Franklin at Ravenwood

dwg03

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You mean defensive genius Coach Donnie Webb? That man works wonders" (direct quote from jrpfhs21) Seriously Get off Coach Webb's Jock, If Donnie Webb is such a "wizard" then somebody really needs to show me his rings. Because last time I checked Coach Rector has your hallowed coach beat in that category (and last time I checked...that was how the rest of the world judged greatness). Im telling you right now plain and simple Coach Rector is gonna have his boys ready, and they will be bringing it every play all night long.

It sure seems to me that every single game prediction has the Raptors at least putting up 3 touchdowns (that is 21 points for you Franklin Fans), and if that is the case it appears that no one else in the represented demographic here has any faith in FHS's Defense being able to stop Ravenwood High School when Friday night rolls around.

Has anyone taken into account why Franklin's defense has given up alot of points the first two games? Their competition has been pretty dang good. Hillsboro will be a semi-finalist in 4A while McCallie will be the same in D-2. Franklin has already seen the best two offenses they will see until the post season. No one in the region has an offense close to Hillsboro or McCallie.

Has anyone taken into account why Franklin's defense has given up alot of points the first two games? Their competition has been pretty dang good. Hillsboro will be a semi-finalist in 4A while McCallie will be the same in D-2. Franklin has already seen the best two offenses they will see until the post season. No one in the region has an offense close to Hillsboro or McCallie.

That is very true. It will be a battle between Franklin and Brentwood for the top spot. One of those teams will also make it to the Boro and have a legit shot at a state title.

In defense of my "disertation/ novel" as some "coacht junkie" so elequently put it. I did not take one jab at Franklin's Offense, in fact I almost said the exact opposite statement in alluding to the fact that "Franklin is having to massively outscore opponents to even hope of winning...any offense who has to put up 30+ points per game to win is getting the job done....hands done/ end of disscussion"

But last time I checked Alex Ford (#4) is not playing defense, Kilo Lee (#5) is not playing a single down on defense (and yes they both may run 4.4's (depending on whos stop watch your reading...those of you with bad eyes/ ceberal palsy) but that so-called blazing speed is not playing or helping out on the deensive side of the ball. But with all respect intended they are going to desperately need to continue plutting up excessive numbers/ stats if Franklin has any hope of surviving their region this year.

Tiny Line...come on? #57 and #58 are both 5'10 (or shorter...depending on whosever depth chart your refferring to), and besides being a group of pygmies, #57 looks like nothing but a "round-mound-of-rebound" running around on the field, If Franklin Intends of putting any type of pressure on Willaims, than I hope for their sake they do not plan on doing it with #57 & #80, because those clowns have not/ will not get the job accomplished

Honor Coach Webb?...Trust Coach Webb? stop drinking the FHS Kool-aid, and get out from under your rock. 28 points & 35 points that should really be enough said about that topic. Franklin, the iron curtain has fallen.

And if your were not aware already we beat BA...p.s. (they recruit as well....)

Im pretty sure you stated lack of talent/speed all together, not just on defense. And if you say its in the size of the players, im pretty sure ravenwood had a huge line last year, Maybe that would have helped them make the playoffs.........oops, i guess not. If you look at the opponents we played the past weeks i dont think you could find any tougher of an opening 2 games. just wait till those clowns 57 and 80 are all over your quarterback like your mom on free samples at the grocery store. Youll see

"You mean defensive genius Coach Donnie Webb? That man works wonders" (direct quote from jrpfhs21) Seriously Get off Coach Webb's Jock, If Donnie Webb is such a "wizard" then somebody really needs to show me his rings. Because last time I checked Coach Rector has your hallowed coach beat in that category (and last time I checked...that was how the rest of the world judged greatness). Im telling you right now plain and simple Coach Rector is gonna have his boys ready, and they will be bringing it every play all night long.

It sure seems to me that every single game prediction has the Raptors at least putting up 3 touchdowns (that is 21 points for you Franklin Fans), and if that is the case it appears that no one else in the represented demographic here has any faith in FHS's Defense being able to stop Ravenwood High School when Friday night rolls around.

Ravenwood is gonna need alot more than 21 points, and with franklins stout defense they are not going to get it. you dont have the speed or talent to get 21 ill give u 14 at most. But dont be surprised when franklin puts up 35.

That is very true... Hillsboro has athletes galore and McCallie's offense is a very steady, well-oiled machine that few teams in the state will be able to contain.

I hate to break the news to you kingz615, but BA is not as good this season. Hillsboro thumped BA in a scrimmage this season, and Independence was a couple dropped TD's away from being the first team in WilCo to beat them. Don't be surprised if McCallie beats BA this week.

Franklin's defense has suffered numerous injuries already, but should be getting a starter back by Friday. The D will get better with time... only 1 or 2 starters are returning from last year. Donnie Webb knows what he's doing.

The offense is as potent as ever. Alex Ford is an animal carrying the rock (averaging 9 yds/carry), and Keylo Lee is as smooth as the other side of the pillow. Graham Nichols is a very good QB that has experience. Also, you cant forget about WR Jarriel Eaton. He has stepped up big-time in the first two games.

It will be a very good game & atmosphere at Ravenwood, with Franklin squeaking by once again... 20-17

OK not a bad attempt at a decent commentary. But lets review your history. First it's "Derrien" Waters, secondly Todd Campbell may have gotten a scholarship to UT but he was never an offensive weapon at Franklin! Substitute Joe Bell, John Hewitt, Tony Hammond or Matt Solima well before his name. As to defense, you got those names right and they were all good but in front of them are the names Hotard and Hibbet.

As to hard hitting well I don't know number #48s name yet but I think we all will by the end of the season, and I dare anyone to get down in a three point stance against # 57 w/o a helmet. But you have hit the nail on the head when it comes to the secondary( by the way using terms like hand me down or any other personal derogatory remarks are not permitted on coach T). The average fan can tell that there is some confusion at those positions and yes Hillsboro and McCallie took advantage of it. Can not believe MaCallie did not attempt to more. You also make a great point in that Coach Rector is probably (second to coach Crawford) the best at taking advantage of a vulnerable secondary. Franklin will have to work hard to make improvements there. But when it comes to games like this history(Brentwood , Ravenwood) Franklin finds a way to win!!

kingz615- In kindergarten did you get sent home with notes saying" doesn't play well with others" You sure do seem to have a great deal of pent up frustration you want to take out on these boards with your insulting tone. Perhaps if you were to take up jogging or join an aerobics class you might be able to release some of that hostility in other more productive ways.

Meantime try to stick to facts without as much anger and animosity, would you.

OK not a bad attempt at a decent commentary. But lets review your history. First it's "Derrien" Waters, secondly Todd Campbell may have gotten a scholarship to UT but he was never an offensive weapon at Franklin! Substitute Joe Bell, John Hewitt, Tony Hammond or Matt Solima well before his name. As to defense, you got those names right and they were all good but in front of them are the names Hotard and Hibbet.

As to hard hitting well I don't know number #48s name yet but I think we all will by the end of the season, and I dare anyone to get down in a three point stance against # 57 w/o a helmet. But you have hit the nail on the head when it comes to the secondary( by the way using terms like hand me down or any other personal derogatory remarks are not permitted on coach T). The average fan can tell that there is some confusion at those positions and yes Hillsboro and McCallie took advantage of it. Can not believe MaCallie did not attempt to more. You also meke a great point in that Coach Rector is probably (second to coach Crawford) the best at taking advantage of a vulnerable secondary. Franklin will have to work hard to make improvements there. But when it comes to games like this history(Brentwood , Ravenwood0 Franklin finds a way to win!!

I love the offense that Coach Crawford has put together. Very exciting to watch. Much more exciting than the 3 runs then punt and wait for the other team to lose a turn-over some time in the game.(like we used to do) Our FHS defense has some weaknesses but that is the easiest part to fix. Look to see those adjustments against Ravenwood. Two great defenses get you a 0-0 tie. I'll take the offensive excitement of the FHS running backs and air attack any day.

IMHO, Hillsboro was fortunate to get those last two scores. They had a little "help" with one of them.

Soooo, I believe that it will be a high scoring affair. Franklin in the high 30's - maybe even 40+. Ravenwood in the 20's at best. But like they say, actions speak louder than words. GO REBELS!!

PS: BigDog - you're so right about Campbell. Haven't heard much talk about him @ UT the last 2 years. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Why did I use the term "mentality?"...because Franklin used to be the team that forced low scoring games/ hard-nosed football, but now they have resorted to simply "out-scoring" opponents as opposed to lining-up and playing "Franklin "Power F' Football". If you dont agree, then supply me with the lat time Franklin allowed 28 points in Back-to-Back games???

Well lets see in 2003 Franklin lost to Lincoln county 33-38 in the pit(great thriller) and then beat Columbia 55-37 First two games of the season back to back. Oh yeah we beat Ravenwood 38-0 with our JV that year. Went on to be 11-3 and lost to Germantown in the semis. But I don't think we had Coach Webb that year I believe we beat him at Henry Co. 40-0

Now thats what I wanna see a lil' bit of Franktown Rebel support. Im with Bigdoggdaddy (or however you wanna spell it). #48 (Nick Gordon) is one of the hardest hitters you will ever be able to find (whether he is at D-end or MLB) (keep doin' your thing Gordy) Once again, never have truer words been spoken, "I would dare anyone to line up against #57 (J.D. Jervis) with or without a helmet, I personally beleive that he is one of the strongest/ toughest D-tackles in the region (pound-for-pound). So big-ups to BigdaddyD for pointing out the obvious (no dis-respect)

Kingz615??? did you really take a stab at (#58 Timmy Wilson)? If you did that I strongly suggest that you find a copy of the McCallie game at watch who came up with a huge sack late in the game (check the scoreboard Kingz615...that would be Timmy Wilson)

And I would like to point out while everyone is givin' the Franklin O big "props" at all the skill positions, I would love to ask for a lil' bit of recognition for the Offensive line that has been putting in work all summer/year. To make people like Alex Ford look good. (Mark Jackson#67, Alex Edrenkin (Texas)#53, Andrew Combos #65, Connor Walkup, and Big I)

Whats The Name of the Game!?!?!