HAMPTON VS. ONEIDA

Hampton has played 2 quality ball teams, alot of new starters and alot of mistakes. If the defence can improve and the offence can cut down on the mistakes, I believe they have a good chance of winning the rest of their games. Ialso believe Oneida is the best team in region 2 and if Hampton will grow up they could compete with them in the playoffs. The talent and size is there, some of the kids just have to man up and play to their potential. I also think a win or two might help the moral. Its always the darkest right before dawn.

As for Oneida, good job and as expected ,you guys played you;re hearts out and did it with class,hats off. I also think there is a decent chance you could see Hampton again in round 3. Glad there was no injuries and I hope you guys get home safe.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these the best 2 teams in the East this yr? Sounds like it was a good game.

The verdict is still out ,but In my opinion, there is only 2 other teams that I would give much of a shot. Have to see a little more out of these other teams. I could easily see these 2 in round 3.

Man I hate to tell you, but Oneida has to travel to the dog pound this week, . 3 hour drives are hard on a team. get up and go to school, then drive half day. I think Hampton takes this one easy/ you look at last years games Hampton get the win at Oneida after a missed extra point and afield goal, but when they drive to Hampton It was a 14 point game.and I was told that Oneida had 6 or 7 not dressed out last week, a couple more go down during the game. , so I say 21 7 the dogs

Oh---------------------Muledog

I know you travel all over and you just state the facts.

I know you said " when push comes to shuve Oneida's offense can't score points"

Normally I wouldn't do this because it seems I am being a poor sport , but it seem like you enjoyed bashing Oneida.

I know when I predicted Oneida would win both games and you disagreed with me , you said I was predicting with my heart and not on facts.

Well just for the record Heart 2 and 0

Facts o and 2

would you like to make a prediction on next weeks game , Or does Oneida just not have a chance again!!!!

For Hampton You all played a good game , and I beleive it is very likely we will meet again in november.

Normally I wouldn't do this because it seems I am being a poor sport , but it seem like you enjoyed bashing Oneida.

I know when I predicted Oneida would win both games and you disagreed with me , you said I was predicting with my heart and not on facts.

Facts o and 2

would you like to make a prediction on next weeks game , Or does Oneida just not have a chance again!!!!

For Hampton You all played a good game , and I beleive it is very likely we will meet again in november.

Congratulations Coach Lambert and the Indians.

the game tonight was as i predicted 26 - 14 which is pretty cool, but i never thought it would be close even after hampton scored first, oneida is too much for hampton this year hampton has to much inexperience at certain places and once oneidas o-line started playing hampton couldnt stop oneidas running game... when it was 26-7 it seemed like oneida just put it in cruise control and laid back for a while i think it could have been a little more lopsided of a score but good luck to hampton for the rest of the year and .... its time for coalfield now

Great job out there tonight Indians!!!Was it just me or was there some hits out there tonight for BOTH teams.WOW!!!

I am glad that we finally got that monkey off our back.Hampton you all played an exceptionally well game.Good luck with the rest of the season and maybe we will meet up again.

Again, Congrats to Coach Lambert and his staff and players.Job well done!!

Pujo, the only thing missing was the "anthem". What happened to it?

Great job out there tonight Indians!!!Was it just me or was there some hits out there tonight for BOTH teams.WOW!!!

I am glad that we finally got that monkey off our back.Hampton you all played an exceptionally well game.Good luck with the rest of the season and maybe we will meet up again.

Again, Congrats to Coach Lambert and his staff and players.Job well done!!

Pujo, the only thing missing was the "anthem". What happened to it?

You are not the only one who was disappointed in not hearing the "anthem". Sad to say but HHS has a new announcer and he obviously doesn't know the program...we were spoiled for the past 20 years or so I guess. Congratulations to the Indians, you guys are a very good team and a class act. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Great job by both teams. Still some things to work on. This is why you don??™t play cupcakes. I know Coach Lambert has a few things circled to fine tune. If the Indians will stay focused and learn from the coaches, they will be an extraordinary team as the season rolls out. Exceptional job for a hard, week 1 road trip.

I hope the Hampton fans will stay behind those boys. That??™s a very tough crew there. Just need some experience. I completely expect to see a much improved Hampton team in the playoffs.

Hampton fans were awesome, as expected. My only complaint was the ref??™s calls on both teams! Jeeez, where did that crew come from? Last time I saw that much laundry I was a bachelor. Anyway, I know Oneida left Hampton last night a better team and will hopefully continue to improve. Good luck to the Bulldogs. I hope you guys win out in Reg 1.

Facts o and 2

The season is still young and it is a long season, I don't think I would be Calling for Hotel rates at the boro ,yet. Your

The season is still young and it is a long season, I don't think I would be Calling for Hotel rates at the boro ,yet. Your

Muledog

I think you are trying to get off the subject.

I never said we were ready for south pitt .............................Yet.

Thats ok muledog , you don't have to admit you were wrong, cause I will do it for you.

Oneida can only score on teams everyone beats up on????????

No-one is going to beat up on Hampton or Rockwood this year. both are quality teams.

I think Rockwood proved that last night against midway!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll bet , you are not to quick to predict this weeks score .

NOTE.....don't put alot into what the newspapers print early in the season.

they usually go on last years teams. I think everyone agrees this is not last years team,

Ok . I think I made my point ,

I don't mean to run it in the ground.