Dobyns Bennett @ Oak Ridge

Well here's one S.S. Sissy that gives Big Ed's two thumbs up! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> It's been there for at least 20 years that I know of. I haven't been to OR in a couple of years but I'd recommend the AMVETS for pre game drinks on the other end of town. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Is the Garden Plaza still in business? Cozy little place for a cold one too. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Is the Lifter's Club still in business? Used to lift there some while in college. Ole Rex was a good one. But, seriously, Big Ed's is THE place to go!

Hey Volman, whats the solution at UT? Are you a fulmer/Chavis fan? I'm for the Vols, but I think a change is looooooooong over due.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Big Eds is about 40 years in Oak Ridge. Used to sell 1,000 pizza's a day on Saturdays and 40 kegs of beer a week. (600 gallons) Don't know if that is still accurate, but it was in the 70's.

Ole Dad

Well here's one S.S. Sissy that gives Big Ed's two thumbs up! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> It's been there for at least 20 years that I know of. I haven't been to OR in a couple of years but I'd recommend the AMVETS for pre game drinks on the other end of town. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Is the Garden Plaza still in business? Cozy little place for a cold one too. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Is the Lifter's Club still in business? Used to lift there some while in college. Ole Rex was a good one. But, seriously, Big Ed's is THE place to go!

anybody got a report on #32 Sensabaugh and #2 Sylvester?

Roll Tribe Roll

Good Practice Today All Wounded Bodies are back on the field, Take away the Run Fear the Pass, Take away the Pass fear the run. Sensabaugh full Speed today He can't wait to get out of the cage & run /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Roll Tribe Roll

DB 35

OR 14

Actually, Big Eds is about 40 years in Oak Ridge. Used to sell 1,000 pizza's a day on Saturdays and 40 kegs of beer a week. (600 gallons) Don't know if that is still accurate, but it was in the 70's.

Ole Dad

Thanks Ole Dad.

HEY Dad, you seem to be in the OR know, just wondering was the all time rushing leader Booker or Spencer G. ? Im not even going to attempt to spell it haha! Those were 2 great running backs.

It seems Coach Clark is really trying to establish the run early in the games so far this year. The Tennessee High game didn't open up until we went to the spread, nor did the Bearden game. I understand the point, hope it continues to pay dividends later in the game.

Chris should return to practice this week. I, personally, wouldn't play him this week just to give more time for his elbow to heal before Jefferson Co. I'd let him practice though, just not play.

I hope that Jamie gets a lot of work with the passing game friday night.I hope Roop gets some reps when it counts as well. Having different people at running back for the first three games has really given us some depth there.We're not real deep at a few places,but none are more important than your 2ed QB being ready to play if the starter needs a break.

Two more days and we will start to see where this DB team is .

Ole Dad

Hey you have convinced me,where is Big Eds located ?

I will go down early Friday and indulge. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Corey Booker held the al time leading rusher record for 2 years and Spencer Gulmire broke Corey's record his senior season. As for what the players see and read on here, if they don't like what is said on here then go out and prove me and the rest of the people wrong. Go out and give DB everything you got and make this game one of the classic games in this rivalry. I hope they take what they read on here and use it as motivation. As for Xs and Os DB looks to have the edge on defense against a weaker offensive Oak Ridge line; Oak Ridge is at a disadvantage with an offensive coordinater who struggles to call plays to sustain a drive let only put points up on the board. DB also looks to have an edge on offense against a weaker defensive line and linebacking core. Don't let Oak Ridge's 2-0 record fool you. Their first game was against a young and struggling 3A team and a weak Bradley Co. team. If DB can control the ball on offense and smash oak ridge in the mouth on defense the Wildcats will be in for a very long night.

DB-35

OR-7

Well hey guys, havn't talked to you all since I was playin some high school ball last season. This season looks to be very interesting. This is IMO the best high school football game, until OR plays DB again in playoffs. But would make it even better is if somehow instead of playing 1st or 2nd round in playoffs if this could be for the State Title!!! Now talk about a game OR vs. DB for the state title!!! Won't happen but anyways. I think a key thing that is going to be a disadvantage for OR's Defense is the loss of Zach Zulliger. He' was outstanding as a sophomore as Safety and was playing very well this season until a knee injury took him out. But still even without Zulliger, I know OR's defense isn't just gonna roll over. I can see a very low scoring game until half way through the third quater. I think then we'll see some scoring. But anyone that knows OR and DB football knows that this is always a tough game. I highly doubt a blowout. I think im one of the only people on this board that has personally worked and played with this OR football team, and their no pushover. I dont know if were going to come back to doing things on offense that obviously aren't working but we'll see. Being a OR wildcat and playing in that DB game, theres nothing like it! And the great thing about the game is, come end of the game no matter what the score is, both teams will line up, shake hands and have respect for each other. Now being a collegiate athlete, it gives me even more respect for that team and how they composed themselves! Looking forward to a great game guys!!! O and isnt that boosters tailgate for alumini???

O forgot about this, I can see OR 35, DB 34 All due to Kung ###### Panda(If the AD for OR reads this he gets it!) Busted the line!

Big Ed's is right across from the Ship, on the corner of Tennessee Ave. and Georgia Avenue. Get there real early.

Thanks alot ORidgeKat. I believe we will leave early Friday and check him out. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Looking forward for the smoke, and train special effects that you all did for us last time down.It is always a pleasure when we come down.No matter who wins this game , I always come home with the upmost respect for your program.Like someone else said,I wish we could play you guys every year at the boro. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Good Luck Friday.