Dobyns Bennett @ Oak Ridge

After tonight, we should have a better understanding of what both teams are made of. Thus far, the Indians and Wildcats are 2-0 and 1-0 respectively with Dobyns Bennett defeating Tennessee High 42-13 and William Blount 42-6, while Oak Ridge defeated Knox Fulton 21-13 last week. According to high school football rankings for Class 5A put out by the Associated Press earlier this week, Dobyns Bennett is ranked #3 in the state while Oak Ridge is ranked #8. Respect, history, and tradition are major components shared between these two schools and, most notably, their communities of Kingsport and Oak Ridge. High school football doesn??™t get much better than this.

I understand this thread is a bit premature, so I suggest saving any lofty comments for next week??™s game until later tonight after Dobyns Bennett @ Bearden and Oak Ridge @ Bradley Central. It will save us all from eating crow. Post game comments for either of these games in relation to next weeks game would be great.

Art, could you give me some information about the rivalry (ex. how many years have these schools played each other, the overall win/loss records, the similarities between the schools, and any other interesting information you have)? Thanks in advance. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Roll Tribe.

Atomic Bowl 2008 ??“ Friday, September 12

Dobyns Bennett v. Oak Ridge

7:30 p.m. @ Blankenship Field

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After tonight, we should have a better understanding of what both teams are made of. Thus far, the Indians and Wildcats are 2-0 and 1-0 respectively with Dobyns Bennett defeating Tennessee High 42-13 and William Blount 42-6, while Oak Ridge defeated Knox Fulton 21-13 last week. According to high school football rankings for Class 5A put out by the Associated Press earlier this week, Dobyns Bennett is ranked #3 in the state while Oak Ridge is ranked #8. Respect, history, and tradition are major components shared between these two schools and, most notably, their communities of Kingsport and Oak Ridge. High school football doesn??™t get much better than this.

I understand this thread is a bit premature, so I suggest saving any lofty comments for next week??™s game until later tonight after Dobyns Bennett @ Bearden and Oak Ridge @ Bradley Central. It will save us all from eating crow. Post game comments for either of these games in relation to next weeks game would be great.

Art, could you give me some information about the rivalry (ex. how many years have these schools played each other, the overall win/loss records, the similarities between the schools, and any other interesting information you have)? Thanks in advance. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Roll Tribe.

Atomic Bowl 2008 ??“ Friday, September 12

Dobyns Bennett v. Oak Ridge

7:30 p.m. @ Blankenship Field

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Good advice Tri, as Cap and I still have plenty of crow sauce leftover from couple week ago /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

DB 25

Bearden 7

at Halftime

It has been an interesting first half for the Indians. Bearden returned the opening kickoff. Bearden has thrown a few interceptions and had a fake punt attempt fail. DB has scored points off all Bearden turnovers. DB bobbled a snap on a failed PAT and failed on a 2-point conversion try. The Indians don't seem to be having problems moving the ball through the air, is tough at times on the ground. Sylvester has played, but sparingly, thus far. Mitcham has made a 33 and 28 yard field goal, a real bright spot. Defense has not allowed Bearden on the DB side of the 50.

More updates later.

Latest update I have on the Oak Ridge game:

Oak Ridge 14

Bradley Central 0

in 2nd quarter

DB 31

Bearden 14

Final

The second half had both teams giving up touchdowns. DB had another PAT miscue, with the kick being blocked. Turnovers occured for both teams. Nice road win for the Tribe.

Oak Ridge 28

Bradley Central 14

Final

It appears the Wildcats took care of business. Any feedback from the game is appreciated.

This should be a good test for both teams.We are getting deeper by the game and a great Oak Ridge team with nothing on the line will help us even more. The defensive backfield played well last night I thought,and our own passing game was great as well.Adams is the difference maker that we needed this year,he is such a threat that everything can be opened up on our offense.We may very well be a top five team right now,and this weeks game can let us see where we are ,and what is lacking

DB big in this one, 42-7. Oak Ridge will have to play a perfect game just to make this one close. DB has too much experience, depth and power for our young team. This one could be worse than 2006.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Your Insane in the Membrain. You over did it in you attempt to install overcofidence in the Indians. At least make it seem possible. This is Oak Ridge and DB we're talking about. Its a home game for Oak Ridge. Get real! I say DB pulls it out with a field goal with less than 30 seconds to go in the game. (I hope)

DB - 23

OR - 21