TENNESSEE VIKINGS

THSVIKINGS11

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest longhorns51

I have not been to JC. Can any one tell me how far it is from TN high for friday nights game

It takes me about 55 mins but I speed. It should not take you longer than an hour and 30 mins. But that all depends on if you do the speed limit, and if you get caught behind a slow driver around the curves. For all you THS fans good luck around the curves. If you get car sick you better leave early.

I was just curious as to if anybody else thinks Stubbs and Profit have been secretly hanging out with Fulmer and Clawson on the weekends? I was at the game Saturday and if it weren??™t for the fact that I could barely see the numbers on the jerseys /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I could have sworn I was at the Stone Castle by halftime and it was Tennessee High verses North instead of Tennessee Vols verse Northern IL!! Think about it??¦both coaches decided that it was the QBs fault that the offenses weren??™t clicking so they made the change. Then the new QBs came in and played well, but for some reason they STILL couldn??™t put points on the board against weaker opponents. Of course in both situations it most definitely has nothing to do with the PLAY CALLING or the conservative/punk butt (I guess I cleaned that up enough) decisions made on critical downs!! I for one vote that we take the book or pad or whatever our OC is working off of; put it on a Viking ship in Boone Lake; cast it off and catch it on FIRE!! Whatever his game plan is or however he decides to run the plays he runs at the times he runs them??¦IT AINT WORKING. Sometimes I wonder if the person that??™s really calling the plays is even at the game or if Stubbs??™ headset is really a link to Clawson sitting in his family room watching a movie or something while giving him the plays to run. And you know what??¦I don??™t want to hear about all the time the coaches spend looking at film away from their families. And how we don??™t know what goes on at practice. And how the coaches love and care about all the kids on the team and all that ???kombya??? crap??¦I want to see Viking football for FOUR FULL QUARTERS!!! I want to see FIRE coming out of the mouths of the players AND the coaches come game time. I??™m tired of hearing the coaching staff talks about passion on the radio??¦LET??™S SEE IT ON THE SIDELINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

And poor Keenan??¦heck fire??¦his back has got to be killing him after the games from carrying all the weight of the coaches on his back each and every game??¦GIVE HIM A BREAK and GIVE SOME OF THE OTHER PLAYERS A CHANCE TO MAKE PLAYS??¦you may be surprised!!!!! It??™s almost like they are playing craps. I guess they figure that if they run/role him enough; chances are that he will eventually break one??¦that is unless he breaks something else in the process. One more thing??¦not a bad decision to put Wilson deep on kickoff but you have to tell him (coach him) on how to return the kick /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> ??¦don??™t just take it for granted he knows what to do. He looked like a chicken with his head cut off running from side to side. I believe we have what it takes to win this conference and go at least two deep in the playoffs. But the coaching staff is going to have to get out of the box and take some chances on play calling and players if we are to have any chance. They are also going to have to display MUCH MORE EMOTION in public even if it??™s an act??¦especially when the chips are down. The team and the fans will echo!!! Ask Mr./Coach Butcher (assistant principal now)??¦he was a maniac as a coach when I was in school. He use to have the linebackers so fired up they would be crying in the locker room before most games (it was actually kinda funny)! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OMG, Cap1, did you ever hit the nail on the head! I honestly thought that our brilliant coaching staff was going to give the game away in the 2ond half. The head coach said that our offense "kinda got out of sinc" in the 2ond half. Huh? You mean as opposed to being somewhat of a balanced attack (as much as you can call a run 95%, pass 5% balanced attack, which for these brilliant offensive minds is about right) in the first half. By actually mixing in a pass here and there and not having no. 31 run the ball EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY OFFENSIVE PLAY in the first half! He (the head coach) went on to say that "we didn't block our inside gaps very well in the 2ond half" which is why we were out of sinc I guess. Well, if the entire state of tenn knows that no. 31 is going to carry the ball every single time don't you think that all the opposing defense has to do is sellout to the run, sellout to the fact that no. 31 is going to be the ball carrier. I have been a part of this schools sports program for a lot of years now and I don't believe I have ever been as frustrated with the lack of smart, no, lets not even say it's even close to smart, lets say a lack of common sense coaching. We have some pretty good talent year end and year out, some years obviously better than others. Question: what do wee need to improve on our coaching?

I was just curious as to if anybody else thinks Stubbs and Profit have been secretly hanging out with Fulmer and Clawson on the weekends? I was at the game Saturday and if it weren??™t for the fact that I could barely see the numbers on the jerseys /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I could have sworn I was at the Stone Castle by halftime and it was Tennessee High verses North instead of Tennessee Vols verse Northern IL!! Think about it??¦both coaches decided that it was the QBs fault that the offenses weren??™t clicking so they made the change. Then the new QBs came in and played well, but for some reason they STILL couldn??™t put points on the board against weaker opponents. Of course in both situations it most definitely has nothing to do with the PLAY CALLING or the conservative/punk butt (I guess I cleaned that up enough) decisions made on critical downs!! I for one vote that we take the book or pad or whatever our OC is working off of; put it on a Viking ship in Boone Lake; cast it off and catch it on FIRE!! Whatever his game plan is or however he decides to run the plays he runs at the times he runs them??¦IT AINT WORKING. Sometimes I wonder if the person that??™s really calling the plays is even at the game or if Stubbs??™ headset is really a link to Clawson sitting in his family room watching a movie or something while giving him the plays to run. And you know what??¦I don??™t want to hear about all the time the coaches spend looking at film away from their families. And how we don??™t know what goes on at practice. And how the coaches love and care about all the kids on the team and all that ???kombya??? crap??¦I want to see Viking football for FOUR FULL QUARTERS!!! I want to see FIRE coming out of the mouths of the players AND the coaches come game time. I??™m tired of hearing the coaching staff talks about passion on the radio??¦LET??™S SEE IT ON THE SIDELINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

And poor Keenan??¦heck fire??¦his back has got to be killing him after the games from carrying all the weight of the coaches on his back each and every game??¦GIVE HIM A BREAK and GIVE SOME OF THE OTHER PLAYERS A CHANCE TO MAKE PLAYS??¦you may be surprised!!!!! It??™s almost like they are playing craps. I guess they figure that if they run/role him enough; chances are that he will eventually break one??¦that is unless he breaks something else in the process. One more thing??¦not a bad decision to put Wilson deep on kickoff but you have to tell him (coach him) on how to return the kick /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> ??¦don??™t just take it for granted he knows what to do. He looked like a chicken with his head cut off running from side to side. I believe we have what it takes to win this conference and go at least two deep in the playoffs. But the coaching staff is going to have to get out of the box and take some chances on play calling and players if we are to have any chance. They are also going to have to display MUCH MORE EMOTION in public even if it??™s an act??¦especially when the chips are down. The team and the fans will echo!!! Ask Mr./Coach Butcher (assistant principal now)??¦he was a maniac as a coach when I was in school. He use to have the linebackers so fired up they would be crying in the locker room before most games (it was actually kinda funny)! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OMG, Cap1, did you ever hit the nail on the head! I honestly thought that our brilliant coaching staff was going to give the game away in the 2ond half. The head coach said that our offense "kinda got out of sinc" in the 2ond half. Huh? You mean as opposed to being somewhat of a balanced attack (as much as you can call a run 95%, pass 5% balanced attack, which for these brilliant offensive minds is about right) in the first half. By actually mixing in a pass here and there and not having no. 31 run the ball EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY OFFENSIVE PLAY in the first half! He (the head coach) went on to say that "we didn't block our inside gaps very well in the 2ond half" which is why we were out of sinc I guess. Well, if the entire state of tenn knows that no. 31 is going to carry the ball every single time don't you think that all the opposing defense has to do is sellout to the run, sellout to the fact that no. 31 is going to be the ball carrier. I have been a part of this schools sports program for a lot of years now and I don't believe I have ever been as frustrated with the lack of smart, no, lets not even say it's even close to smart, lets say a lack of common sense coaching. We have some pretty good talent year end and year out, some years obviously better than others. Question: what do wee need to improve on our coaching?

Oh...that's an easy one. Balls, guts, nerve /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ..... Do you get the picture? It's not that the coaches don't know what they are doing, they just don't have the (lets just use) Nerve to pull the trigger and when the going gets tough they crawl in that Keenan Shepard shell for protection because he has baled us out many times before. The problem with that is that they have ridden the mule one too many times and now EVERYBODY knows what to expect on 3rd and 8. It??™s almost like they are scared of loosing control of the game for that split second the ball is in the air on a pass or they??™re scared of not knowing exactly how a different player is going to react in any give situation. When Keenan gets the ball you know exactly what he's going to do and how he is going to do it. So he??™s the safe call when we are in the hole. It's a control thing.

Sounds like somebody's little baby boy isn't getting the ball enough. I wish some of you would apply for the coaches jobs. I guarantee you aren't qualified to coach at one of the elementary schools Cap. You wonder why your son(not the current viking) feels like the world owes him something. Its you big boy. You've blown smoke up his butt all his life telling him how great he is and now when its nut crunching time he transfers from a winning program thinking he can play D1. Think about it for one minute. Have you ever gotten along with a coach here. Not Burns. Not Witcher. Not Stubbs. Not Pitts.(King College). When you can't get along with anybody its time to look in the mirror. We're just lucky that your current player is more down to earth than you are.

Get off of the coaches until you prove you can do better.

Oh...that's an easy one. Balls, guts, nerve /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ..... Do you get the picture? It's not that the coaches don't know what they are doing, they just don't have the (lets just use) Nerve to pull the trigger and when the going gets tough they crawl in that Keenan Shepard shell for protection because he has baled us out many times before. The problem with that is that they have ridden the mule one too many times and now EVERYBODY knows what to expect on 3rd and 8. It??™s almost like they are scared of loosing control of the game for that split second the ball is in the air on a pass or they??™re scared of not knowing exactly how a different player is going to react in any give situation. When Keenan gets the ball you know exactly what he's going to do and how he is going to do it. So he??™s the safe call when we are in the hole. It's a control thing.

Its called trying not to lose and hoping you win=field position and ball control=Stubbs ball some times not a bad statagy..SOMETIMES! bottom line is we need to start putting points on the board.

We have the talent to be a very good passing team(bubble screens and FB screens do not count)But you have to get all your threats involved in the scheme (if there is one) so they can be just that ...THREATS!!! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Basically the OC just needs to grow a pair and quit depending on KS to shoulder the load..30+ carries a game /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> for a high school kid his size even as tough as he runs is just ridiculous.. at that rate he will not last the rest of year...THEN WHATCHA GONNA DO?

Sounds like somebody's little baby boy isn't getting the ball enough. I wish some of you would apply for the coaches jobs. I guarantee you aren't qualified to coach at one of the elementary schools Cap. You wonder why your son(not the current viking) feels like the world owes him something. Its you big boy. You've blown smoke up his butt all his life telling him how great he is and now when its nut crunching time he transfers from a winning program thinking he can play D1. Think about it for one minute. Have you ever gotten along with a coach here. Not Burns. Not Witcher. Not Stubbs. Not Pitts.(King College). When you can't get along with anybody its time to look in the mirror. We're just lucky that your current player is more down to earth than you are.

He just said what the majority are thinking and i don,t have a kid playing /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have tried to stay on the positive side during these tough times of the season. However, the only way I could be positive is by staying quiet. Hense, there have been little adjustments thus allowing for success when the vikings play against the big boys i.e. real 4A programs. However, THS does not usually see these teams until playoff time. So if you want a big pat on the back for pushing around teams that should be playing in single A conferences, have at it. Just remember what is waiting for you on the other side of the tunnel. Enough of this for a minute!!! I've heard alot about the injury reports during the year. However, the Vikes continue to win. First, I want to give some recognition to the players that have stepped in and played their hearts out to keep this team above surface. WELL DONE GUYS. The problem is you never hear who these guys are. These guys should be in order to get some ink for a big story. Does any body know the name/s of the players who is keeping the ship sailing ? Now, back to you Bearslayer. It seems every time something is said about the coaches and/or coaching mistakes/decisions you come riding to the rescue. Perhaps you should change you post name to Dudley Do right . You always seem to ride to the rescue at the last minute!!! I feel like you crossed the line in this post!! If you have a problem with Cap it should stop at that. Burns, Whitcher and Stubbs are all big boys. Let them fight their own battles big boy. However, the big bearslayer choses to pick on a 20 year old kid and use him as an example to get a "one up" on a fan who pays the same amount of money to attend the games as everyone else. With this being the case, Cap has the right, within appropriate guidelines, to voice his opinions whether they are positive or negative. However, I feel he presents some very solid questions that perhaps should be entertained. In addition, you have questioned his football knowledge. The fact of the matter is that you exposed your own lack of knowledge. It validates the fact that you attend the games, but, you do not see or watch them. By the content of you post, you must spend 48 minutes taking names of those who say anything negative about the coaches. I, also, find it unnecessary that shepard has to tote the rock 30 - 40 times a game when there is other outlets of talent and speed on the team. I can only imagine how this kid's body feels after the games. Also, This has to be the worst secondary in the history of the school. I bet if you asked the real coach of the d-backs to stand up, he would crawl under his seat. I bet if you asked the real play caller to stand up, the d-back coach would be exposed because the playcaller would push him out of the way making room for himself under the same seat. Cold hard facts: In the field coaching, there has always been and always will be criticism of knowledge and coaching decisions. The attendance of these games cost money to which the schools seem to never turn down. If you want to control the fans, put your money where your mouth is and buy all of us a ticket. More so then that, I usually eat some popcorn, pizza, and throw down a couple of soft drinks. Who does this money support? Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sure you have the answer!!! I suggest, for the coaches, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. And for Bearslayer (Dudley Do Right), check your heart, It seems a bit tender to be looking for bears.

I feel I should offer some insight. Your offensive coordinator, Coach Wampler, coached at Anderson County years ago, winning a state championship (maybe 2, I'd have to check). He had the talent to run his offense to perfection, i.e. 60% pass and 40% run. A few years after those state championships, he became the head coach at his alma mater, Sullivan North. He could not run his offense with the talent the Raiders had, so he simplified. While at Sullivan North, his teams had trouble holding on to leads late in the fourth quarter, and, often times lost games when leading the majority of the game. Now, Coach Wampler is at Tennessee High with the talent he needs to run his offense, 60% pass and 40% run, however, from my observations it appears he is still on the Sullivan North playbook. Coach Stubbs already is a conservative head coach, this is dually noted. His offensive coordinator only compounds the problem in the second half when leading. Here is the kicker...

Last Friday night, I attended the Sullivan North @ Tennessee High game with some friends who graduated from Sullivan North and spent two seasons with Coach Wampler at the helm. Sadly, my friends were calling Tennessee High's plays from the stands. In the second half, they were especially tickled because they knew Coach Wampler would sit on the lead and call plays that would not allow the Vikings to lose, in which case Keenan Shepherds shoulder gets banged up. When I asked them why, since Tennessee High has a wider array of talent and speed than Sullivan North ever did when they played, Coach Wampler would call such a conservative second half, they simply said he always seemed afraid to make the key mistake that could potentially cost the game. Risk, it seems, Coach Wampler does not like to take. Compound that problem with Coach Stubbs conservativeness, and it leads to complacency. The result? An offense that is one dimensional and a reliance on the defense