Sullivan South vs. Greenville

UnholyWarcry1

I have not been able to make it back yet to check out Burley's facelift. So I'm not really at liberty to either agree nor disagree with you, but according to word-of-mouth I would say you've hit the nail on the head. BUT...if I were to make a blind assessment, I would have to say that the 08' Greene Devils are going through an identity crisis. Last season it seemed as though we were a team that rested upon a sound defense that would bend but normally not break, and find someway to get our offense back on the field. We probably were not as talented as a majority of the teams we lined up against, but we knew our role within our team and we normally found a way to fulfill it. I think it's just a matter of time until a unit or individual steps up and takes this lead role. There are leaders in that locker and it will happen. Conflict is a true test of unity and has a way of bringing people, especially teams, together.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome game last night Rebels!! You were men among boys! Beedle your strength and leadership on the field was a testiment to the fine young man you are! Spin Dr, once again you defined the term "skilled position"! What was most impressive is the TEAM effort going on out there! Seeing these younger players stepping up and learning from the veterans is what it is all about! Thursday night the Freshman were at JFred and lost a heck of a ball game in overtime and it meant alot to those boys to see many of our Varsity team members in the stands supporting them. This is why the winning tradition continues here at South!

Now about next Friday night against Greeneville, first of all get to Death Valley early to get a seat! I imagine the stands will be at capacity and when the whistle blows I believe it will be all South! Caution here though because you need to come out ready to fight and plan to keep it up the entire game. Sorry about Zack last night and I sure hope there are no injuries on either side this week. Go Rebs!

Rebel Freshmen play Science Hill today at Death Valley, at 5:30 p.m.----all you Rebel supporters come out and support your Freshman Team.

[

I doubt it. . . . . but then again South had trouble last night with Unicoi County's passing game. If they had trouble with big nasty Unicoi County's passing game then Greenville is going to throw all day on South. But i just don't see Greenville coming out with a win in the valley.

South obviously struggled a bit with Unicoi's passing game----No, it was ugly, very ugly at times. From my vantage point--correct me if I'm wrong---and no harm meant to any player---but it looked like it was our veteran corner and veteran safety. But I have to believe (from knowing them both) they are very-very dependable and will get that straightened out this week I expect huge games from both of them. I hope Gville sees that film and trys to exploit them.

South obviously struggled a bit with Unicoi's passing game----No, it was ugly, very ugly at times. From my vantage point--correct me if I'm wrong---and no harm meant to any player---but it looked like it was our veteran corner and veteran safety. But I have to believe (from knowing them both) they are very-very dependable and will get that straightened out this week I expect huge games from both of them. I hope Gville sees that film and trys to exploit them.

They were going thru the motions playing UC, just waiting on greenville and I feel they will be spot on this week..... as will the whole south team. This one will be interesting for about a quarter. South should blow this one out ........... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I say South 42 G Devils 14..........TF 200 rushing and BD 250 passing another 400+ offensive night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were going thru the motions playing UC, just waiting on greenville and I feel they will be spot on this week..... as will the whole south team. This one will be interesting for about a quarter. South should blow this one out ........... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I say South 42 G Devils 14..........TF 200 rushing and BD 250 passing another 400+ offensive night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you are correct, but I hope that the Rebels are not overconfident. I tend to give the opposing team more respect coming into the game---I know Greenway (sp?) can run and throw, but if we hit him in the mouth every play, it'll go our way. This time last year they hurt us bad with the screen pass to Barner--was the difference in the game-----Barner is out hurt, but we better have an answer for the screeen, as we did in the playoff game.

What changes have the Devils made on defense since the Jeff CO game, are they still in a four man front ? What about new stunts and bringing different blitz packages ? I think the Greeneville offense "could" hang 35 on most teams this year.South is the 4A team to beat in upper east Tennessee,but those teams in Knoxville will be a hand full for all of us come playoff time.

Last year was a fluke.

South will destroy Greenville, plain and simple.

Rebels = 49 OR 56

Devils = 21

Destroy? I think not. greenevilles passing games is pretty stout and south's secondary is quite the opposite. greeneville should rip the defence apart. and with their passing game they have, they can throw it to anyone on the field. this includes both fillers boys, new kid Wright, hall out of the back field and you can also throw it to the new found reciever rollins. im just sayin south better be workin at the db position because you leave one of these guys open and your done. either way it ends up it will be a high scoring game. i give either team one touchdown. it'll be a coin toss.

Destroy? I think not. greenevilles passing games is pretty stout and south's secondary is quite the opposite. greeneville should rip the defence apart. and with their passing game they have, they can throw it to anyone on the field. this includes both fillers boys, new kid Wright, hall out of the back field and you can also throw it to the new found reciever rollins. im just sayin south better be workin at the db position because you leave one of these guys open and your done. either way it ends up it will be a high scoring game. i give either team one touchdown. it'll be a coin toss.

So Phil, who's gonna stop Souths running game while we're piling up all these passing td's? And can anyone tell me how many passes Wright and Rollins have caught?....dropped? The o-line better show significant improvement or Greenway gonna have to scramble for all the yardage on Friday.

I agree with barb here. I saw alot more drops and incompletes than i saw cathes against boone. Greenway is a player and thats how we won. The performance of the o-line last week was not where it needed to be. Bentley is working them hard and none of them are stepping up. Hernandez has to be the leader there. Penton is the only other lineman that has had varsity experiance and that was one game. Nease played at south greene which is not the same football. We can't pass all year. The o-line has to start blasting holes for the backs. Greenway is the best player on the field most of the time, but the game is won up front

So Plil, who's gonna stop Souths running game while we're piling up all these passing td's? And can anyone tell me how many passes Wright and Rollins have caught?....dropped? The o-line better show significant improvement or Greenway gonna have to scramble for all the yardage on Friday.

Barb, sup. Hey, I'm bringing the gravy OK? You bringing the Jello?

I agree with barb here. I saw alot more drops and incompletes than i saw cathes against boone. Greenway is a player and thats how we won. The performance of the o-line last week was not where it needed to be. Bentley is working them hard and none of them are stepping up. Hernandez has to be the leader there. Penton is the only other lineman that has had varsity experiance and that was one game. Nease played at south greene which is not the same football. We can't pass all year. The o-line has to start blasting holes for the backs. Greenway is the best player on the field most of the time, but the game is won up front

Nease isn't a threat to anyone. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

He did SG a favor by leaving because he was LAZY. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

They don't seem to be missing him one bit. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />