playoffs to 5 points. Two games later they beat that same Unicoi team 31 to 12 (6 of the 12 I’m almost certain were during 4th quarter trash time). If this was the corner pub and we were playing pool instead of football…I would have to say YOU JUST GOT HUSTLED. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Did THS lose or tie North in the '06 jamboree as well?

I haven't seen a DB scrimmage so I won't attempt to dissect the Dobyns-Bennett team or make a point-based prediction. However, considering the Viking injuries, the starters returning for DB, and the atmosphere at J FRED, the Vikes will be the heavy underdogs going into this matchup.

I haven't seen a DB scrimmage so I won't attempt to dissect the Dobyns-Bennett team or make a point-based prediction. However, considering the Viking injuries, the starters returning for DB, and the atmosphere at J FRED, the Vikes will be the heavy underdogs going into this matchup.

'04 or Cap, you guys ever hear of Ryan Mitchell for the 'Toppers?

Nice try,but DB has it's troubles as well.We have had two lineman come back in the last couple of weeks and it will take time for them to get into shape,another key injury may factor in as well.The loss of a few seniors who were going to play, will be hard to overcome.With the 1972 Vikings being talked about so much in the last month or two,no big underdog will march into J Fred.

Nice try,but DB has it's troubles as well.We have had two lineman come back in the last couple of weeks and it will take time for them to get into shape,another key injury may factor in as well.The loss of a few seniors who were going to play, will be hard to overcome.With the 1972 Vikings being talked about so much in the last month or two,no big underdog will march into J Fred.

I'm not trying to fool anyone, just giving my opinion.

Pendleton, starting fullback, won't be back until around the North game. He was also expected to contribute on defense. Wilson and Greene may or may not be ready by thursday.

I don't know what the '72 Vikings(are they playing next week? /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ) has to do with this year but if this team is as good as them, posters on this board wouldn't have to tell you. You could read about it on rivals or in the USA today. No Viking team has held a candle to the 1970-72 teams.

I'm not trying to fool anyone, just giving my opinion.

Pendleton, starting fullback, won't be back until around the North game. He was also expected to contribute on defense. Wilson and Greene may or may not be ready by thursday.

I don't know what the '72 Vikings(are they playing next week? /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ) has to do with this year but if this team is as good as them, posters on this board wouldn't have to tell you. You could read about it on rivals or in the USA today. No Viking team has held a candle to the 1970-72 teams.

Don't forget a very good 73 team

'04 or Cap, you guys ever hear of Ryan Mitchell for the 'Toppers?

Ryan is a transfer from the Virginia school system. He transferred when he was in the sixth grade because his father could see that Virginia High school wasn’t the place to be if you were pursuing athletics. I tried to talk his dad into being a Viking but the cross town rivalry between Virginia High and Tenn High was DEEP back in his days. Plus not many can stand the SLOW DOWN PACE that the Vikings are known for in basketball (including myself). Long story short…he’s pretty athletic; he hit a growth spurt last summer so he has a good frame for a sophomore, and has a true competitive edge because that’s how his father has groomed him. I’ve never seen him run the ball so I don’t have the scoop on his speed and agility.

This has nothing to do with Tennessee High or Dobyns Bennett but has anyone had a chance to look at the Football insert in the Kingsport Times News . Have a look at The Ervinton Rebels from Ervinton Va. They only have 13 players on the roster with the first player listed as Kody Mckinney at 5'2" & 80lbs. Last year Ervinton only had 17 players and actually won 1 game over Twin Valley 32-12. They don't even have enough players to practice. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />