Tennessee High @ Dobyns-Bennett

MC is being recruited as a QB so it would most likely be career suicide to change up at this point, and the coaching staff has to take that into consideration. I know a coaches first rule is to make the best decision for the TEAM, but when the alterative doesn’t hurt the TEAM I feel and it seems Stubbs and crew also feel the players future should be the next objective. You have to take your hat off to them because it has to be tempting to map toward the future. It is unfortunate for TH but he will more than likely get big shine next year and do just fine.

Cap, I think you offer as good an explanation to this QB debate as I've heard.

Although I feel the offense would be more potent with TH at QB, I don't think the senior QB MC played poorly enough to warrant taking the job away from him. Although I rarely get to see practices, I actually thought his game performances were pretty solid for most of the season last year if you take away the playoff performance against Volunteer. I just hope they get TH on the field somewhere he is too much of a talent to have on the sidelines holding a clipboard.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to call this one really. Both teams have great running backs, plenty of speed and athletes. Probably will come down to coaching or a turnover to deside the outcome. I think Tennessee High wins their conference this year.

DB - 14 1/2

THS - 14

Without Pendelton at Saftey, thats a big loss, but I think Aaron Bishop will step it up.

I think THS over DB 28-21

and what is with the 14 1/2?

you guys are crazy thinkin this is ur year to beat DB, this is a way different team than you played last year, much more athletic in in the skill positions, and TN high has yet to meet chris sensabough. DB 28 TN High 10

Chris.. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ..Sensabough? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I honestly don't recall predicting a Viking victory, but hey, trash talk makes for a much more interesting thread.

You never know how a team will respond during the first game of the season. Some teams come out of the gate slow,the 2007 DB team for example.The early games were very hard and that was a major factor last year.I really don't know how our offense and defense will match up against TH this year.From all I have heard,Tennessee High should give South a run for their money.

You never know how a team will respond during the first game of the season. Some teams come out of the gate slow,the 2007 DB team for example.The early games were very hard and that was a major factor last year.I really don't know how our offense and defense will match up against TH this year.From all I have heard,Tennessee High should give South a run for their money.

Dont even compare south to DB, just because TN High can beat South this year doesnt mean that they could even copmpete with DB

Dont even compare south to DB, just because TN High can beat South this year doesnt mean that they could even copmpete with DB

I believe I compared TH to South.I don't get into all that hate South stuff.South has a very good team and coach.I think GC has total respect for the program at South, or he wouldn't do the 7on7 every year. We are the winningest team in the state and have 13 state championships,it's hard to compare many schools to that ! The team we'll see tuesday and the team we will see next week have got a pretty good history in the sport however.