Tennessee High @ Dobyns-Bennett

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking. If D-B can win all these mythical state titles, why can't we win mythical games with them!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> So, we won last year vs. them, oh let's say 45-0, and I'm pretty sure we can get 'em this year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I'll predict 46-0.

I'm not sure when DB ever claims they won a mythical state championship, but if you say we do then we must. Cause us DBers are so arogant and boast about fake state championships some south guys thinks we have. Whatever helps you sleep at night man

i toatly agree i mean when do we make these claims because my whole life i have never heard any DBer say something about a state title but i mean look at south they did so well with there D1 player they tore everybody to shreds.................... oh wait no they didnt DB beat them 44 to nothing so remember when you get on here that you are messing with the Dobyns Bennett not just some podunk 4a school..... we are the real deal the big dawgs of Kingsport

Looking for big things out of Keenan this year. The increase in strength should serve him well. Also thought it was interesting in that article that Coach Stubbs said the QB competition was still ongoing. Had been hearing Harmon was working with the secondary.

Harmon was working with the secondary. I don't know if that's going to be his full time position or if the coaching staff is trying to place the best overall players on defense to help offset the loss of several starters.

I am confused here. Isn't Canty more of a running quarterback? Wouldn't that make him a better athlete. It seems to me it makes way more sense to play him at corner or WR and let Harmon play QB. I was always a fan of if 2 players are equal or very very close you give the spot to the younger guy because it helps him build for future years also. Maybe thats crazy talk though. I don't see the score being as high as people are picking, these 2 teams will always have good defenses. I would be surprised if either team scores 28. I just really hope both teams stay injury free, these are the 2 teams from this area who have the best chance of going deep in the playoffs, they both got cold weather backs who are bad dudes. Best of luck to both.

DB-21

THS-14

I am confused here. Isn't Canty more of a running quarterback? Wouldn't that make him a better athlete. It seems to me it makes way more sense to play him at corner or WR and let Harmon play QB. I was always a fan of if 2 players are equal or very very close you give the spot to the younger guy because it helps him build for future years also. Maybe thats crazy talk though. I don't see the score being as high as people are picking, these 2 teams will always have good defenses. I would be surprised if either team scores 28. I just really hope both teams stay injury free, these are the 2 teams from this area who have the best chance of going deep in the playoffs, they both got cold weather backs who are bad dudes. Best of luck to both.

DB-21

THS-14

I don't know. Maybe they need Harmon at cornerback more than they need him at quarterback. They only have a few players returning on defense, only one starter returning to the secondary. Is there a possibility that Harmon will start on defense and maybe rotate with Canty at qb?

I don't know. Maybe they need Harmon at cornerback more than they need him at quarterback. They only have a few players returning on defense, only one starter returning to the secondary. Is there a possibility that Harmon will start on defense and maybe rotate with Canty at qb?

Again this year the QB position is MC’s to loose (as he almost did last year during post season). That’s probably the reason for Coach Stubbs comments about making a decision after the scrimmages. Both MC and TH are intelligent and thrive off of competition. Either one could lead the team very effectively. The Vikings wouldn’t loose much one way or the other. AS LONG AS WE PICK ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This whole thing is sad to me. MC could challenge for any starting spot on the field (except maybe Keenen’s) but at an early age his POPS wanted him to play QB. Don’t get me wrong he’s got skills at QB, but he would and could have made just as much of an impact at almost any other position. TH is a QB like I have said before, but he is caught behind the eight ball (no pun intended /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ) in that while his QB skills are also excellent, they’re not enough to overshadow the UPPERCLASSMAN and the potential that MC brings to the table. Who knows…had they been in the same class maybe the coaches would have squashed this back in junior high school. JMO

TH will do well at any position he is asked to play. But sitting a competitor like him on the bench as a backup is ludicrous. I’m sure the coaching staff will do all they can to utilize his talents this year. BTW…can he punt or kick the ball?

Again this year the QB position is MC’s to loose (as he almost did last year during post season). That’s probably the reason for Coach Stubbs comments about making a decision after the scrimmages. Both MC and TH are intelligent and thrive off of competition. Either one could lead the team very effectively. The Vikings wouldn’t loose much one way or the other. AS LONG AS WE PICK ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This whole thing is sad to me. MC could challenge for any starting spot on the field (except maybe Keenen’s) but at an early age his POPS wanted him to play QB. Don’t get me wrong he’s got skills at QB, but he would and could have made just as much of an impact at almost any other position. TH is a QB like I have said before, but he is caught behind the eight ball (no pun intended /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ) in that while his QB skills are also excellent, they’re not enough to overshadow the UPPERCLASSMAN and the potential that MC brings to the table. Who knows…had they been in the same class maybe the coaches would have squashed this back in junior high school. JMO

TH will do well at any position he is asked to play. But sitting a competitor like him on the bench as a backup is ludicrous. I’m sure the coaching staff will do all they can to utilize his talents this year. BTW…can he punt or kick the ball?

That is what I am saying. It would seem to make more sense to me to make Canty a receiver and or defensive back and just let Harmon wing it. They both have strong arms, but it is silly to have either one looking over their shoulder all the time. And since Harmon will only be a junior it seems to make sense that you start him and get him experience and have a great Senior campaign. While Canty is used as a playmaker at receiver or safety or something.

That is what I am saying. It would seem to make more sense to me to make Canty a receiver and or defensive back and just let Harmon wing it. They both have strong arms, but it is silly to have either one looking over their shoulder all the time. And since Harmon will only be a junior it seems to make sense that you start him and get him experience and have a great Senior campaign. While Canty is used as a playmaker at receiver or safety or something.

MC is being recruited as a QB so it would most likely be career suicide to change up at this point, and the coaching staff has to take that into consideration. I know a coaches first rule is to make the best decision for the TEAM, but when the alterative doesn’t hurt the TEAM I feel and it seems Stubbs and crew also feel the players future should be the next objective. You have to take your hat off to them because it has to be tempting to map toward the future. It is unfortunate for TH but he will more than likely get big shine next year and do just fine.